View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 10:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 World Series Here We Come 
Team MVP

Post World Series Here We Come
Good job Tigers!!! You are playing un-freakin-believable!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 18th, 2012, 7:40 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: World Series Here We Come
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 18th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

For Scherzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Hall of Fame Player

It appears that both Coke and Young are regular season scrubs and post season studs. 2 years in a row now. Stink in the regular season and smell like a rose in the post season.

October 18th, 2012, 9:58 pm
RIP Killer

Coke was a scrub? He is a Loogy...and a damn good one. It's when smokey leaves him in there vs righties, he gets tore up. In 2011, Coke went 2-2 with a 3.71 ERA as a relief pitcher and struck out 32 in 34 innings pitched out of the bullpen. Left-handed batters hit just .215 off of him. That's pretty solid.

Also remember that he had a 3.69 ERA thru 11 starts last year. Is that terrible for you? His arm wasn't used to all the action and he got wrecked after that.

Also, it sounds like young wont be around next year since its been said that Garcia is likely to be the full time RFer next year. And after Dirks hit .320+ this year while playing nice D, I can't see him not getting a starting gig. I can't see Nick C making the team next year. Maybe mid season call up if Garcia tanks. I'd still like to have a proven commodity in RF until Garcia has some more time to settle in and get used to the bigs

LF - Dirks
CF - Jackson
RF - Garcia
3B - Cabrera
SS - Peralta
2B - Infante
1B - Fielder
C - Avila
DH - Martinez

P
Verlander
Scherzer
Fister
Sanchez
Smyly

Porcello traded for prospects (namely a SS), Santiago and boesch let go

October 18th, 2012, 10:30 pm
Heisman Winner

I would like to see a Lefty starting pitcher, but I think Porcello is here for the long haul. How long is Sanchez under control, I looked it up a while ago but don't remember.

October 18th, 2012, 10:59 pm
League MVP

Sanchez will be a free agent

October 19th, 2012, 12:38 am
Hall of Fame Player

I'm watching the AL Championship trophy presentation. My wife Tivoed it for me. Illitch does NOT LOOK GOOD. Dumbrowski had to hold him up the whole time and help him lift the trophy up. He is wearing a really bad wig. And you could see a bad makeup job in order to give him some color. He doesn't speak very well anymore either.

I'm afraid that he isn't long for this world. I hope there is a plan in place, for transitioning this team when he passes away.

October 19th, 2012, 1:00 am
Modmin Dude

BillySims wrote:
I'm watching the AL Championship trophy presentation. My wife Tivoed it for me. Illitch does NOT LOOK GOOD. Dumbrowski had to hold him up the whole time and help him lift the trophy up. He is wearing a really bad wig. And you could see a bad makeup job in order to give him some color. He doesn't speak very well anymore either.

I'm afraid that he isn't long for this world. I hope there is a plan in place, for transitioning this team when he passes away.
I was thinking the same thing. Is he sick or is it just old age? And I would have to think there is already a succession plan in place for both the Tigers and the Red Wings as well as the rest of Olympia Entertainment

October 19th, 2012, 9:08 am
League MVP

BillySims wrote:
It appears that both Coke and Young are regular season scrubs and post season studs. 2 years in a row now. Stink in the regular season and smell like a rose in the post season.

Young had his share of regular season contributions also especially in August but I agree with you he was a frustrating player to watch at times during the season. I doubt they bring him back if VMART is healthy but I bet he s increasing his value on the FA market quite a bit with his outstanding postseason performance.

October 19th, 2012, 9:17 am
RIP Killer

Dood is like 86 years old. He's not going to look like a stud. poop, I hope I'm still alive at 86.

FYI, I know dirty Sanchez is a FA, but I think they'll resign him after the September and October he has had (he's been stellar). Also, I think poor cello is a casualty, he's a NL pitcher who needs a defense like Kansas City's behind him to put down a sub-4.0 ERA. On a team with a poor defensive infield and good defending OF, sinkerballers will rot here while guys like JV and Max will flourish.

October 19th, 2012, 2:37 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Is he sick or is it just old age? And I would have to think there is already a succession plan in place for both the Tigers and the Red Wings as well as the rest of Olympia Entertainment

I'm pretty sure the businesses are staying in the family. My only hope is its not just "business" to whomever takes over. Mr I loves this town and these teams, they're not just businesses. There's few owners out there like that - Jerry jones, Mike Illitch, Mark Cuban, etc.

October 19th, 2012, 2:39 pm
League MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
I would like to see a Lefty starting pitcher, but I think Porcello is here for the long haul. How long is Sanchez under control, I looked it up a while ago but don't remember.

October 19th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

?

October 19th, 2012, 10:16 pm
League MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
The Legend wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

?

Sanche is a free agent this offseason, just reminding CO2 that you were the one that asked

October 20th, 2012, 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next