View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 31st, 2014, 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The Official Leyland Must Go Thread 
League MVP

Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I like smokey, but some of his decisions are ludicrous, as we all know. That in mind, I think he does give this team the best chance to win it all, partly because the players would jump off a bridge for the guy.

However, even if he does come back, it'll likely be on one year deals. That will only happen for so long until they move on. So the question still remains...who's the replacement? I can't imagine jimmy having more than 3 more years left here. A former player? An insider like Lamont or Belliard?

I would be OK with Lamont. But, I would love it if for some reason Ron Washington and the Texas Rangers parted ways and the Tigers were able to hire him. The team I least wanted to see the Tigers play in the playoffs was the Rangers. And it isn't from a superior players standpoint. Ron Washington, continuously, outmaneuvers Leyland. As a result, the Rangers have been to us, what we have been to the Yankees.

really ron washington? the guy with the outstanding bullpen that turned to his starter out of the pen, Derek Holland, to not just cost his team the division on the last day of the regular season but also made the same mistake again to lose the AL wildcard playoff game...gimme a break. do you watch what these other managers have done down the stretch? girardi, ventura, washington all with huge gaffes. this isnt leylands first rodeo pal, he knows how his players better than you do.

And he completely out managed Leyland the previous two post seasons.

1st of all the tigers werent in the postseason in 2010 so hard to say that washington outmanaged leyland. as for last year, Washington didnt outmanage Leyland so much as he had a better bullpen with more and better arms. im sure you would ve been happy with leyland if the tigers got to the world series got within 1 strike of winning it in game 6 and then lost as washington's rangers did

October 23rd, 2012, 11:06 am
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I like smokey, but some of his decisions are ludicrous, as we all know. That in mind, I think he does give this team the best chance to win it all, partly because the players would jump off a bridge for the guy.

However, even if he does come back, it'll likely be on one year deals. That will only happen for so long until they move on. So the question still remains...who's the replacement? I can't imagine jimmy having more than 3 more years left here. A former player? An insider like Lamont or Belliard?

I would be OK with Lamont. But, I would love it if for some reason Ron Washington and the Texas Rangers parted ways and the Tigers were able to hire him. The team I least wanted to see the Tigers play in the playoffs was the Rangers. And it isn't from a superior players standpoint. Ron Washington, continuously, outmaneuvers Leyland. As a result, the Rangers have been to us, what we have been to the Yankees.

really ron washington? the guy with the outstanding bullpen that turned to his starter out of the pen, Derek Holland, to not just cost his team the division on the last day of the regular season but also made the same mistake again to lose the AL wildcard playoff game...gimme a break. do you watch what these other managers have done down the stretch? girardi, ventura, washington all with huge gaffes. this isnt leylands first rodeo pal, he knows how his players better than you do.

1st of all the tigers werent in the postseason in 2010 so hard to say that washington outmanaged leyland. as for last year, Washington didnt outmanage Leyland so much as he had a better bullpen with more and better arms. im sure you would ve been happy with leyland if the tigers got to the world series got within 1 strike of winning it in game 6 and then lost as washington's rangers did

Hey Einstein, the Tigers did not have to be in the post season to play the Texas Rangers. Why are you so concerned over who I would like to see become the Tigers manager anyway. That's Dumbrowski's job. Not mine.

October 23rd, 2012, 11:44 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Please Leyland... leave!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 28th, 2012, 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

not going to happen, Leyland signed a one year extension so he (and the whole coaching staff) will be back next year.

October 30th, 2012, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

I knew it would happen. But, I don't like it. Everyone says Leyland is the best manager in the game. Really???? The Best manager in the game just let Sandaval hit 3 HR's in Game 1 of the WS!!!!! Anyone that's no as retarded as the best manager in the game would have cut him off at 2 HR's. But not our Leyland. He even gave Sandaval a 4th try to whack us again. That set the tone for the entire series. Good job Leyland!!!!!!!!! You are getting paid to lose world series for us. I would have kicked your retarded butt out of town.

October 31st, 2012, 12:47 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
BillySims wrote:
I knew it would happen. But, I don't like it. Everyone says Leyland is the best manager in the game. Really???? The Best manager in the game just let Sandaval hit 3 HR's in Game 1 of the WS!!!!! Anyone that's no as retarded as the best manager in the game would have cut him off at 2 HR's. But not our Leyland. He even gave Sandaval a 4th try to whack us again. That set the tone for the entire series. Good job Leyland!!!!!!!!! You are getting paid to lose world series for us. I would have kicked your retarded butt out of town.

