View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 1:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Is Suh a team player? 

Is Suh a team player?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 14 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Occassionally 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 20

Is Suh a team player? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Is Suh a team player?
thelomasbrowns wrote:
I guess the jury's still out, but the part I still don't get is why he didn't participate in the victory lap. That meant so much to the fans, the team, and the city.

that was the only time i was angry with him

June 22nd, 2012, 12:25 am
Rookie Player of the Year

More evidence to the contrary:

Quote:
Suh says his sister’s “Freedom” tweet had nothing to do with him
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -with-him/
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 18, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT

AP
For all the attention Ndamukong Suh has earned for himself, he’s now being forced to explain for his sister.

Last Saturday, the day after Suh and his sister were sued and two days after he was involved in a fourth traffic accident in under three years as a Lion, Suh’s sister Ngum tweeted: “Thank u Jesus! Only 2.5 more years! #Freedom”.

Perhaps coincidentally, Suh has two and a half years left on his rookie contract, thanks to a voidable final year.

That led the Lions defensive tackle to go on the offensive with his love for Detroit.

“What my sister tweets is what she tweets,” he said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “It has nothing to do with me. That’s her personal account. That’s why her name’s on it. I have my personal account that says verified, it says my name on it.”

So when asked about his future with the Lions, he said: “I would love to be here. This city is great to me, it continues to be great to me. The people are great people and I love playing here, that’s why I wear the jersey.”

For all his talent on the field, his traffic problems have drawn as much notice since his rookie season, something he said he’s used to.

“There’s been a microscope on me since what was it, I graduated high school in ‘05, so being an Army All-American in high school, being an All-American in college, being a first-[round], second overall pick in the NFL, there’s always going to be a microscope on you,” Suh said. “That comes with the territory.”

Asked how he keeps the off-field issues from being a distraction, he replied: “Next question. It’s as simple as that. Next question.”

All this story really needs now, is for Wes Welker to swing by and tell everyone Ngum was just joking, and it’ll be tied up in a neat little bow.

Permalink 3 Comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Home, Rumor Mill

October 18th, 2012, 4:52 pm
Pop Warner Vet

thelomasbrowns wrote:
More evidence to the contrary:

Quote:
Suh says his sister’s “Freedom” tweet had nothing to do with him
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -with-him/
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 18, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT

AP
For all the attention Ndamukong Suh has earned for himself, he’s now being forced to explain for his sister.

Last Saturday, the day after Suh and his sister were sued and two days after he was involved in a fourth traffic accident in under three years as a Lion, Suh’s sister Ngum tweeted: “Thank u Jesus! Only 2.5 more years! #Freedom”.

Perhaps coincidentally, Suh has two and a half years left on his rookie contract, thanks to a voidable final year.

That led the Lions defensive tackle to go on the offensive with his love for Detroit.

“What my sister tweets is what she tweets,” he said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “It has nothing to do with me. That’s her personal account. That’s why her name’s on it. I have my personal account that says verified, it says my name on it.”

So when asked about his future with the Lions, he said: “I would love to be here. This city is great to me, it continues to be great to me. The people are great people and I love playing here, that’s why I wear the jersey.”

For all his talent on the field, his traffic problems have drawn as much notice since his rookie season, something he said he’s used to.

“There’s been a microscope on me since what was it, I graduated high school in ‘05, so being an Army All-American in high school, being an All-American in college, being a first-[round], second overall pick in the NFL, there’s always going to be a microscope on you,” Suh said. “That comes with the territory.”

Asked how he keeps the off-field issues from being a distraction, he replied: “Next question. It’s as simple as that. Next question.”

All this story really needs now, is for Wes Welker to swing by and tell everyone Ngum was just joking, and it’ll be tied up in a neat little bow.

Permalink 3 Comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Home, Rumor Mill

I just read this on yahoo, sucks to see, I hope it isn't true. I hope to see Suh in a Lions uniform his entire career.

October 18th, 2012, 9:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

id consider moving this guy, it just keeps getting worse and worse and this latest one gives you an idea of what is going on behind closed doors. i find it hard to believe that his sisters tweet doesnt reflect suh s feelings in conversations the two of them have had. to me, it also likely means that the organization has come down on suh but suh either doesnt respect there authority or is in denial that he is at fault in most of these occurrences.

the lions need cap space and being able to move cap space for draft picks is gold. mayhew has a year and a half to cash out the suh ticket.

October 19th, 2012, 11:48 am
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
id consider moving this guy, it just keeps getting worse and worse and this latest one gives you an idea of what is going on behind closed doors. i find it hard to believe that his sisters tweet doesnt reflect suh s feelings in conversations the two of them have had. to me, it also likely means that the organization has come down on suh but suh either doesnt respect there authority or is in denial that he is at fault in most of these occurrences.

the lions need cap space and being able to move cap space for draft picks is gold. mayhew has a year and a half to cash out the suh ticket.

