View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 4:43 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II 
RIP Killer

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II
It's hard to be disruptive when you're being tackled by OL on every play. Suh is doubled on every play, being chop blocked by one and hit high by another. Show me one DT that can be disruptive when being doubled and someone is taking out your knees on every play. It started last year and has continued.

November 11th, 2012, 5:29 pm
RIP Killer

It was amazing watching the CBs play 10 yards off WRs knowing Ponder was going short, and he shredded the D with short garbage. The safeties were awful, but the CBs gave Ponder what he wanted 7-8 yard passes. The amazing thing is that Minny CBs were destroying our WRs at the line in the first half and Gunther didn't even think to employ that strategy to force them to run AP consistently, when they were bottling him up extremely well.

FYI - 28 dropped passes now leads the league. Sorry Matt, this team might actually be 6-3 instead of 4-5 if those drops were halved.

November 11th, 2012, 5:49 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Really needed this one to make a run at the playoffs. Tough to imagine a path to 9-7 with the remaining schedule.

November 11th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Stadium Announcer

Whoever said Andrew luck is outplaying Stafford.... Stop it. Also I wouldnt mind coaching changes by the end of the year, they have so sense of how to adjust now that our base schematics have been exploited.

November 11th, 2012, 8:18 pm
RIP Killer

If you've watched any colts games, you'd see that cut looks damn good. He's putting up good numbers but he has excellent pocket presence, excellent rapport with his WRs and looks extremely comfortable with the offense. Stafford looks like he has little rapport with the WRs and stares down guys far too often.

Don't like it all you want, but the film doesn't lie. Luck is leading a rag tag bunch of bums, outside of a few, and making them a playoff contender. The lions were supposed to be a top 5 offense and the offense is what's lost them numerous games...and it all starts with stafford. This team needs a leader and it sorely lacks one. This team needs a Ray Lewis,

November 11th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

i hate watching us struggle against a team i know we are better than. is coach doing his job getting these guys ready to play? i dont know. Harvin is out, there is only one guy left to worry about....we give up 170yds plus to the guy.

we are nothing more than an average team who beats the teams we should beat sometimes.

November 11th, 2012, 8:50 pm
Stadium Announcer

From what I've seen he's accurate but has a noodle arm, he has Reggie Wayne whose leading the league in yards, and a playoff contender in the AFC is much different than in the NFC. The only game luck has truly impressed me was against the packers. I also think that the drops are killing staffs numbers, who is still on pace for almost 5000 yards and well above 60% completion rate. Today he was 28/42, 300+ yards and 3 tds. I am a little sick of the criticism he's getting. He's not playing as well as last year but he is by no means having a poor one, the team as a whole however is a different story

November 11th, 2012, 8:53 pm

conversion02 wrote:
If you've watched any colts games, you'd see that cut looks damn good. He's putting up good numbers but he has excellent pocket presence, excellent rapport with his WRs and looks extremely comfortable with the offense. Stafford looks like he has little rapport with the WRs and stares down guys far too often.

Don't like it all you want, but the film doesn't lie. Luck is leading a rag tag bunch of bums, outside of a few, and making them a playoff contender. The lions were supposed to be a top 5 offense and the offense is what's lost them numerous games...and it all starts with stafford. This team needs a leader and it sorely lacks one. This team needs a Ray Lewis,

luck is winning games.... that is the only thing he's doing better than stafford

November 11th, 2012, 8:54 pm
RIP Killer

You can't argue that stafford is simply bad in the first quarter, the first half really. He looks gunshy, scared of throwing into coverage and throwing the ball deep. Sure, he comes alive in the second half with regularity, but when will the guy play 60 minutes of football? I don't care about his yards or completion %, continually starting off games as poor as he has, especially with turnovers, is what is coming this team. Did you see his reaction in the last minute of the first half? He mumbled "get out of bounds" when bell tried to get an extra 3 yards on a pass. Does a leader mumble or does a leader yell at everyone to get up to the line, look for receiver deep and try to bring the game within 1 possession? Stafford looks like he has no fire in the first half and that was a prime example.

