View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 12:06 am



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9378
Location: Dallas
Post NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
NFCN = Bears 7-1
NFCE = Giants 6-3
NFCS = Falcons 7-0
NFCW = 49ers 6-2

Packers 6-3 (Lions play 2 more times
Vikings 5-4 (Lions play this weekend)
Seahawks 5-4 (Lions own tiebreaker)
Lions 4-4
Bucs 4-4

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 5th, 2012, 11:31 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Maryland
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
I still don't believe we will make it. Now it's likely we'll have an 8-8 finish. If we had beaten 1 of either the Bears, Vikings or Titans, all games we could have and should have won, I'd feel much better about our chances.


November 5th, 2012, 11:54 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9378
Location: Dallas
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
Assuming the divisions hold, you have to assume the Packers make it leaving one more spot. If the Lions beat the Vikings this weekend, that would really help them against the
Vikes down the stretch.

The team that concerns me is the Seahawks, there schedule is pretty light with the Jets, Fins, Cards, Bills, and Rams all still left to play.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 5th, 2012, 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Maryland
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
Seattle is a threat but at least we have the tie breaker over them. I'm also worried about a team from the East rising above the Giants and the Giants being wild cards, or a South team sneaking in.


November 5th, 2012, 12:17 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
it's so hard to say how we will do this season. Starting out on a 1-3 slide then bouncing back with a 3-1. I can only think of 3 games off the top of my head that DIDN't go into OT.

Based off of everything else we have seen this season, the only thing I will venture a guess on is, we won't find out if we made the playoffs untill the very last second. The Cardiac Cats are going to bring this right down to the wire this year I think.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


November 5th, 2012, 12:44 pm
Profile
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I still don't believe we will make it. Now it's likely we'll have an 8-8 finish. If we had beaten 1 of either the Bears, Vikings or Titans, all games we could have and should have won, I'd feel much better about our chances.


I don't see how anyone can say this team "should" have won any of those games. Further, we barely beat St. Louis, a game we probably "should have" lost. They kicked our rectum all game, and we had some last minute heroics to come out with a W.


November 5th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2168
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I still don't believe we will make it. Now it's likely we'll have an 8-8 finish. If we had beaten 1 of either the Bears, Vikings or Titans, all games we could have and should have won, I'd feel much better about our chances.


I don't see how anyone can say this team "should" have won any of those games. Further, we barely beat St. Louis, a game we probably "should have" lost. They kicked our rectum all game, and we had some last minute heroics to come out with a W.

correction, we kicked their rectums all game. Other than 3 poor throws by Stafford, the Rams did pretty much nothing in that game. We took their best weapon completely out of the game and did whatever we wanted offensively. Stafford just made 3 poor reads. If we lost that game, the general consensus would be "we lost a game that we dominated both sides of the ball." The game winning drive looked like most of our drives throughout the game.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


November 5th, 2012, 5:07 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner

Joined: December 8th, 2008, 3:16 pm
Posts: 785
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
Killwill25 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I still don't believe we will make it. Now it's likely we'll have an 8-8 finish. If we had beaten 1 of either the Bears, Vikings or Titans, all games we could have and should have won, I'd feel much better about our chances.


I don't see how anyone can say this team "should" have won any of those games. Further, we barely beat St. Louis, a game we probably "should have" lost. They kicked our rectum all game, and we had some last minute heroics to come out with a W.

correction, we kicked their rectums all game. Other than 3 poor throws by Stafford, the Rams did pretty much nothing in that game. We took their best weapon completely out of the game and did whatever we wanted offensively. Stafford just made 3 poor reads. If we lost that game, the general consensus would be "we lost a game that we dominated both sides of the ball." The game winning drive looked like most of our drives throughout the game.


Not sure what game he was watching. We out gained them by 200 yards and if only Stafford didn't throw 3 picks it'd of been probably a 44-10 game or even worse.


November 5th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2627
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
I'll stick with my 8-8 prediction and finishing out the playoffs.

The Lions remaining schedule is too tough. Falcons, Texans, Pack twice, even the bears. The Lions will, at bare minimum have to win 5 more games. So, of the games I just listed, they will have to win at least two, assuming they beat the other three teams. Even then, 9-7 might not be good enough.

The slow start really crushed their chances at the playoffs IMO. This offseason they need to review their special teams, offensive line and general offensive game plan if they expect to compete for the NFCN in 2013.


November 6th, 2012, 1:07 am
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Maryland
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/ ... s-look-set


November 6th, 2012, 2:05 am
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
Lions make the playoffs on either the 2nd to last week or the last week.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


November 6th, 2012, 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2249
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
Yes, the schedule is tough, but at least we have an inordinate amount of games at home. Plus, the Falcons and Bears could have everything sewn up in the last two weeks.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 6th, 2012, 12:48 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: NFC Playoff Picture at the halfway piont
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Yes, the schedule is tough, but at least we have an inordinate amount of games at home. Plus, the Falcons and Bears could have everything sewn up in the last two weeks.


So did the Packers last season, and facing a backup QB, we made him a millionaire backup in another town.

The Lions will struggle to stay at .500. Green Bay twice, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Indianapolis......those are all either pure losses or tough, tough games. The Colts are a much improved team, and capable of beating the Lions. Arizona should be a win. Minnesota this coming weekend should be a win, especially if Percy Harvin isn't playing. But that's only two wins. Getting two more out of those other teams is going to be a real challenge.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 6th, 2012, 9:54 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.