View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Delmas back at practice and isn't limited 
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: Delmas back at practice and isn't limited
He played 15,15,11. He isn't bob sanders he doesn't play 2 games per year as everyone thinks.

October 8th, 2012, 4:34 am
RIP Killer

ZAndrews81 wrote:
He played 15,15,11. He isn't bob sanders he doesn't play 2 games per year as everyone thinks.

I understand how many games he's played in. However, what you aren't taking into account is how many games he's played where he isn't 100%. That is an issue. When our other safeties are so poor that Delmas needs to be out there hurt, it's an issue. The Lions getting some additional quality players at the position could help prolong Delmas' career. Players who play hurt are at risk of more serious injury. Delmas DOES make a difference when he's in there, I agree. But having garbage next to him and behind him is not a long term plan for the improvement of this secondary. Wendling showed that what he did during pre-season was essentially not realistic. Erik Coleman is inconsistent, and Spievey just continues to be a waste of space. And for all the positive press he gets, Delmas still misses opportunities to make stops because he wants the big hit rather than the big play.

We'll see how he does in the Philly game. But regardless, the Lions need to make safety a priority in the off-season, with or without a healthy Delmas in the lineup.

October 8th, 2012, 9:28 am
Stadium Announcer

I agree we need better depth at S and need another starting S. I just think Delmas is too good not to keep around. Hopefully Silva can be a solid starter(HOPE) or a good depth player, he looked pretty decent last wk.

October 8th, 2012, 11:34 am
Team MVP

ZAndrews81 wrote:
I agree we need better depth at S and need another starting S. I just think Delmas is too good not to keep around. Hopefully Silva can be a solid starter(HOPE) or a good depth player, he looked pretty decent last wk.

It would be great to keep him around, but it better not be remotely near for a top asking price. Even if he is healthy, he isnt worth top dollar. If he can be kept for a reasonable amount, sure why not. Definitely a player you want to have on your team. But a SS and Delmas' replacement need to be kept in mind.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 8th, 2012, 12:36 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
ZAndrews81 wrote:

It would be great to keep him around, but it better not be remotely near for a top asking price. Even if he is healthy, he isnt worth top dollar. If he can be kept for a reasonable amount, sure why not. Definitely a player you want to have on your team. But a SS and Delmas' replacement need to be kept in mind.

Agreed. Delmas' asking price will play a big part in whether the Lions keep him for his next contract. If he pulls an Avril, I say let him go. I certainly hope the Lions don't decide to use the franchise tag on him. I agree that Delmas makes the defense better, but not by that much. If the Lions could find a ballhawk style safety, I'd replace Delmas in a heartbeat. Run support safeties are a dime a dozen now. Coverage safeties, particularly good ones who can play within the rules, are at a premium. And that's exactly the type of player the Lions need right now.

October 8th, 2012, 5:45 pm
Stadium Announcer

I think franchise tag for S is only 5/6 M. And if he wants a big payday I don't think he will get it anywhere.

October 8th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Delmas rules

October 14th, 2012, 5:07 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Killwill25 wrote:
Delmas rules

I would love to see him play like this for the rest of the season and his career. I don't think he really missed any tackles and they blitzed with him a lot. Granted, the interception was a bad throw, but, he DID come down with it and that's nice to see. Hopefully he can stay healthy and continue to play at a higher level. Today was hopeful.

October 14th, 2012, 6:31 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Footsoldier32 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Delmas rules

I would love to see him play like this for the rest of the season and his career. I don't think he really missed any tackles and they blitzed with him a lot. Granted, the interception was a bad throw, but, he DID come down with it and that's nice to see. Hopefully he can stay healthy and continue to play at a higher level. Today was hopeful.

This.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 14th, 2012, 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

He played well, no doubt about it. I cant take back what I said about him in the previous posts, because I still stand by them. BUT, he played well today and if he can prove he can stay healthy then he definitely makes a difference on the field.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 14th, 2012, 7:59 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
He played well, no doubt about it. I cant take back what I said about him in the previous posts, because I still stand by them. BUT, he played well today and if he can prove he can stay healthy then he definitely makes a difference on the field.

+1

He was in good position on that interception (behind the receiver) instead of having him lined up for a big hit. That's why he was able to come down with that ball. He did play well today, and I am hoping beyond hope that it's a sign of things to come. Perhaps, just perhaps, he has matured enough to realize that being in position to make plays is more important than showing up on Sports Center once in a while.

October 14th, 2012, 8:31 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I would not say Delmas is our best defender but he certainly seems to have the biggest impact. The defense seems so much better then he is back there and health(ish).

Now...if only we could be lucky enough to have Best come back concussion free...

October 15th, 2012, 12:06 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Vick was also rocked on that throw so the ball floated. Delmas is a good S in the NFL but I don't see the Lions being a top tier defense with him being the safety blanket at the back end. Also the defense looked like they played pretty similar to what they have all season without Delmas, with a big difference being an atrocious Philly O-line.

October 15th, 2012, 7:20 am
RIP Killer

I thought he was wrapping up well yesterday, better than when he was looking for highlight reel hits in the past. Overall nice game by Louie and glad to have him back there.

October 15th, 2012, 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

The secondary looked much better yesterday. Gave up one big play and I put that more on the play call than the players. The defensive backfield seemed like a much more cohesive unit.

October 15th, 2012, 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next