View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 4:36 pm



Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Who will you vote for? 

Who will you vote for?
Barack Obama 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Mitt Romney 53%  53%  [ 10 ]
Some dipshit who has zero chance of winning 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
Undecided 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19

 Who will you vote for? 
Author Message
Walk On

Joined: September 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Posts: 403
Post Re: Who will you vote for?
slybri19 wrote:
Of course there's a recession coming.

Truer words have never been spoken. You can't increase taxes and regulation upon business and not expect one. Common sense is common sense. Unfortunately, Obama voters don't live in the real world though. As a result, I WILL LAUGH AND REJOICE IN THEIR SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPIDITY. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


No - the recession will not come because of regulation upon business. If it comes it will come artificially/on purpose - because of arbitrary Fiscal Cliff law put in place by an obstructionist Republican Congress, when the Obama Admin and the Fed needed to fight the recession by getting the debt ceiling raised. But I actually shouldn't have been so certain in my statement - I really don't worry about it too much (recession re-appearing) now, because like I said it won't come if they compromise and avoid the arbitrary "Cliff". And I believe they will.

I am 100% completely certain recession would have come under Romney/Ryan. Their proposed austerity would have crushed the economy. I find it odd that an austerian would be talking about his subject, because in a weak economy austerity automatically = causing a recesssion.


November 12th, 2012, 5:24 pm
Profile
Walk On

Joined: September 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Posts: 403
Post Re: Who will you vote for?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The bottom line is we literally CAN'T punish the wealthy MORE (they already pay 85% of the tab, mind you!) and come out on top. We would already BENEFIT, MORE by lowering tax rates and bringing more of that money home.

Obama and the Democrats don't get it, and it's costing us hundreds of billions in lost revenue, and tens of thousands of jobs.


This is a meme that just isn't true. They don't pay 85% of the tab ... Federal income tax only accounts for about 1/3 of revenue... the rest coming from corporate, payroll and other taxes.

When conservatives like Bill Kristol come clean on the issue, it is time to give up that argument.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... r=Business


November 12th, 2012, 5:28 pm
Profile
Post Re: Who will you vote for?
I.E. wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The bottom line is we literally CAN'T punish the wealthy MORE (they already pay 85% of the tab, mind you!) and come out on top. We would already BENEFIT, MORE by lowering tax rates and bringing more of that money home.

Obama and the Democrats don't get it, and it's costing us hundreds of billions in lost revenue, and tens of thousands of jobs.


This is a meme that just isn't true. They don't pay 85% of the tab ... Federal income tax only accounts for about 1/3 of revenue... the rest coming from corporate, payroll and other taxes.

When conservatives like Bill Kristol come clean on the issue, it is time to give up that argument.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... r=Business


Corporate, payroll, and "other" taxes are paid by the top 10%.


November 12th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Walk On

Joined: September 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Posts: 403
Post Re: Who will you vote for?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I.E. wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The bottom line is we literally CAN'T punish the wealthy MORE (they already pay 85% of the tab, mind you!) and come out on top. We would already BENEFIT, MORE by lowering tax rates and bringing more of that money home.

Obama and the Democrats don't get it, and it's costing us hundreds of billions in lost revenue, and tens of thousands of jobs.


This is a meme that just isn't true. They don't pay 85% of the tab ... Federal income tax only accounts for about 1/3 of revenue... the rest coming from corporate, payroll and other taxes.

When conservatives like Bill Kristol come clean on the issue, it is time to give up that argument.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... r=Business


Corporate, payroll, and "other" taxes are paid by the top 10%.


Not corporate - those are separate. And not nearly as much or equally, on payroll taxes (which is roughly equal to all fed income taxes) ... because it is regressive (capped).


November 12th, 2012, 6:43 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Who will you vote for?
I.E. wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Of course there's a recession coming.

Truer words have never been spoken. You can't increase taxes and regulation upon business and not expect one. Common sense is common sense. Unfortunately, Obama voters don't live in the real world though. As a result, I WILL LAUGH AND REJOICE IN THEIR SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPIDITY. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


No - the recession will not come because of regulation upon business. If it comes it will come artificially/on purpose - because of arbitrary Fiscal Cliff law put in place by an obstructionist Republican Congress, when the Obama Admin and the Fed needed to fight the recession by getting the debt ceiling raised. But I actually shouldn't have been so certain in my statement - I really don't worry about it too much (recession re-appearing) now, because like I said it won't come if they compromise and avoid the arbitrary "Cliff". And I believe they will.

I am 100% completely certain recession would have come under Romney/Ryan. Their proposed austerity would have crushed the economy. I find it odd that an austerian would be talking about his subject, because in a weak economy austerity automatically = causing a recesssion.


You actually believe the crap spewing out of MSNBC? I used to respect you, but now I laugh at you. A joke is a joke and you have proven to be one. :roll:

_________________
Image


November 12th, 2012, 8:26 pm
Profile
Walk On

Joined: September 11th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Posts: 403
Post Re: Who will you vote for?
slybri19 wrote:
I.E. wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Of course there's a recession coming.

Truer words have never been spoken. You can't increase taxes and regulation upon business and not expect one. Common sense is common sense. Unfortunately, Obama voters don't live in the real world though. As a result, I WILL LAUGH AND REJOICE IN THEIR SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPIDITY. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


No - the recession will not come because of regulation upon business. If it comes it will come artificially/on purpose - because of arbitrary Fiscal Cliff law put in place by an obstructionist Republican Congress, when the Obama Admin and the Fed needed to fight the recession by getting the debt ceiling raised. But I actually shouldn't have been so certain in my statement - I really don't worry about it too much (recession re-appearing) now, because like I said it won't come if they compromise and avoid the arbitrary "Cliff". And I believe they will.

I am 100% completely certain recession would have come under Romney/Ryan. Their proposed austerity would have crushed the economy. I find it odd that an austerian would be talking about his subject, because in a weak economy austerity automatically = causing a recesssion.


You actually believe the crap spewing out of MSNBC? I used to respect you, but now I laugh at you. A joke is a joke and you have proven to be one. :roll:


LOL ... I don't watch MSNBC, but regardless I'll just let you argue with the CBO.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43694

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43539

Or... Bill McBride at Calculatedrisk.com ... one of the most respected (and completely apolitical) financial bloggers out there.

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2012/ ... ement.html


November 12th, 2012, 8:44 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DayDreamer and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.