View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 6:36 am



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene 
Author Message
Head Cheerleader

Joined: January 29th, 2006, 12:47 pm
Posts: 36
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
The guy is driving a 99 Ford P.O.S sounds like hes trying to get a new car to me. Suh doesnt have the best track record, but the guy sounds like he's trying to cash in imo.


October 13th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9764
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
Jk14 wrote:
The guy is driving a 99 Ford P.O.S sounds like hes trying to get a new car to me. Suh doesnt have the best track record, but the guy sounds like he's trying to cash in imo.


If it were Suh's first offense, I'd definitely agree. But given his track record, I'll give the guy driving the Ford POS the benefit of the doubt.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


October 13th, 2012, 9:45 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 235
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
Jk14 wrote:
The guy is driving a 99 Ford P.O.S sounds like hes trying to get a new car to me. Suh doesnt have the best track record, but the guy sounds like he's trying to cash in imo.


Who cares what someone drives??? What if that is all the guy could afford to drive to get to work, its worth a lot to him. Maybe he just wants his car repaired so it can be driven safely.

It doesn't, imo, matter who was at fault in this incident...Su should have been issued a ticket for leaving the seen of an accident.


Frok

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


October 14th, 2012, 9:10 am
Profile
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3630
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
Guys...the devil s in the details...


Suh rear taillight got smash...the guys front end got smash. Without a third party witness there is no way the police can find fault in the guy with rear end damage on a side swiping charge. It just can't be done.

With Suh's driving record I believe he prolly caused the accident. It appears he drives as aggressive as he plays, but in a "he said she said situation", the damage does not indicate evidence to back that up. Suh got lucky IMO.


But to m2k's point...I'm not sure how he got away with leaving the scene without at least a ticket.


October 14th, 2012, 10:52 am
Profile
Head Cheerleader

Joined: January 29th, 2006, 12:47 pm
Posts: 36
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
frok wrote:
Jk14 wrote:
The guy is driving a 99 Ford P.O.S sounds like hes trying to get a new car to me. Suh doesnt have the best track record, but the guy sounds like he's trying to cash in imo.


Who cares what someone drives??? What if that is all the guy could afford to drive to get to work, its worth a lot to him. Maybe he just wants his car repaired so it can be driven safely.

It doesn't, imo, matter who was at fault in this incident...Su should have been issued a ticket for leaving the seen of an accident.


Frok


How many times have you gotten into a accident and did a lengthy interview with a newspaper, going on and on about Suh being disrespectful to him??? Screams of someone trying to make a buck off someone elses hard work. I understand it was a accident with a sports star, but why go on and on in a interview if you werent trying to get more than just his car fixed. Suh doesnt have a best track record driving but this guy sounds like he's trying to cash in.


October 14th, 2012, 9:10 pm
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: December 12th, 2008, 1:42 am
Posts: 345
Location: Michiana
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
*Sigh* If the Dearborn Police were trying to give preferential treatment to an athlete for the sake of their favorite team, they would have done the Lion's a bigger favor by arresting his @$$ and taking his damn license away. Suh would be much better off paying a driver to take him everywhere and going to traffic AND anger management school.

This whole incident really bothers me to be honest. I think it’s time to hang that jersey up in the closet for awhile.

I see it less as someone trying to cash in on his celebrity status and hoping to make a buck off of him, and more as a disturbing display of arrogance and intimidation and "Thuggish behavior". I can't stand behind him on this one at all.

The Portland incident was different IMO because he had a car full of women with him and he was showing off in his muscle car leaving "Da Club". Just ask Rothlesburger, Travis Henry, or ANY professional athlete out in public has a target on his back when it comes to gold digging women. That ESPN 30 for 30 special "Broke" had an interview with some club promoter in Miami that makes "Baller Alert" tweets when someone spots a pro athlete in a club. She said Michael Jordan showed up to some club she promoted and because of that TWO THOUSAND WOMEN showed up there! I have little doubt that this woman was with him for that reason (I think she is even married IIRC?) and was looking to cash in when the accident happened.

The guy that got sideswiped though?

That looks a lot more like an innocent person minding his own dang business and going to work in the morning and then Suh flipped out into road rage mode and threatened him. I honestly have to say that although it sounds like he's whining about the whole thing and drawing much more attention to it then it ever deserved, I think he was in the right and I applaud him for standing his ground (even though he had a very angry 300 lb guerilla threatening him).

Suh was an @hole and he lost control of his temper and threatened someone, probably a (now former) fan. This really is beginning to be a troubling pattern of behavior.

Where is the smiling guy on the Subway commercials and his #SuhSquad self promotional machine?

Where is the articulate and intelligent man that observes more then he speaks?

Where is the obedient son with traditional values?

The “all business and intensity” persona he built for himself was good at first but It’s detrimental to him now.

It's time for Suh to grow the FK up and chill out. Take some anger management classes. Admit responsibility for your actions and mistakes. TALK TO THE MEDIA and present yourself as a likeable person with a sense of humor and some humility. Go make some public appearances and sign autographs when you AREN’T promoting something. Have fun out there. Act like you are too.

