View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears I on MNF 
RIP Killer

Post GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears I on MNF
Lions try to even up their record at 3-3 against the division leading Bears tonight in Chicago on MNF!

Post all your thoughts pre, during and post game in this thread.

Also join other fans in the Lionbacker Chatroom during the game. http://www.lionbacker.com/chat

GO LIONS!

October 22nd, 2012, 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears I on MNF
Go Lions! :arrow:

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 22nd, 2012, 10:49 am
National Champion

Go Lions!

Though i'll say, ythe Lions will have to play a near perfect game to win this one. We won't beat the Bears if we play like we did against Philly...

or Minnesota...

or Tennessee...

or... well, you get the idea.

October 22nd, 2012, 12:39 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Logic says the bears have a better record, a better defense, very good at intercepting passes and scoring on the defense, very good stopping opponents only allowing 16 points a game - On the other side a wounded secondary, Stafford is off to a sucky start, sucks against the cover 2, Calvin can't get into the end zone via the madden curse, and we aren't a very good run team.

Lions 38, Bears 35 OT

Just because thats how the NFL seems to work.

Stafford 300 yards 5 TD's 0 INT's, Johnson 120 yards 2TD's. Over 100 yards rushing.

October 22nd, 2012, 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

Bears give up 14 points a game.... lowest in the league - at least prior to yesterday. I highly doubt they'll put 30 plus on the Bears outdoors in the rain in Chicago.

October 22nd, 2012, 2:14 pm
Modmin Dude

Joe Fauria, MVP!

October 22nd, 2012, 2:42 pm
All State

I want to be more optimistic, but the realist in me says that the Offense and ST coverage has to show us something more then we have seen to date to pull this one off. A strong game by the D that makes Brings out the same kind of Cutler we saw against GB could give us an edge though.

I'm going to say 21-17 Bears with a Pick 6 or ST TD in their favor possibly.

October 22nd, 2012, 2:53 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I.E. wrote:
Bears give up 14 points a game.... lowest in the league - at least prior to yesterday. I highly doubt they'll put 30 plus on the Bears outdoors in the rain in Chicago.

Yup, that's definitely a big accomplishment against those ferocious offenses they've played (Rams, Jaguars, Colts (Luck's first game ever), Cowboys led by THE choke artist) and when they played a real team they lost by 2 scores. I'm not trying to sound like a broken record, but I'm not sold on the Bears, at all.

Lions: 23
Bears: 14

October 22nd, 2012, 3:08 pm
Walk On

Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:

Yup, that's definitely a big accomplishment against those ferocious offenses they've played (Rams, Jaguars, Colts (Luck's first game ever), Cowboys led by THE choke artist) and when they played a real team they lost by 2 scores. I'm not trying to sound like a broken record, but I'm not sold on the Bears, at all.

LOL... you're right, dude - you do sound like a broken record of the Lions fight song. That's OK - that's the great thing about football ... on any given Sunday, anything can happen. That's why they play the games, instead of awarding W and L by previous stats.

FYI - Erin Rodgers managed 16 points on the Bears, even with Cutler spotting them 4 extra possessions in Green Bay. Call it losing by two scores if it makes you feel better.

October 22nd, 2012, 3:25 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

It's wet here, but the rain seems to have subsided for the time being. Wind is nonexistent.

October 22nd, 2012, 3:52 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I.E. wrote:
Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:

LOL... you're right, dude - you do sound like a broken record of the Lions fight song. That's OK - that's the great thing about football ... on any given Sunday, anything can happen. That's why they play the games, instead of awarding W and L by previous stats.

FYI - Erin Rodgers managed 16 points on the Bears, even with Cutler spotting them 4 extra possessions in Green Bay. Call it losing by two scores if it makes you feel better.

I don't know if you watched the game, but the Bears scored 7 near garbage time. They were down 20-3 and Jennings got a very nice pick, but it's not like the Packers were urgent. The Packers dominated that game from start to finish. Played tremendous defense all game, and the offense got hot in the 2nd half.

October 22nd, 2012, 4:14 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Lions win, and I be at work for about first half but I downloaded the Watch ESPN app so hopefully it works!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 22nd, 2012, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
All State

thelomasbrowns wrote:
It's wet here, but the rain seems to have subsided for the time being. Wind is nonexistent.

Great to hear that! Hope it stays that way.

October 22nd, 2012, 4:25 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Justin Miller was just signed, Doug Hogue cut. More secondary depth is great, and Amari has been stepping in at the nickel occasionally this season.

October 22nd, 2012, 4:32 pm
Walk On

Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:
Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:

I don't know if you watched the game, but the Bears scored 7 near garbage time. They were down 20-3 and Jennings got a very nice pick, but it's not like the Packers were urgent. The Packers dominated that game from start to finish. Played tremendous defense all game, and the offense got hot in the 2nd half.

LOL ... you "don't know if I watched the game?" Did you? It was a bad game for the Bear offense - to be sure. But it was totally winnable by the Bears and Mike Tice and Cutler totally lost their minds and blew it. Your recollection is that of a Lions fan desperately looking for solace from the one example where it can be spun that tonight's opponent is vulnerable. We'll just talk to you later, I guess. I'm sure if you lose, you won't be full of "ifs, ands and butts"... right? I know I won't.

October 22nd, 2012, 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next