View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 1:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 New Lions fan in the works! 
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: New Lions fan in the works!
regularjoe12 wrote:
thanks guys! it's a lil overhwelming at the moment. One minute im all excited to have an excuse to build model rockets, go see cartoon movies without looking like "that creepy dude", trips to disney world. hell I get to go sledding again!

Then in the next minute I worry about trying to keep up. I may act like a child whenever possible but sadly im an older guy (pushin 40). I gave up on having kids and figured I'd just be one instead.

Now for the first time in 20+ years I have no idea what to expect for tomorrow and for once am not going to be in total conrol of my life. very exciting...and down right frightening as hell! lol Thanks again gang for your well wishes and prayers. you guys are truely a great bunch a guys.

It's pretty damn cool. I can tell you that I'll be 41 in April and we have 3 children. 8, 5 and 1.5 year old. I about crapped myself when I found out my wife was pregnant with the 3rd one. Then we found out it was a girl, oh boy did my world go to hell in a hand basket. I was so happy to have the two boys and actually relieved that we hadn't had a girl. I was so afraid to have a girl, figuring I would be constantly worried and spending all kinds of money. Well I was right, I know I'll never stop worrying about her and I damn sure know she will cost me a fortune, but I wouldn't trade her for the world. While I'm out of town working, I can count on two things when I get home. Both her and the dog are waiting at the door for me to come inside. :wink:

Congrats and I wish you all the happiness in the world, truly great news!

March 3rd, 2012, 6:53 pm
QB Coach

I agree with TN, as I can attest to the fact that there is nothing like being the knight in shining armor for your daughter. As she is my only one, my wife and I have two more in Heaven, my daughter is my buddy. We split wood by hand together, okay I split wood and she rides in the wheel barrow as I move it around the house, but it is time together that is awesome.

However, I wish there was a pill or something because I've discovered that I live, (albeit quietly) in an all estrogen environment. My wife, my daughter, my 16 year old exchange daugther, and 2 cats, ALL FEMALE. If they were ever to be on the same cycle, I'd have to build a doomsday room for a week out of every month. :P Thankfully, it's not that way, but I still have times where I need to drag my knuckles, scratch, and become a total neanderthal in order to maintain testosterone levels. Generally when they're all gone....

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 4th, 2012, 11:28 am
RIP Killer

I have two boys and a girl as well. My oldest boy is 22 years old (first marriage), my second boy is 9 years old and my daughter is 7 years old. As expected, she is the most affectionate with me and has a very sweet demeanor. She is a social butterfly, making friends easily anywhere she goes. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

That said, I have told my daughter that she can't date until she has a black belt in both karate and jujitsu. She already knows that her interested suitors will be under very close scrutiny by me and any false step on their part will be their undoing. I know that as she gets older, she may not like my approach to her possible boyfriends, but so be it. I'll deal with it when it happens.

March 5th, 2012, 7:46 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I already feel bad for her if I have a daughter. I know how I was as a teen and that poor girl is going to have to be locked in her closet until she's 30! And her mom isn't going to be much help to her either. she' already said if it's a daughter we're putting bars on the windows. ( aparantly she used to sneak out as a teen quite often! lol)

March 6th, 2012, 3:37 am

Just got word...It's gonna be a girl! Girls can be kickers in the NFL right? :idea: :idea: :idea: \:D/

June 4th, 2012, 2:27 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
Just got word...It's gonna be a girl! Girls can be kickers in the NFL right? :idea: :idea: :idea: \:D/

Congrats to you Joe!

regularjoe12 wrote:
I already feel bad for her if I have a daughter. I know how I was as a teen and that poor girl is going to have to be locked in her closet until she's 30! And her mom isn't going to be much help to her either. she' already said if it's a daughter we're putting bars on the windows. ( aparantly she used to sneak out as a teen quite often! lol)

Poor girl!

June 4th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
Poor girl!

Oh dear lord you aint kidding! she's gonna have to be one strong girl to put up with this daddy. I guarenttee you i will be more than a tad overprotective.

Im actually looking forward to her first boyfriend picking her up. ill be on the porch, cleaning my shotgun and discussing the importance of physical barriers lol.

June 4th, 2012, 2:59 pm
RIP Killer

Congrats. I'm sure that child would have been loved regardless, but a "daddy's little girl" can be a special thing indeed.

Until the teenage years, like you said.

Oh, and don't expect that she will automatically be a very neat person. My daughter is an absolute pig. Cute....but just doesn't pick up after herself, regardless of the various punishments we throw at her.

Takes after her mother...... :wink:

June 4th, 2012, 8:54 pm
NFL Team Captain

Congrats on your awesome news.

June 12th, 2012, 10:16 pm
National Champion

Having your first child is aways a big one. It's an extra special blessing after all you have both been through. Congrats!

June 13th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Bailey Morgans Descent has begun! Jen has started Dilating, the docs are saying anytime between now and 3 weeks and there will be a new person to throw things at the TV when the Lions let another punt get returned for a TD!

(aw...that joke hurt a little!)

My excitement is barely containable!

October 5th, 2012, 5:07 pm
RIP Killer

Don't know how you swung this on a bye week but look up how to induce your wife before the Lions next game.

Good luck, get in as much sleep as you can until then - you will miss it...

October 5th, 2012, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

Bailey Morgan minzey has finally arrived at 9:48am this morning. She is a tiny lass weighing in at 5 lbs 12 oz and measuring in at 19 inches. Momma developed a fever about 10 hours into labor so they have the baby in the nursery doing tests for infection. Poor kid has to have a spinal tap on her first day of life...rough start for her, but we are confident she is fine. There are no infections in her mom, so she should be ok. We may even get out of the hospital in time to catch the game if the tests all come out negative.

Life is good my friends...life is pretty f'n good!

October 13th, 2012, 11:56 am
Hall of Fame Player

Congratulations. Keep the shotgun clean for 16 years from now when some boy with lust on his mind comes to pick her up for a date.

October 13th, 2012, 12:55 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Congrats, despite the fact that Obama would want you to abort your child.

October 14th, 2012, 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next