View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 7:04 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II
Lions try to pull ahead of the Viqueens in the NFC North.

Post all your thoughts pre, during and post game in this thread.

Also join other fans in the Lionbacker Chatroom during the game. http://www.lionbacker.com/chat

GO LIONS!

November 11th, 2012, 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II
I think it goes without saying, but this is a make or break game for us.

November 11th, 2012, 1:31 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

With Percy out I like out i like our chances. To me the Key to this game are obviously keeping AP in check. Locking out the TE's and making sure we keep the pass interference calls on Simpson to a minimum and I think we should walk away with big smiles.

November 11th, 2012, 1:47 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Hystrix wrote:
I think it goes without saying, but this is a make or break game for us.

I think from here on out....most games are huge. Being 4-4 at the half way point doesn't give a team much room for error. Win this one and next week GB huge

Frok

November 11th, 2012, 2:02 pm
RIP Killer

This game is looking hideous from the start. Staff looks rough. Poor throw behind pett on the pick and another poor one to bell causing the punt. Hes not locking onto CJ but they're not sending him deep. However, he has made some nice throws to Titus. Infortunately, the minny DEs are collapsing the outside of the pocket so quickly the passes have to come out quick

Harris should be cut at halftime he's so bad. His last punt was like 30 yards. Absolutely awful.

Now, Coleman is hurt so don Carey is in at S...ugh...

Fairley looking like a beast today. Suh is getting doubled and chopped on every play, can't blame his lack of production in that case, but he is holding his own in run support.

How does leshoure lose his footing in every single game? He's changed cleats multiple times.

November 11th, 2012, 2:34 pm
RIP Killer

Actually, watching the play again, it looks like pett overran the route (due to tight coverage) causing an actually well thrown ball to be picked by greenway who had excellent coverage.

November 11th, 2012, 2:40 pm
RIP Killer

Anyone else see CJ shaking and looking at his left hand on the sidelines? There must be a problem. He can say he was wrong all he wants, but I think this is an issue that has been overlooked or waived off by the lions team doctors.

November 11th, 2012, 2:48 pm
Heisman Winner

defense carrying us again, this should not be happening. Peterson has gapped us a few times but imo stopping him for 15 yard runs is pretty good. He's been going off on long runs all year long. If we keep him under 15 and out of the end zone it's a win.

November 11th, 2012, 3:12 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Man why do we always play like sh** against the Vikings?

November 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Heisman Winner

Stafford been bailing out all season this year.

Last year he made quick decisions and got rid of ball, this year if the first guy isnt open he just bails out of the pocket and slips and falls and overall just risks a stupid injury.

November 11th, 2012, 3:20 pm
RIP Killer

Apparently...

Minnesota's DBs >> lions WRs

How are they getting this many coverage sacks and pressures? Where's bell, scheff, broyles, and pett? They're the safety valves and they're rarely open

November 11th, 2012, 3:21 pm
Heisman Winner

conversion02 wrote:
Apparently...

Minnesota's DBs >> lions WRs

How are they getting this many coverage sacks and pressures? Where's bell, scheff, broyles, and pett? They're the safety valves and they're rarely open

There has been 2-3 times where WR have ran into each other on the outside. Spread the field , don't have everyone running there routes together.

November 11th, 2012, 3:23 pm
RIP Killer

Their DBs have been jamming the WRs at the line causing a lot of that. Good game planning by the queens DC

Also, wtf was that garbage effort to end the half? 48 seconds with a timeout to get into FG range and bell looks lost trying NOT to get OOB and then staff goes to him again for a short gain and they trot off the field with 14 seconds left. Pathetic, pathetic display after getting outplayed. A chance to make it a 7 point game and they show zero life, Schwartz needs to address this attitude at halftime, even if it means benching people.

November 11th, 2012, 3:27 pm
Heisman Winner

i dont understand why they wont take deep shots in some situations esp on 3rd downs, because a 50 yard pass intercepted is better than a 40 yard punt IMO

November 11th, 2012, 3:42 pm
RIP Killer

Can't get enough time in the pocket to have WRs (who are getting jammed like crazy at the line) to throw a ball that deep. The hillbilly and Robinson are collapsing the edges quickly.

Linehan apparently can't figure out how to offset the WR jams...

November 11th, 2012, 3:46 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next