View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears I on MNF 
RIP Killer

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears I on MNF
hamma77 wrote:
I love the way Alphonso played that 2nd half man..He came out lookin rusty but fixed it up real quick and saved us atleast 10 points on that swat and on the Hester tackle.

Just wish we weren't so stupid to cut him in the 1st place..

I liked his play the second half as well but remember what you get with Alphonso - supreme inconsistency. You cannot count on him to play like he did in the 2nd half of that game...

October 24th, 2012, 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Facts are facts....I am not a big Linehan fan, and feel his play calling can be better. But the truth is, this offense isn't doing well because of our so called skill players. Stafford is playing like garbage, pure and simple. Passes and plays he was making last year are seemingly beyond his capability this year. Drops by Calvin that you didn't see last year, Pettigrew doing the same, Young dropping passes, running backs falling down or making poor reads on zone blocking plays....the list goes on. Our offensive line is the only bright spot. They have actually played well. The only team the Lions have played well offensively against is a Titans team with a sketchy defense to begin with. Other than that, the offense has been wildly inconsistent. And at the beginning of the season, we were all sold on the idea that the Lions offense would be up to the task of putting points on the board, but it would be the defense that would create havoc for the team. Hasn't quite worked out that way.

Someone has to straighten out Stafford. He is not the only responsible party, but he is largely responsible for this team not being competitive on that side of the ball. I'm not saying pull him, but there has to be a reason why we saw such a sudden change from his pre-season form to now. If the Lions are serious about winning football games, that's where the fix has to begin. If not, six wins would be a blessing.

October 24th, 2012, 7:29 pm
Modmin Dude

hamma77 wrote:
I love the way Alphonso played that 2nd half man..He came out lookin rusty but fixed it up real quick and saved us atleast 10 points on that swat and on the Hester tackle.

Maybe he needed to be cut to open his eyes. IIRC he hasn't done much since his first year w/Lions.

October 25th, 2012, 9:45 am
Walk On

TheRealWags wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

Maybe he needed to be cut to open his eyes. IIRC he hasn't done much since his first year w/Lions.

AS made some plays. But I recommend playing well over time & actually winning before celebrating lilke he does, as a rule. From the mannerisms and displays from some of the Lions on Monday night after making a play, I'd guess they were in first place & absolutely dominating the competition.

I think a HUGE part of the problem with the Lions this year, is they believe their own hype. They've taken on the persona of a great team without having earned it. They celebrate winning tiny battles instead of huge victories.

I'll say this one more time about Suh ... I've never been a big fan, but he way he played and handled himself the other night was top notch. Maybe there's a leader developing there. This team needs it - badly.

October 25th, 2012, 10:33 am
Butkus Award Winner

I.E. wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

AS made some plays. But I recommend playing well over time & actually winning before celebrating lilke he does, as a rule. From the mannerisms and displays from some of the Lions on Monday night after making a play, I'd guess they were in first place & absolutely dominating the competition.

I think a HUGE part of the problem with the Lions this year, is they believe their own hype. They've taken on the persona of a great team without having earned it. They celebrate winning tiny battles instead of huge victories.

I'll say this one more time about Suh ... I've never been a big fan, but he way he played and handled himself the other night was top notch. Maybe there's a leader developing there. This team needs it - badly.

This. The whole post.

October 25th, 2012, 2:20 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

This. The whole post.

Right there with you.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 25th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8