View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 31st, 2014, 4:22 am



Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The Official Leyland Must Go Thread 
Author Message
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3569
Location: WSU
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I like smokey, but some of his decisions are ludicrous, as we all know. That in mind, I think he does give this team the best chance to win it all, partly because the players would jump off a bridge for the guy.

However, even if he does come back, it'll likely be on one year deals. That will only happen for so long until they move on. So the question still remains...who's the replacement? I can't imagine jimmy having more than 3 more years left here. A former player? An insider like Lamont or Belliard?


I would be OK with Lamont. But, I would love it if for some reason Ron Washington and the Texas Rangers parted ways and the Tigers were able to hire him. The team I least wanted to see the Tigers play in the playoffs was the Rangers. And it isn't from a superior players standpoint. Ron Washington, continuously, outmaneuvers Leyland. As a result, the Rangers have been to us, what we have been to the Yankees.


really ron washington? the guy with the outstanding bullpen that turned to his starter out of the pen, Derek Holland, to not just cost his team the division on the last day of the regular season but also made the same mistake again to lose the AL wildcard playoff game...gimme a break. do you watch what these other managers have done down the stretch? girardi, ventura, washington all with huge gaffes. this isnt leylands first rodeo pal, he knows how his players better than you do.


And he completely out managed Leyland the previous two post seasons.


1st of all the tigers werent in the postseason in 2010 so hard to say that washington outmanaged leyland. as for last year, Washington didnt outmanage Leyland so much as he had a better bullpen with more and better arms. im sure you would ve been happy with leyland if the tigers got to the world series got within 1 strike of winning it in game 6 and then lost as washington's rangers did


October 23rd, 2012, 11:06 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7314
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I like smokey, but some of his decisions are ludicrous, as we all know. That in mind, I think he does give this team the best chance to win it all, partly because the players would jump off a bridge for the guy.

However, even if he does come back, it'll likely be on one year deals. That will only happen for so long until they move on. So the question still remains...who's the replacement? I can't imagine jimmy having more than 3 more years left here. A former player? An insider like Lamont or Belliard?


I would be OK with Lamont. But, I would love it if for some reason Ron Washington and the Texas Rangers parted ways and the Tigers were able to hire him. The team I least wanted to see the Tigers play in the playoffs was the Rangers. And it isn't from a superior players standpoint. Ron Washington, continuously, outmaneuvers Leyland. As a result, the Rangers have been to us, what we have been to the Yankees.


really ron washington? the guy with the outstanding bullpen that turned to his starter out of the pen, Derek Holland, to not just cost his team the division on the last day of the regular season but also made the same mistake again to lose the AL wildcard playoff game...gimme a break. do you watch what these other managers have done down the stretch? girardi, ventura, washington all with huge gaffes. this isnt leylands first rodeo pal, he knows how his players better than you do.


And he completely out managed Leyland the previous two post seasons.


1st of all the tigers werent in the postseason in 2010 so hard to say that washington outmanaged leyland. as for last year, Washington didnt outmanage Leyland so much as he had a better bullpen with more and better arms. im sure you would ve been happy with leyland if the tigers got to the world series got within 1 strike of winning it in game 6 and then lost as washington's rangers did


Hey Einstein, the Tigers did not have to be in the post season to play the Texas Rangers. Why are you so concerned over who I would like to see become the Tigers manager anyway. That's Dumbrowski's job. Not mine.


October 23rd, 2012, 11:44 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
Please Leyland... leave!

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


October 28th, 2012, 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9400
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
not going to happen, Leyland signed a one year extension so he (and the whole coaching staff) will be back next year.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 30th, 2012, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7314
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
I knew it would happen. But, I don't like it. Everyone says Leyland is the best manager in the game. Really???? The Best manager in the game just let Sandaval hit 3 HR's in Game 1 of the WS!!!!! Anyone that's no as retarded as the best manager in the game would have cut him off at 2 HR's. But not our Leyland. He even gave Sandaval a 4th try to whack us again. That set the tone for the entire series. Good job Leyland!!!!!!!!! You are getting paid to lose world series for us. I would have kicked your retarded butt out of town.


October 31st, 2012, 12:47 am
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
BillySims wrote:
I knew it would happen. But, I don't like it. Everyone says Leyland is the best manager in the game. Really???? The Best manager in the game just let Sandaval hit 3 HR's in Game 1 of the WS!!!!! Anyone that's no as retarded as the best manager in the game would have cut him off at 2 HR's. But not our Leyland. He even gave Sandaval a 4th try to whack us again. That set the tone for the entire series. Good job Leyland!!!!!!!!! You are getting paid to lose world series for us. I would have kicked your retarded butt out of town.


This! Good manager until we get to the playoffs, and then I think he is an awful one.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


October 31st, 2012, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3569
Location: WSU
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I like smokey, but some of his decisions are ludicrous, as we all know. That in mind, I think he does give this team the best chance to win it all, partly because the players would jump off a bridge for the guy.

However, even if he does come back, it'll likely be on one year deals. That will only happen for so long until they move on. So the question still remains...who's the replacement? I can't imagine jimmy having more than 3 more years left here. A former player? An insider like Lamont or Belliard?


I would be OK with Lamont. But, I would love it if for some reason Ron Washington and the Texas Rangers parted ways and the Tigers were able to hire him. The team I least wanted to see the Tigers play in the playoffs was the Rangers. And it isn't from a superior players standpoint. Ron Washington, continuously, outmaneuvers Leyland. As a result, the Rangers have been to us, what we have been to the Yankees.


really ron washington? the guy with the outstanding bullpen that turned to his starter out of the pen, Derek Holland, to not just cost his team the division on the last day of the regular season but also made the same mistake again to lose the AL wildcard playoff game...gimme a break. do you watch what these other managers have done down the stretch? girardi, ventura, washington all with huge gaffes. this isnt leylands first rodeo pal, he knows how his players better than you do.