I can't say any of his actions are severe enough to cut him because he's still young and he's still playing at a high level, but he needs to get his head straight and stop proving the critics right. Kinda pointless to have these off season PR tours and then turn around and do something like this.

_________________
Same Old Lions, just a different year....


October 16th, 2012, 10:41 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11820
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
More info has come out:
Quote:
Lions DT Ndamukong Suh made the first call to police after traffic altercation, records show

By John Kreger | CBSSports.com
October 19, 2012 1:07 am ET

When a Detroit area man accused Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh of sideswiping him and leaving the scene of an Oct. 11 accident, Suh's past on- and off-field transgressions made the story seem plausible.

One week later, however, 911 calls obtained by the same television station that reported the original story tell a different tale.

On the day of the incident, WJBK-TV spoke with Steve Vines, who said Suh had sideswiped him on the exit ramp of a freeway near the Lions' Allen Park practice facility. He said Suh yelled at him in a confrontation outside the facility.

Vines' call to 911 emergency dispatch mirrors his version of the incident.

"I just got sideswiped by a guy really bad, and he's trying to take off," Vines told the dispatcher. "He just left the scene and took off through the light and pulled in[to] the training facility."

Vines' claim that Suh left the scene of the accident is confirmed by a call simultaneously being made by Suh to another dispatcher -- but that's where the two men's stories diverge. Suh said on his call that the reason he didn't stop after the incident was that he wasn't comfortable in the situation.

"I have a guy that just cut me off and I tried to go around him, and now he tried to hit me when I went around him after he cut me off," Suh said during his 911 call. "I don't trust this person. I just took his license plate. I'm a Detroit Lion and I'm going to take myself to work, which is right here, and can the police meet me there, please? I'm about to take a left to go to the facility."

The timestamps on the calls indicate that Suh's came in one minute before Vines made contact with emergency services. Those facts seem to contradict Vines' assertion that Suh was verbally abusive, confrontational and attempting to leave the scene of an accident.

“What it comes down to is, it was an arrogance thing, in my eyes,” Vines told the Detroit Free Press after the incident. “It was just pure arrogance. ‘Get out of my way, or I'm going to make you move.' And then, ‘I'm too good to sit here and wait. I'm going to leave; you guys can come find me.' ”

Dearborn police closed the case without issuing a citation to either party, calling the incident a “minor traffic accident in which fault cannot be determined.”

While Suh didn't specifically address the accident Thursday, he said he understands that he will always be under the microscope that comes with athletic celebrity -- a microscope that made a minor accident a national headline.

"There's been a microscope on me since I graduated from high school in 2005," he said. "Being an Army All-American in high school, being an All-American in college, being the second overall pick in the NFL, there's always a microscope on you. That's what comes with the territory."

Follow Lions reporter John Kreger on Twitter at @CBSLions and @JohnKreger.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-r ... cords-show

_________________
Go Lions!!! headbang.gif

Joe Fauria, MVP!


October 19th, 2012, 11:49 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10270
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
Good job at all the clowns bashing Suh's poop and not having any details other than some garbage hearsay...


I had something similar happen to me on high school. Pulling out of the parking lot and some chick in a POS beater who couldn't drive a stick rolled back into me. I opened the door, she drove off. A small dent in her bumper and my turn signal smashed out. I followed her (flashing my lights and honking) and where I would turn, she kept going straight. I got home, called the cops and she apparently already called them saying I rear ended her and drove off. So after lying, she smashed the hell out of her taillights.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 19th, 2012, 3:13 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: WSU
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
conversion02 wrote:
Good job at all the clowns bashing Suh's poop and not having any details other than some garbage hearsay...


I had something similar happen to me on high school. Pulling out of the parking lot and some chick in a POS beater who couldn't drive a stick rolled back into me. I opened the door, she drove off. A small dent in her bumper and my turn signal smashed out. I followed her (flashing my lights and honking) and where I would turn, she kept going straight. I got home, called the cops and she apparently already called them saying I rear ended her and drove off. So after lying, she smashed the hell out of her taillights.


not sure what you are talking about, suh admits the guy lane changed in front of him (cut him off) and then they got in an accident when suh tried passing him. suh got pissed that this guy passed him and he tried passing him out of anger and ended up sideswiping the guy. just bc suh called one minute earlier doesnt make his claim of "always doing what is right" in any way accurate.


October 19th, 2012, 9:52 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2712
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Good job at all the clowns bashing Suh's poop and not having any details other than some garbage hearsay...


I had something similar happen to me on high school. Pulling out of the parking lot and some chick in a POS beater who couldn't drive a stick rolled back into me. I opened the door, she drove off. A small dent in her bumper and my turn signal smashed out. I followed her (flashing my lights and honking) and where I would turn, she kept going straight. I got home, called the cops and she apparently already called them saying I rear ended her and drove off. So after lying, she smashed the hell out of her taillights.


not sure what you are talking about, suh admits the guy lane changed in front of him (cut him off) and then they got in an accident when suh tried passing him. suh got pissed that this guy passed him and he tried passing him out of anger and ended up sideswiping the guy. just bc suh called one minute earlier doesnt make his claim of "always doing what is right" in any way accurate.


