View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears I on MNF 
Pop Warner Vet

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears I on MNF
Does anyone else get nervous on every single special teams play and carry by our offensive players trying to pick up extra yards, it literally makes me cringe watching, waiting for a mistake.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:06 am
Heisman Winner

Very frustrating to watch this game and really the season. I tend to think its not the QB, but maybe it is. He is not on like I'd normally expect. Someone should show him some tape of the Mitchell fade to Herman Moore. Those jump balls on the goal line are indefensible, I think. In my mind he is absolutely the guy for us, but he can play a lot better I think.

I am dissapointed with the lack of ability of Linehan to dream up anything at all to force any defense out of the 20 yd deep safety cover 2. That was a good defenseive effort by a team with CB's playing who were on the street last Sunday. They wasted that.

CJ has disappeared like this over the years, but I thought that was over after last season. Clearly he gets all the attention, but he is so talented he should always be a factor. And he should regularly take over games. That does not happen enough in my estimation.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:09 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

MobiusOne wrote:
Jk14 wrote:
Linehan needs to go, he was good last year. But the play calling is horrible this year, the personel decisions are horrible. He cant adjust his play calling to everyone playing their safeties 20 yards off the line. Its embarrassing, no screen passes, no swing passes, no combo routes, no creativity on play calling.

Agree 100% we need some youthful fiery OC who is willing to be way more creative than Linehan, also our Oline got exposed big time.

Yeah, those two fumbles by Linehan in the red zone were inexcusable. :-s

October 23rd, 2012, 12:10 am
Team MVP

MobiusOne wrote:
Jk14 wrote:
Linehan needs to go, he was good last year. But the play calling is horrible this year, the personel decisions are horrible. He cant adjust his play calling to everyone playing their safeties 20 yards off the line. Its embarrassing, no screen passes, no swing passes, no combo routes, no creativity on play calling.

Agree 100% we need some youthful fiery OC who is willing to be way more creative than Linehan, also our Oline got exposed big time.

Agree. Agree. Agree.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 23rd, 2012, 12:10 am
Pop Warner Vet

Quote:

His playcalling is inexcusable, you cannot say it wasn't

October 23rd, 2012, 12:13 am
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
MobiusOne wrote:
Jk14 wrote:

No they werent, but THATS the problem, we can only get in the red zone those couple times! We should have gotten in the red zone, with the talent on this offense, over 50% of our possessions, then maybe those 2 fumbles wont look AS bad. But when we can only get in a scoring oppurtunity a couple times, then ya it sucks.

Id like to know why Bell was carrying the ball right then anyway. Whatever happened to that LeShoure guy who we spent a 2nd round pick on and is like 225lbs? Oh ya, ON THE SIDELINE.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 23rd, 2012, 12:14 am

DJ-B wrote:
Also, the Announcers need to get off the bears jocks. Tillman had a good game, and briggs fell on a fumble. The rest of their team didnt have a single impressive play this game.

THe Lions lost this, but the bears didnt even look good holding the Leos to a shutout. Id be very surpised if the Lions didnt win the Yards battle, just failed to score.

I'm sure if the we did ANYTHING, they would've said so. The Bears took the ball away a bunch just like the anounncers expected them too. I thought the commentary was fine, as horrible as we were they kept stressing that we were still only 2 possesions down

October 23rd, 2012, 12:16 am
All State

And it just got worse. Schwartz just announced Burleson broke his leg. Done for the year. WJB must be jumping for joy right now if he knows this. At least now we know Broyles has some talent.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:18 am

CJ got absolutley owned by Tillman and Pettigrew is a gigantic pussy. Also, I'm starting to see what people are saying about Linehan killing the offense

October 23rd, 2012, 12:22 am
Pop Warner Vet

I think it's a little too early to determine if Broyles is legit or not. One drive, in garbage time against prevent defense doesn't cut to for me. Besides, he's from OU.

(check my location)

October 23rd, 2012, 12:26 am
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 022-recap6

Recap is up, ugh! Go Tigers!

October 23rd, 2012, 12:26 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Linehan sucks, but Schwartz won't fire him, he's too damn loyal to his guys. They will both have to go down together.

Looks like we are headed for a top 10 pick again.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:30 am
Heisman Winner

DisgruntledFan wrote:
And it just got worse. Schwartz just announced Burleson broke his leg. Done for the year. WJB must be jumping for joy right now if he knows this. At least now we know Broyles has some talent.

That sucks for NB. Despite his flaws, I think he is a leader on the team. I guess we will see for sure if Titus is the idiot he acts like or if he can grow up. He or Broyles will now need to step up.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:31 am

jrd66 wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

That sucks for NB. Despite his flaws, I think he is a leader on the team. I guess we will see for sure if Titus is the idiot he acts like or if he can grow up. He or Broyles will now need to step up.

going up against Seattle's DBs in 6 days is looking pretty scary, even if we had Nate

October 23rd, 2012, 1:10 am
QB Coach

I'm almost glad I was at work for this one. I came home and checked the recap only to see that we missed on 3 redzone chances. Hold on to the damn ball and we win this game. Woulda been huge for our season but now as people are saying lets start looking to the draft. Let's load up on secondary and o-line.

October 23rd, 2012, 1:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next