And he completely out managed Leyland the previous two post seasons.


1st of all the tigers werent in the postseason in 2010 so hard to say that washington outmanaged leyland. as for last year, Washington didnt outmanage Leyland so much as he had a better bullpen with more and better arms. im sure you would ve been happy with leyland if the tigers got to the world series got within 1 strike of winning it in game 6 and then lost as washington's rangers did


Hey Einstein, the Tigers did not have to be in the post season to play the Texas Rangers. Why are you so concerned over who I would like to see become the Tigers manager anyway. That's Dumbrowski's job. Not mine.


you wrote "previous two postseasons" as bolded above, next time look at yourself in the mirror when you want to name call. anyway quite humorous to watch you get mad at your own mistakes yet again.


October 31st, 2012, 7:19 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7314
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
OH PLEASE MARLINS, HIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
MIAMI (AP) -- A person familiar with the Miami Marlins' managerial search says former Pittsburgh Pirates manager Lloyd McClendon has become at least the fourth candidate to interview for the job.

The person confirmed the discussions to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins aren't commenting on the search.

McClendon managed the Pirates from 2001-05 and went 336-446. He's currently the Detroit Tigers' hitting coach and has been with them since 2006, twice helping them reach the World Series, including this year.

Former major league manager Larry Bowa, ex-big league catcher Mike Redmond and Cincinnati Reds pitching coach Bryan Price also interviewed to replace Ozzie Guillen, who was fired after one season. Price later withdrew from consideration.


The Tigers hitters, with the exception of Cabrera and Jackson, and occasionally Fielder, the Tigers hitters were putrid all season long. It was hitting, and lack thereof, that lost the World Series. Even though our Bull pen had the potential to derail us, the SP's averted that problem for us just to be sabotaged by the hitters.


October 31st, 2012, 7:24 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7314
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
The Legend wrote:
you wrote "previous two postseasons" as bolded above, next time look at yourself in the mirror when you want to name call. anyway quite humorous to watch you get mad at your own mistakes yet again.


So I inadvertently placed the word "post" in there. I didn't intend to. I'm sorry I called you Einstein. I guess calling someone a genius is now a cut down.


October 31st, 2012, 7:30 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2184
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
again. Phuck Jim Leyland

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 14th, 2013, 12:52 am
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 774
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
Killwill25 wrote:
again. Phuck Jim Leyland


Because Leyland was the guy who couldn't get anyone out in the 8th. You're right, if only Leyland executed his pitches.


October 14th, 2013, 9:38 am
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3569
Location: WSU
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
aManNamedSuh wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
again. Phuck Jim Leyland


Because Leyland was the guy who couldn't get anyone out in the 8th. You're right, if only Leyland executed his pitches.


anytime the tigers lose its bc of leyland anytime they win its bc of great players and ilitch.


October 14th, 2013, 5:34 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
BillySims wrote:
OH PLEASE MARLINS, HIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
MIAMI (AP) -- A person familiar with the Miami Marlins' managerial search says former Pittsburgh Pirates manager Lloyd McClendon has become at least the fourth candidate to interview for the job.

The person confirmed the discussions to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins aren't commenting on the search.

McClendon managed the Pirates from 2001-05 and went 336-446. He's currently the Detroit Tigers' hitting coach and has been with them since 2006, twice helping them reach the World Series, including this year.

Former major league manager Larry Bowa, ex-big league catcher Mike Redmond and Cincinnati Reds pitching coach Bryan Price also interviewed to replace Ozzie Guillen, who was fired after one season. Price later withdrew from consideration.


The Tigers hitters, with the exception of Cabrera and Jackson, and occasionally Fielder, the Tigers hitters were putrid all season long. It was hitting, and lack thereof, that lost the World Series. Even though our Bull pen had the potential to derail us, the SP's averted that problem for us just to be sabotaged by the hitters.


Miggy = career year
Hunter = career year
Infante = career year
Peralta = career year
Vmart = hit like .360 after the break when he finally got up to speed after missing a year

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 14th, 2013, 7:56 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7314
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
conversion02 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
OH PLEASE MARLINS, HIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
MIAMI (AP) -- A person familiar with the Miami Marlins' managerial search says former Pittsburgh Pirates manager Lloyd McClendon has become at least the fourth candidate to interview for the job.

The person confirmed the discussions to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins aren't commenting on the search.

McClendon managed the Pirates from 2001-05 and went 336-446. He's currently the Detroit Tigers' hitting coach and has been with them since 2006, twice helping them reach the World Series, including this year.

Former major league manager Larry Bowa, ex-big league catcher Mike Redmond and Cincinnati Reds pitching coach Bryan Price also interviewed to replace Ozzie Guillen, who was fired after one season. Price later withdrew from consideration.


The Tigers hitters, with the exception of Cabrera and Jackson, and occasionally Fielder, the Tigers hitters were putrid all season long. It was hitting, and lack thereof, that lost the World Series. Even though our Bull pen had the potential to derail us, the SP's averted that problem for us just to be sabotaged by the hitters.


Miggy = career year
Hunter = career year
Infante = career year
Peralta = career year
Vmart = hit like .360 after the break when he finally got up to speed after missing a year


Do you always wait a year to reply?


October 15th, 2013, 6:50 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The Official Leyland Must Go Thread
Sure, why not? I tend to avoid reading most of your posts on the tigers anyway. Same old crap every year, leyland sucks, fire leyland, wah wah. Yeah, it's his managing that gives up homers, blows saves, can't get a F'ing hit...must be his fault.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 15th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.