The accident happened after suh passed him. The damage was Suh's rear light. So suh's story matches the damage. Suh called to let the police know where he was going and if he could meet them at the practice facility. So the whole story about Suh leaving the scene of the accident was false. Sideswiping would have had damage to the side, not direct rear. Nothing in that guy's story has matched up.


October 19th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10270
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
And yet another example of having a certain mindset and biased tendencies...hard to change an image when nobody even bothers to listen to the facts, but rather believe some blow hard trying to get his 5 minutes in the limelight...

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 19th, 2012, 11:09 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2125
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
conversion02 wrote:
And yet another example of having a certain mindset and biased tendencies...hard to change an image when nobody even bothers to listen to the facts, but rather believe some blow hard trying to get his 5 minutes in the limelight...

=D>It seems like Suh actually did the right thing. sadly, I know thats got to piss of some people on this board

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 20th, 2012, 4:39 am
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: WSU
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
njroar wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Good job at all the clowns bashing Suh's poop and not having any details other than some garbage hearsay...


I had something similar happen to me on high school. Pulling out of the parking lot and some chick in a POS beater who couldn't drive a stick rolled back into me. I opened the door, she drove off. A small dent in her bumper and my turn signal smashed out. I followed her (flashing my lights and honking) and where I would turn, she kept going straight. I got home, called the cops and she apparently already called them saying I rear ended her and drove off. So after lying, she smashed the hell out of her taillights.


not sure what you are talking about, suh admits the guy lane changed in front of him (cut him off) and then they got in an accident when suh tried passing him. suh got pissed that this guy passed him and he tried passing him out of anger and ended up sideswiping the guy. just bc suh called one minute earlier doesnt make his claim of "always doing what is right" in any way accurate.




The accident happened after suh passed him. The damage was Suh's rear light. So suh's story matches the damage. Suh called to let the police know where he was going and if he could meet them at the practice facility. So the whole story about Suh leaving the scene of the accident was false. Sideswiping would have had damage to the side, not direct rear. Nothing in that guy's story has matched up.



the accident happened "as" suh was passing the other guy not "after." this was a reckless attempt to pass someone suh was pissed off at - the damage to the guys car was on the front and side - not just on the front...

the other guy called 911 later then suh bc he stopped his car (what are you supposed to do) and called after seeing suh continuing to drive to the practice facility (not ok despite what anwar richardson wrote)


October 20th, 2012, 10:13 am
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: WSU
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
Quote:
Lions' Ndamukong Suh called 911 and didn't flee last week's accident scene



By Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com
on October 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM, updated October 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Email | Print


Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was accused of fleeing an accident scene last week, but those allegations appear to be false. AP File Photo

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was accused of fleeing the scene of an accident during a road rage incident last week.

As it turns out, Suh tried to do the right thing.

Steve Vines said that Suh sideswiped him, and then acted irrationally after the alleged act on October 11. Vines alleged that after Suh hit his car, Detroit's defensive tackle left the scene of the accident, and he was forced to call police.

However, it appears Suh was the first person to notify police, according to the 911 tape obtained by FOX2 News.

Suh called 911 at 6:28 a.m., one minute before Vines' call, and informed police dispatch that he was in an accident. Here is a portion of Suh's interaction with 911 after the accident occurred near the Lions' practice facility:



"Yeah, I have a guy that just cut me off and I tried to go around him, and now he tried to hit me when I went around him after he cut me off," Suh said on the 911 call. "I don't trust this person. I just took his license plate. I'm a Detroit Lion and I'm going to take myself to work, which is right here, and can the police meet me there, please?"

"I'm about to take a left to go to the facility."

"What's your name?" the dispatcher asked.

"Mr. Suh," he said.

"Where are you going to meet us at the entrance there?" the dispatcher said.

"Yes, meet me at the entrance, please," Suh said.


After the Dearbon Police Department responded, no tickets were issued to either driver.

Suh was heavily criticized for his lack of accountability because of the alleged incident with Vines, but it appears Detroit's defensive tackle tried to act responsibly after the accident.


not getting how anwar contends that suh didnt flee the accident and i dont believe suh was actually too scared of this guy vines to stop at the scene. and vines tried hitting suh's car when suh was passing him? sure....we were all born yesterday... suh doesnt even acknowledge that there was an accident...


October 20th, 2012, 10:17 am
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: WSU
Post Re: Suh is accused of sideswiping a car, leaving scene
more from freep article

Quote:
When Suh was asked why he chose not to give his side of the story to reporters, he seemed resigned to a fate of negative publicity.

"People are going to think and say what they want to say," he said. "Like I said, I always do the right thing. Whether or not somebody wants to report the right thing or if they don't want to report the right thing, they just want to talk to the first person that wants to get their 2 minutes of fame."

Suh also said he did not consider himself at fault.

"To me, it's not that big of a deal because I know I didn't do anything wrong," he said.

"Unfortunately, I've been in an accident before, so I know what to do."


nope, definitely not in denial


October 20th, 2012, 10:35 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.