View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Make or break.. 
Heisman Winner

Post Make or break..
I don't think the season is over yet, but I think the bye week came at the perfect time. We have had 2 weeks to gameplan vs Philly and clean up what we have been doing so bad to start the season.

If we win and get to 2-3, we still have 5 divisional games left so we are by no means out of the hunt. Even if we lose and go 1-4 we still have 5 left and will be at most 4 games behind, but it'd be tough to overcome that.

What does everyone expect? I hope we come out aggressive and playing good from the start. If it looks bad in the 1st Q then looks like it'll be a long season...I'm happy I get to see the game though. (from pa)

October 9th, 2012, 9:01 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Make or break..
Like you said, the bye week came at a perfect time. Glad they didnt have it any later, or this team could be in serious trouble. Maybe luck will be on our side and Best gets cleared next week and he can stay healthy and contribute. I know thats asking a lot, but you never know.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 9th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Varsity Captain

I wouldn't feel so confident if the Lions lose and fall to 1-4, with the only win coming from a last-second TD against the Rams...

This is nearly a "must win" game for the Lions imo. 2-3 is salvageable... 1-4 feels like NFL death.

October 9th, 2012, 9:19 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49ers wrote:
I wouldn't feel so confident if the Lions lose and fall to 1-4, with the only win coming from a last-second TD against the Rams...

This is nearly a "must win" game for the Lions imo. 2-3 is salvageable... 1-4 feels like NFL death.

Said it best right here.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 9th, 2012, 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

I agree if the Lions don't win this game we are in for a long season fellas

October 10th, 2012, 12:59 am
Walk On

Unfortunately, this appears to be a "must win" game for the Eggles as well.

To me, the key to the game is the Lion DEs and Lbs. Contain Vick, and don't let him see Jackson, Maclin & the gang down field with the Lions DBs attempting to cover them. The blueprint to beating the Eggles is out there - and good Dline play and containment/making Vick run to the right is the key.

I'd like to see the Lions win this one, to amp up the excitement for next Monday night.

October 10th, 2012, 12:39 pm
National Champion

49ers wrote:

This kinda makes me sick, but I can't disagree... :(

October 10th, 2012, 12:55 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I.E. wrote:

Got to get to Vick fast because he turns the ball over a lot.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 10th, 2012, 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

Lions2SB2 wrote:
I.E. wrote:

Got to get to Vick fast because he turns the ball over a lot.

Yep - and make him run to the right.

October 10th, 2012, 4:06 pm
Heisman Winner

49ers wrote:

The Lions dominated the Rams. The defense gave up 250 yards and the offense nearly doubled their yardage. It was mainly just Stafford turning the ball over that made the game close.

I actually don't think they played that bad vs SF either, Stafford once again was the main reason that game was bad. Defense hung in there good enough to win IMO. They have lost 3 games by a combined 18 points which is avg of less than a TD a game..They are that close to being 4-0 when playing COMPLETELY like poop.

I have faith, but we'll know in the 1st Q if this team has been fixed or if it's the same old Lions. Last year alot of games were just like this, but we came out on the good end. We need to have something to play for..There is just no killer instinct by anyone on the team. It starts with the coaching IMO, they gotta get a fire started and keep it going throughout the entire game and not just when they are completely backs against the wall.

October 10th, 2012, 8:43 pm
League MVP

I.E. wrote:

To me, the key to the game is the Lion DEs and Lbs. Contain Vick, and don't let him see Jackson, Maclin & the gang down field with the Lions DBs attempting to cover them. The blueprint to beating the Eggles is out there - and good Dline play and containment/making Vick run to the right is the key.

I'd like to see the Lions win this one, to amp up the excitement for next Monday night.

those are important factors for the defense but to this point the defense has been the better part of the team. the lions will not win this game without 3 TDs from the offense and 1 or less big plays allowed on special teams. linehan, lets see what you ve come up with

October 11th, 2012, 2:06 am
Butkus Award Winner

hamma77 wrote:
49ers wrote:

The Lions dominated the Rams. The defense gave up 250 yards and the offense nearly doubled their yardage. It was mainly just Stafford turning the ball over that made the game close.

I actually don't think they played that bad vs SF either, Stafford once again was the main reason that game was bad. Defense hung in there good enough to win IMO. They have lost 3 games by a combined 18 points which is avg of less than a TD a game..They are that close to being 4-0 when playing COMPLETELY like poop.

I have faith, but we'll know in the 1st Q if this team has been fixed or if it's the same old Lions. Last year alot of games were just like this, but we came out on the good end. We need to have something to play for..There is just no killer instinct by anyone on the team. It starts with the coaching IMO, they gotta get a fire started and keep it going throughout the entire game and not just when they are completely backs against the wall.

Right on about that SF game. That horrendous overthrow to Titus was literally uncatchable and an easy pick for Goldson. That led to a SF touchdown, I believe, and we never fully recovered. Oh, and Houston, Bentley, and Delmas didn't play. We could very well be 4-0.

October 11th, 2012, 6:31 am
Varsity Captain

Shotty wrote:
Right on about that SF game. That horrendous overthrow to Titus was literally uncatchable and an easy pick for Goldson. That led to a SF touchdown, I believe, and we never fully recovered. Oh, and Houston, Bentley, and Delmas didn't play. We could very well be 4-0.

I don't think the secondary is the sole reason for the 3 losses.

October 11th, 2012, 8:38 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

49ers wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I don't think the secondary is the sole reason for the 3 losses.

agreed. Special teams are responsible for 2 of the losses all on their own. The D has actually been more solid than I expected from them. Fact is, with a special teams group that actually WORKS, we are 3-1. If we can fix that we can right the ship. If not, we are all going to be some unhappy campers around here.

October 11th, 2012, 9:04 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Certainly some gloom and doom is warranted at this point but I think it has been a bit overdone. The lions really beat up on the rams, as they should have, outside of Stafford's terrible day. The Lions hung with the 49ers despite a several glaring issues. We would have put the Titans and Vikings away if not for special teams. This is not the end of the world and the NFC North is appearing much weaker than originally believed.

October 11th, 2012, 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next