View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Kurt Warner a Lion???? 
Peewee Leaguer

Post Kurt Warner a Lion????
Does anyone think the Lions should go after Kurt Warner if he leaves the Giants to give Harrington some competion???

January 10th, 2005, 8:25 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Warner has proven that if you get him shook, he is a terrible quarterback. He was great in the system that the Rams ran, but his 15 minutes ran out in one game against the Giants. I have said it before, I would hate to have to listen to his wife go on about how the Lions are mis-using her husband. Please remember, this the humble opinion of someone who is nothing more than a fan.

January 10th, 2005, 9:29 am
Stadium Announcer

Post Kurt Warner and others
I am inclined to place the fate of the Detroit Lions in the hands of Joey Harrington for one more year. Although he was somewhat disappointing this year, overall the statistics suggest that he is maturing and getting better. I still wonder if the Mariucci system is right for him, but that?s a whole different discussion.

I am not a proponent of trying to attain Kurt Warner. Although he would make a serviceable back-up, he does not want to be relegated to that role. In addition, he will probably command a larger salary than the Lions can afford given their other needs. I look for him to surface in Dallas, Chicago or Arizona if the Giants let him go. The same is probably true of Matt Hasselbeck.

My personal choice for a back-up would be Kelly Holcomb. I believe that he is an ideal back-up to Joey and yet possesses the necessary attributes to allow him to succeed in a Mariucci style offense, if needed.

Other free agents, by position, that I hope the lions consider:
WR
David Patten (NE)

TE
Ken Dilger (TB)
Anothony Becht (NYJ)

Offensive Tackles
Ryan Diem (IND)
Bob Whitfield (JAX)
Offensive Guards

Joe Andruzzi (NE)
Tom Nutten (STL)

There are a number of players in the other positions (DE, S, etc.) that the Lions may also look at, but there are no players (free agents) that I particularly like.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

January 10th, 2005, 10:11 am
Modmin Dude

um, like no freaking way. IMO Warner is done, he may be a 3rd stinger somewhere, but definately not a starter

January 10th, 2005, 11:12 am
RIP Killer

um, like no freaking way. IMO Warner is done, he may be a 3rd stinger somewhere, but definately not a starter

Ditto - I agree totally with Wags. What a remarkable meteoric rise and fall for Warner.

I may be ok with him as the backup if 1) the $ was right, 2) we had a young prospect at #3 and 3) he fully understood he was the backup. He wouldn't be my first choice though.

January 10th, 2005, 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Right on rabbi...I was thinking Kelly Holcomb would be a good choice too for a few reasons. Although he is no superstar he exposed another top drafted QB and gave the team the cahones to cut their strings from him. He also played on the Browns who IMHO have been lacking at the skilled positions anyways Detroit would be a step up...prolly wouldn't cost that much and could threaten enough for the starting position without crying for it.

He is not a big name but he was enought to expose Tim Couch. If he can play as good as Joey then we can eventually save some money and put it to use elsewhere.

January 10th, 2005, 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

IMO Kurt should be back bagging groceries. His 15 mins is up.

January 10th, 2005, 2:54 pm
Site Admin

Let's drop Kurts name from the running officially somehow. Anyone who mentions him as a pontential Lion will now be refered to as Mrs.Warner :lol:

I would rather keep Mike...like that's a secret :roll:

January 10th, 2005, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Like other ppl on here have said. I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Kelly Holcomb as a backup or potential starter who knows and he probably wouldn't cost us to much.

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 10th, 2005, 7:32 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I wouldn't mind kitna, but he probably wants a lot of money/starting job.

January 10th, 2005, 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

January 10th, 2005, 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]