Look, I have always liked stafford and can't believe we have a QB that had one of the top 10 seasons n the history of the league last year, but he needs to it together a full game and someone needs to light a fire undr his rectum. He's always been a slow starter, not just in the first half of the season, but the first half of games. What I'm really questioning is his leadership. It's lacking, from him and everyone else on the team. They need that outspoken leader. What stafford and CJ should be doing.

November 11th, 2012, 10:12 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Stafford is the least of the Lions problems.

The Lions fundamentally lack talent in the secondary, they can't run between the tackles and their offensive game plans are terrible. Fix all of these things before you look at Stafford.

November 11th, 2012, 11:46 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
Stafford is the least of the Lions problems.

The Lions fundamentally lack talent in the secondary, they can't run between the tackles and their offensive game plans are terrible. Fix all of these things before you look at Stafford.

It wasn't a lack of talent that gave ponder 7-9 yards passes every time. It was poor game planning. Even when we had Keith smith, who was an excellent press man corner, they played him in zone. The coaching of this team has been awful for over a decade. Through multiple regimes.

It wasn't a lack of secondary talent that stopped the offense from doing, something, anything. It want the run game that fumbled the ball or threw a pick. They had a worse run game last year and actually scored more points and won more games.

It's hard to win games when you're giving the ball up and your defense shows no nose for the ball and doesn't get takeaways. That's a coaching issue. Look at love in Chicago. That team wasn't a fumble forcing powerhouse before he got there. I wish we had some idea of what the hell type of team was being built, because it doesn't look like a real winner.

November 12th, 2012, 12:22 am
Pro Bowl Player

Quote:
It wasn't a lack of talent that gave ponder 7-9 yards passes every time. It was poor game planning. Even when we had Keith smith, who was an excellent press man corner, they played him in zone. The coaching of this team has been awful for over a decade. Through multiple regimes.

It wasn't a lack of secondary talent that stopped the offense from doing, something, anything. It want the run game that fumbled the ball or threw a pick. They had a worse run game last year and actually scored more points and won more games.

It's hard to win games when you're giving the ball up and your defense shows no nose for the ball and doesn't get takeaways. That's a coaching issue. Look at love in Chicago. That team wasn't a fumble forcing powerhouse before he got there. I wish we had some idea of what the hell type of team was being built, because it doesn't look like a real winner.

I'm not going to defend the defensive gameplan, but the Lion's D woes are centered around a lack of talent. They were blowing tackles left and right. Their two starting safeties were out -- one of which isn't even good. Most of the players on the D wouldn't start for the majority of other teams in the league.

As for the offense, they scored 24 points. That's an OK day. Given their talent level, expectations should be for 30+, but 24 isn't an awful showing. You have to understand that most of the Lion's success last year was dumb luck. They were a .500 team that managed a few lucky comebacks and over achieved. They are still a .500 team, but they haven't been nearly as lucky. Mayhew needs to keep adding talent, Stafford needs to keep improving (he will, he's only 24 -- very young for a QB). They'll get there, but it will take some time. Look how many years it took to turn the Texans from an expansion team to a SB contender.

November 12th, 2012, 12:33 am
RIP Killer

It's a apparent disconnection between mayhew and Schwartz IMO. Mayhew is assembling a team that can put a ton of points on the board, a pass happy offense. Schwartz obviously wants a run first offense. The personnel doesn't fit what Schwartz/linehan want on offense and Gunther is just damn loony on defense. The wide 9 with the DTs we have and playing 10 yards off WRs is obvious to everyone. A high school team can game plan for this defense, the scheme and game planning is horrid.

Yes, the safeties looked horrible and jonte green looked like he was playing flag football, but it seemed more so that it was the scheme. The tackling wasn't as bad as you say until late in the third quarter when the offense kept going 3 and out. They were tired and looked it.

November 12th, 2012, 12:41 am
Pro Bowl Player

Mayhew and Schwartz have been together since day 1. I guess it is possible that they aren't on the same page, but I would find that strange and concerning.

November 12th, 2012, 1:29 am

Blueskies wrote:
Mayhew and Schwartz have been together since day 1. I guess it is possible that they aren't on the same page, but I would find that strange and concerning.

But our record is strange and concerning

November 12th, 2012, 3:50 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next