View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 3:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Delmas back at practice and isn't limited 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Delmas back at practice and isn't limited
Ferris wrote:
The secondary looked much better yesterday. Gave up one big play and I put that more on the play call than the players. The defensive backfield seemed like a much more cohesive unit.

I don't know--when you saw what was happening pre-snap, there was a lot of confusion on the part of the players. I was worried it was going to be a botched play on our part and it sure was--should've called a timeout.

October 15th, 2012, 11:25 am
Team MVP

Ferris wrote:
The secondary looked much better yesterday. Gave up one big play and I put that more on the play call than the players. The defensive backfield seemed like a much more cohesive unit.

Just curious, how do u know what the play call was and that what the call was just wasn't executed.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 15th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

kdsberman wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Just curious, how do u know what the play call was and that what the call was just wasn't executed.

It was a coverage issue. Delmas should always take the inside or deep man on the cross. Houston jumped the cross like he was supposed too, but so did Delmas, leaving Maclin wide open. I can give him a little slack for missing so much time, but that's the basics. It wasn't the play call from the sideline that was the issue, it was the trips and the communication on the field. Who gets who is simple.

October 15th, 2012, 5:11 pm
League MVP

No surprises here. Ive been saying how important Delmas is since last season when the team was amongst the top 5 rated defenses vs the pass prior to Delmas injury. Should be a solid unit from here on out barring further injury.

October 16th, 2012, 8:24 am
All State

I'll eat crow on this one too. As much as it's frustrating to see him go on and off of injury he certainly makes an impact. We saw that in Philly.

October 16th, 2012, 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4