View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 CRAZY coincidence??? you tell me 
Pro Bowl Player

Post CRAZY coincidence??? you tell me
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/19 ... 092046.htm (year 1999)

Russia figures out how to make diamonds 50 years ago, then ALL THE SUDDEN news comes out that a seberian meteroite found, that underneath lies TRILLIONS of diamonds LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... 91691.html (year 2012)

So, when you g/f want's a diamond, tell her a CZ is the better deal :)

October 29th, 2012, 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: CRAZY coincidence??? you tell me
The only difference between a "real" diamond and a CZ is that a CZ is "too perfect" to be natural...

I really don't understand why diamonds have any real value. They can be duplicated fairly easily, and if they can be duplicated "perfectly" (CZ), who's to say that they can't be duplicated "imperfectly?" Now there's this "new" trillion dollar discovery of diamonds, yet they won't come down in value whatsoever... Seems ridiculous to me...

Even rubys can be duplicated to the point where NO ONE can tell a real from a fake. I get the value of gold, silver and platinum, but these "gems" are way over-rated.

October 29th, 2012, 11:18 am
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The only difference between a "real" diamond and a CZ is that a CZ is "too perfect" to be natural...

I really don't understand why diamonds have any real value. They can be duplicated fairly easily, and if they can be duplicated "perfectly" (CZ), who's to say that they can't be duplicated "imperfectly?" Now there's this "new" trillion dollar discovery of diamonds, yet they won't come down in value whatsoever... Seems ridiculous to me...

Even rubys can be duplicated to the point where NO ONE can tell a real from a fake. I get the value of gold, silver and platinum, but these "gems" are way over-rated.

Diamonds are valuable for a very simple reason: De Beers controls the supply and markets them very well. The reality is that diamonds are neither rare nor precious. Years ago they weren't valuable at all. True precious metals such as rubies and sapphires were expensive and sought after. De Beers created the entire market.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 29th, 2012, 12:26 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Diamonds are valuable for a very simple reason:De Beers controls the supply and markets them very well. The reality is that diamonds are neither rare nor precious . Years ago they weren't valuable at all. True precious metals such as rubies and sapphires were expensive and sought after. De Beers created the entire market.

This is the truth. Fact check it, De Beers controls about 98% of the market, until the Russians discovered the trillions of diamonds that is...

October 30th, 2012, 12:20 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Ferris wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Diamonds are valuable for a very simple reason:De Beers controls the supply and markets them very well. The reality is that diamonds are neither rare nor precious . Years ago they weren't valuable at all. True precious metals such as rubies and sapphires were expensive and sought after. De Beers created the entire market.

This is the truth. Fact check it, De Beers controls about 98% of the market, until the Russians discovered the trillions of diamonds that is...

...and it's not like Russia is suddenly going to decide to lower prices. They'll collude with De Beers to keep prices high, and they'll both keep making huge $$$ from he diamonds.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 30th, 2012, 1:31 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
Diamonds are valuable for a very simple reason: De Beers controls the supply and markets them very well. The reality is that diamonds are neither rare nor precious. Years ago they weren't valuable at all. True precious metals such as rubies and sapphires were expensive and sought after. De Beers created the entire market.

Crown this man.

October 30th, 2012, 10:08 am
Walk On

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Agreed... but good luck finding a lady who agrees with you. lol

October 30th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]