This! Good manager until we get to the playoffs, and then I think he is an awful one.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 31st, 2012, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Hey Einstein, the Tigers did not have to be in the post season to play the Texas Rangers. Why are you so concerned over who I would like to see become the Tigers manager anyway. That's Dumbrowski's job. Not mine.

you wrote "previous two postseasons" as bolded above, next time look at yourself in the mirror when you want to name call. anyway quite humorous to watch you get mad at your own mistakes yet again.

October 31st, 2012, 7:19 pm
Hall of Fame Player

OH PLEASE MARLINS, HIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
MIAMI (AP) -- A person familiar with the Miami Marlins' managerial search says former Pittsburgh Pirates manager Lloyd McClendon has become at least the fourth candidate to interview for the job.

The person confirmed the discussions to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins aren't commenting on the search.

McClendon managed the Pirates from 2001-05 and went 336-446. He's currently the Detroit Tigers' hitting coach and has been with them since 2006, twice helping them reach the World Series, including this year.

Former major league manager Larry Bowa, ex-big league catcher Mike Redmond and Cincinnati Reds pitching coach Bryan Price also interviewed to replace Ozzie Guillen, who was fired after one season. Price later withdrew from consideration.

The Tigers hitters, with the exception of Cabrera and Jackson, and occasionally Fielder, the Tigers hitters were putrid all season long. It was hitting, and lack thereof, that lost the World Series. Even though our Bull pen had the potential to derail us, the SP's averted that problem for us just to be sabotaged by the hitters.

October 31st, 2012, 7:24 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
you wrote "previous two postseasons" as bolded above, next time look at yourself in the mirror when you want to name call. anyway quite humorous to watch you get mad at your own mistakes yet again.

So I inadvertently placed the word "post" in there. I didn't intend to. I'm sorry I called you Einstein. I guess calling someone a genius is now a cut down.

October 31st, 2012, 7:30 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

again. Phuck Jim Leyland

October 14th, 2013, 12:52 am
Heisman Winner

Killwill25 wrote:
again. Phuck Jim Leyland

Because Leyland was the guy who couldn't get anyone out in the 8th. You're right, if only Leyland executed his pitches.

October 14th, 2013, 9:38 am
League MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
again. Phuck Jim Leyland

Because Leyland was the guy who couldn't get anyone out in the 8th. You're right, if only Leyland executed his pitches.

anytime the tigers lose its bc of leyland anytime they win its bc of great players and ilitch.

October 14th, 2013, 5:34 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:

Quote:
MIAMI (AP) -- A person familiar with the Miami Marlins' managerial search says former Pittsburgh Pirates manager Lloyd McClendon has become at least the fourth candidate to interview for the job.

The person confirmed the discussions to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins aren't commenting on the search.

McClendon managed the Pirates from 2001-05 and went 336-446. He's currently the Detroit Tigers' hitting coach and has been with them since 2006, twice helping them reach the World Series, including this year.

Former major league manager Larry Bowa, ex-big league catcher Mike Redmond and Cincinnati Reds pitching coach Bryan Price also interviewed to replace Ozzie Guillen, who was fired after one season. Price later withdrew from consideration.

The Tigers hitters, with the exception of Cabrera and Jackson, and occasionally Fielder, the Tigers hitters were putrid all season long. It was hitting, and lack thereof, that lost the World Series. Even though our Bull pen had the potential to derail us, the SP's averted that problem for us just to be sabotaged by the hitters.

Miggy = career year
Hunter = career year
Infante = career year
Peralta = career year
Vmart = hit like .360 after the break when he finally got up to speed after missing a year

October 14th, 2013, 7:56 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Quote:

Miggy = career year
Hunter = career year
Infante = career year
Peralta = career year
Vmart = hit like .360 after the break when he finally got up to speed after missing a year

Do you always wait a year to reply?

October 15th, 2013, 6:50 am
RIP Killer

Sure, why not? I tend to avoid reading most of your posts on the tigers anyway. Same old crap every year, leyland sucks, fire leyland, wah wah. Yeah, it's his managing that gives up homers, blows saves, can't get a F'ing hit...must be his fault.

October 15th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next