I have a feeling I'm gonna agree with this sooner rather than later.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 19th, 2012, 1:27 pm
Stadium Announcer

I disagree. I believe Suh will be the best DT in the league very soon. He is only 37 games in. Why let a star get away and for draft picks at that. Trading a proven commodity for an unknown to save some money in my opinion is silly. I think some lionbacker members look to deep into the cap situation. Somebody from the team is gonna get paid big bucks why not keep your best defensive player and one of the best in the league? Let's not forget dts often don't get the stats. Suh had a phenomenal rookie year. And didn't do as well in year 2/3 but how bout the impact plays. Batting down Janikowskis fg to win the game. If he doesn't knock down vicks pass we are 1-4. And it looks like fairleys coming along. That could be the sickest DT tandem in the league for years.

October 19th, 2012, 5:43 pm
Heisman Winner

Trade suh is just like saying trade Calvin back a few years ago.

That'd be stupid. No further comment needed

October 19th, 2012, 6:52 pm
Team MVP

hamma77 wrote:
Trade suh is just like saying trade Calvin back a few years ago.

That'd be stupid. No further comment needed

I dont think anyone here is campaigning to "Trade Suh". I think, based on the comments, it should be a little concerning. I mean, im not saying Suh is lying. BUT, how do we REALLY know what the tweet meant? How do we really know whats going on behind the scenes? We dont.

Personally, im not gonna get all worked up about it, but it did open my eyes a little.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 19th, 2012, 8:16 pm
RIP Killer

It'll be we'll known when they go to discuss an extension with him, dur...why all the hate now? Without suh, they would have lost that game against the eagles.

October 19th, 2012, 11:11 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

This is from January 2011:
http://news.cameroon-today.com/cameroon ... -suh/3787/

She still has her dreams to follow. She put them on hold for Suh. Maybe his father was going to take over when he retires at the second contract mark. Five years is a long time to put off your dreams for your kid brother. She played on the Cameroon National team, had her own training facility in Oregon and gave it all up to help. She wants her own life, so I wouldn't blame her for wanting to get back to her life.

October 19th, 2012, 11:23 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

If I'm the GM I keep through next season and then move him. This is strictly my opinion but I don't give DTs big contracts. I'm a big fan of Suh but you get what you can out of him on the field in this rookie contract and then move him to the highest bidder. Every year it seems there are at least two "Oh my!" DTs in the draft as well as some above average ones in FA. To me DT just isn't a position that should be getting paid like Hayneswoth did.

October 20th, 2012, 7:49 am

njroar wrote:
This is from January 2011:
http://news.cameroon-today.com/cameroon ... -suh/3787/

She still has her dreams to follow. She put them on hold for Suh. Maybe his father was going to take over when he retires at the second contract mark. Five years is a long time to put off your dreams for your kid brother. She played on the Cameroon National team, had her own training facility in Oregon and gave it all up to help. She wants her own life, so I wouldn't blame her for wanting to get back to her life.

she should go live her life then, suh is a grown man - he doesnt need her unless there is something seriously wrong with him

October 20th, 2012, 10:07 am
RIP Killer

sweetd20 wrote:
If I'm the GM I keep through next season and then move him. This is strictly my opinion but I don't give DTs big contracts. I'm a big fan of Suh but you get what you can out of him on the field in this rookie contract and then move him to the highest bidder. Every year it seems there are at least two "Oh my!" DTs in the draft as well as some above average ones in FA. To me DT just isn't a position that should be getting paid like Hayneswoth did.

The Lions have already gone through a phase where they undervalued the DT position, and it hurt them. I agree that in the past few drafts there have been some good DTs available, but that's not always the case. There are always dry spells on certain positions, as far as elite prospects being available. Corey Williams is probably going to be done after this season. The Lions may consider giving him a one or two year deal, but I am hoping they don't offer him a blockbuster deal. Sammie Lee Hill needs to be retained, I think, more so than Corey Williams. Corey's been great this year, but Hill is young and can be so much more effective in both aspects of the game. If anyone should be considered for dealing to another team, it should be Fairley. He's shown just about nothing, except an occasional flash here and there. Put him out there for trade, and if someone offers a bag of Snickers mini's and a free car wash, take them up on it.

October 20th, 2012, 2:18 pm

its a good point but you d get more and better picks as well as cap space for suh. i hope the lions can straighten out suh and keep him but it doesnt look like any progress has been made in that department

October 20th, 2012, 2:22 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I picked occassionally, you're not a team player when you getting into trouble with the law.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 21st, 2012, 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next