View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 12:08 am



Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ALCS Detroit vs New York. 
Author Message
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7235
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post ALCS Detroit vs New York.
It looks like it's the Yankees again. 3-0 bottom of the 7th as I type this.

I didn't have a preference as to who we play. Baltimore would have given us home field advantage. But, the Tigers have proven themselves able to eliminate the Yankees from the playoffs in recent years.


October 12th, 2012, 7:20 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7235
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
And now the Orioles have Bases loaded with only 1 out in the top of the 8th.


October 12th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Profile
Water Boy

Joined: October 12th, 2012, 10:15 pm
Posts: 5
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
I actually prefer the Yankees match up. I like our guys starting out in the road, stealing a game or two, and then putting the pressure on new York.


October 12th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
MrWizard wrote:
I actually prefer the Yankees match up. I like our guys starting out in the road, stealing a game or two, and then putting the pressure on new York.


X2

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 13th, 2012, 7:22 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 766
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
Jeter broke his ankle. Even as a Tiger's fan, I really wish the best for Jeter. I don't think anybody wants to win the series because the other team's captain couldn't play.

That said I still want to win the series, Go Tigers. Get well soon Jeter.


October 14th, 2012, 1:21 am
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
aManNamedSuh wrote:
Jeter broke his ankle. Even as a Tiger's fan, I really wish the best for Jeter. I don't think anybody wants to win the series because the other team's captain couldn't play.

That said I still want to win the series, Go Tigers. Get well soon Jeter.


This. Classy guy Jeter is!

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


October 14th, 2012, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
Lions2SB2 wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
Jeter broke his ankle. Even as a Tiger's fan, I really wish the best for Jeter. I don't think anybody wants to win the series because the other team's captain couldn't play.

That said I still want to win the series, Go Tigers. Get well soon Jeter.


This. Classy guy Jeter is!


Agree.

and like I said in another thread.."People wonder why I hate Valverde".

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 14th, 2012, 12:54 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
kdsberman wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
Jeter broke his ankle. Even as a Tiger's fan, I really wish the best for Jeter. I don't think anybody wants to win the series because the other team's captain couldn't play.

That said I still want to win the series, Go Tigers. Get well soon Jeter.


This. Classy guy Jeter is!


Agree.

and like I said in another thread.."People wonder why I hate Valverde".


If he comes in today when there up, I'm going to freak.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


October 14th, 2012, 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
EAT EM' UP TIGERS!

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 14th, 2012, 8:15 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
I was shocked coke stayed in rather than Benoit coming in for the 9th. Kudos to coke for pitching really well. And how about Sanchez? He's been lights out for about a month now. Tigers starters have a 0.95 ERA this postseason (and valverde has given up more ER than all starters combined.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 14th, 2012, 8:26 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 237
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
conversion02 wrote:
I was shocked coke stayed in rather than Benoit coming in for the 9th. Kudos to coke for pitching really well. And how about Sanchez? He's been lights out for about a month now. Tigers starters have a 0.95 ERA this postseason (and valverde has given up more ER than all starters combined.



I was glad he stayed in. He was getting them out and pitching well. Of course thats when skipper usually takes someone out for the closer.


Frok

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


October 14th, 2012, 9:51 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: WSU
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
conversion02 wrote:
I was shocked coke stayed in rather than Benoit coming in for the 9th. Kudos to coke for pitching really well. And how about Sanchez? He's been lights out for about a month now. Tigers starters have a 0.95 ERA this postseason (and valverde has given up more ER than all starters combined.


yanks had a left hander leading off the 9th so that probably made Leyland s decision easy. If Coke got in trouble I think we would have seen Benoit. Hopefully Valverde can figure out whatever he s doing wrong but if we advance another round I wouldnt be surprised to see Villareal make the roster though position players probably wont be taken off the roster for the interleague games.


October 15th, 2012, 12:03 am
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7235
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
A little less than 3 hours until 1st pitch. And I am feeling a perfect game for Justin Verlander tonight. Perfect setting for a perfect game. Comerica Park. Game 3 ALCS. Tigers vs. Yankees. Perfect game for Verlander.
Who's with me?


October 16th, 2012, 5:17 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 766
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
I don't care how they do it, I'm calling this a must win game. Lose this game and it'll be series tied after game 4.


October 16th, 2012, 5:20 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7235
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: ALCS Detroit vs New York.
conversion02 wrote:
I was shocked coke stayed in rather than Benoit coming in for the 9th. Kudos to coke for pitching really well. And how about Sanchez? He's been lights out for about a month now. Tigers starters have a 0.95 ERA this postseason (and valverde has given up more ER than all starters combined.


Who is that that has been wearing Cokes uniform and what did he do with the real Phil Coke?

Apparently, Coke's proctologist finally located Coke's head and performed a Rectal Craniumectomy just in time for the playoffs.


October 16th, 2012, 5:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.