View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 5:31 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Burleson Breaks Leg 
NFL Team Captain

Post Burleson Breaks Leg
Just saw this on NFL Network:

Burleson suffered broken leg - out for the season.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:26 am
Team MVP

Post Re: Burleson Breaks Leg
Good way to kick em' while they're down...

I guess if there were a bright spot to this, its that Broyles playing time just went skyrocketing.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 23rd, 2012, 12:31 am
League MVP

spievey also went out with a concussion. 4th concussion for him. he s out at least a week and he had been playing pretty well

October 23rd, 2012, 9:09 am
Walk On

How do we address the Burelson loss? I know we have 2 viable WR's in Young and Broyles but unless our Sooner pull some Wes Welker type of production taking the pressure off Megatron, our offense will continue to sputter even worse. Do we bring in a Vet Wr that might take the pressure off Calvin like Plaxico or ride it out with the youngster's? Thoughts??

October 23rd, 2012, 6:01 pm
RIP Killer

Mufasa wrote:
How do we address the Burelson loss? I know we have 2 viable WR's in Young and Broyles but unless our Sooner pull some Wes Welker type of production taking the pressure off Megatron, our offense will continue to sputter even worse. Do we bring in a Vet Wr that might take the pressure off Calvin like Plaxico or ride it out with the youngster's? Thoughts??

I'd like to see Scheff get more looks, he is a matchup problem for many teams and has a great set of hands.

I don't expect the Lions to make much of a move, I mean we still have CJ, Scheff, Pett, Young Sr., Broyles, and RBs out of the backfield. You can also throw Kassim Osgood or Logan out there in a pinch.

The Lions already have some "maturity" issues, I don't think we need to add a Plax, 85, or TO to the mix...

October 23rd, 2012, 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

It's getting painful to visit these forums.

October 23rd, 2012, 8:48 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49ers wrote:
It's getting painful to visit these forums.

... :( now you are starting to feel the pain as a Lions fan

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 23rd, 2012, 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Report: Burleson out up to eight months
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT

It was known that Lions receiver Nate Burleson will miss the rest of the season with a broken leg. It wasn’t known when he’ll be back.

According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, Burleson will need up to eight months to recover. That means he’ll miss most of the 2013 offseason program.

With his salary shooting from $825,000 to $4.5 million next season, it also means there’s a good chance that, without a restructured contract, he has played his last game as a Lion.

The Lions are counting on Titus Young and/or Ryan Broyles to step up. Burleson’s absence also will create more opportunities for tight end Tony Scheffler, who’ll line up in the slot.

Call us crazy (as if you need an invitation), but we’d also consider the possibility of shifting Jahvid Best to slot receiver in the hopes of reducing the inevitability of further concussions that will exist if he continues to play running back, and in order to create more chances for him to use his speed and agility away from the center of the line of scrimmage.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ht-months/

October 24th, 2012, 10:42 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

That Jahvid Best comment would be quite logical if he were ever going to play an NFL game again... but the chances of that seem extremely slim to me.

October 24th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Modmin Dude

DJ-B wrote:
That Jahvid Best comment would be quite logical if he were ever going to play an NFL game again... but the chances of that seem extremely slim to me.
Agreed, but you never know. I believe I advocated for sitting Best for the entire season and see what he has left, if anything, during the off-season workouts. Obviously from a drafting standpoint, you'd have to consider him a no-go and look for potential replacements.

October 25th, 2012, 9:47 am
QB Coach

Some have said that Burleson will be gone because 1. we owe him too much money, 2. I assume they think he isn't producing....

Has anything about his character shown you that he is not willing to re-negotiate his contract?

Has he ever been a cancer to this team? (think T.O., or Ocho)?

Has he ever not produced?

Could his possible lack of production have anythng to do with a QB who's not throwing accurately? I don't have the stats but Stafford has been off all season.

Just curious

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 25th, 2012, 9:53 am
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Lions officially place Burleson on IR, sign Brian Robiskie
Posted by Josh Alper on October 24, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT

The Lions held workouts for a group of veteran wide receivers on Tuesday in hopes of finding someone to take Nate Burleson’s spot on the roster for the rest of the season.

They have decided on the winner of that little contest. The team officially placed Burleson, who is expected to be sidelined eight months by a broken leg, on injured reserve and signed Brian Robiskie. Deon Butler and Legedu Naanee reportedly worked out for the team along with Robiskie, who was released by the Jaguars after the first week of the regular season.

Robiskie will fill Burleson’s slot on the roster, but he won’t take his place in the lineup. Robiskie has just 39 career catches and hasn’t played in a regular season game since being released by the Browns during the 2011 season.

Titus Young and Ryan Broyles will get first crack at increased playing time with Burleson out of the lineup while Robiskie will mostly be focusing on special teams work in the coming weeks. Given his lackluster track record since being taken in the second round of the 2009 draft by the Browns, it’s hard to imagine that he’ll wind up doing much more than that over the course of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -robiskie/

October 25th, 2012, 11:03 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Some have said that Burleson will be gone because 1. we owe him too much money, 2. I assume they think he isn't producing....

Has anything about his character shown you that he is not willing to re-negotiate his contract?

Has he ever been a cancer to this team? (think T.O., or Ocho)?

Has he ever not produced?

Could his possible lack of production have anythng to do with a QB who's not throwing accurately? I don't have the stats but Stafford has been off all season.

Just curious

IF... Broyles and Young Sr. step up their game and become solid options in the passing game.. then due to the cap hit Nate has coming for next year I can see the Lions cutting him. That way he can test the FA market and maybe the Lions can re-sign him back after they see what type of offers he'll get.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 25th, 2012, 11:07 am
Veteran General Manager

DJ-B wrote:

I have been suggesting that switch since last season. It will extend his career.

October 26th, 2012, 1:36 am
Team MVP

Not by any means am I saying Burleson breaking his leg is a good thing, BUT if Titus played closed to that level every week in Nates absense then I am all for it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 29th, 2012, 3:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next