View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:40 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II 
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II
If you're running a no huddle and you go three and out, it doesn't have the same effect. It's execution and play calling that is killing us in the first Q. Linehan is junk.

November 13th, 2012, 4:09 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
If you're running a no huddle and you go three and out, it doesn't have the same effect. It's execution and play calling that is killing us in the first Q. Linehan is junk.

I'm not doubting that WJB, but how are you going to fix execution with half the season gone. Answer, you are not. As for play calling, I think a no huddle will change some of the play calling as result.

Look, something has to change - I just threw out one thing I would try. I'm not claiming that is the answer.

November 13th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I'm not doubting that WJB, but how are you going to fix execution with half the season gone. Answer, you are not. As for play calling, I think a no huddle will change some of the play calling as result.

Look, something has to change - I just threw out one thing I would try. I'm not claiming that is the answer.

My problem with play calling is that we get fixated on ONE GUY for way too long. We don't spread the ball around. It'll be CJ for a drive, then he disappears in the play calling. Then it's Titus for a drive, then he disappears, then it's Pett for a drive, then you don't hear from him all game. It's Sheff randomly, then you don't hear from him all game. It's Kevin Smith for a bit, then it's Leshoure for the rest of the game, except for 3rd downs when Bell gets the ball. It's a phuckin' mess.

I don't think the "no huddle" will cure that. I wish Linehan would get canned A.S.A.P. As to who to replace him with? I don't care who. Use the same damn playbook, like you said, the season is 1/2 over, just call the damn plays differently.

November 13th, 2012, 4:14 pm
QB Coach

I'm sorry but for all of Pettigrews benefits as a receiver, he has cost us a couple of games with his lack of catching. Is there a reason why Heller isn't playing?

Has Pettigrew been taking in season training from Rod Marinelli and having bricks thrown at him, so that his hands hurt? If there were anyone that needed to own stock in STICK UM, it was this knucklehead.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 13th, 2012, 4:43 pm
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm sorry but for all of Pettigrews benefits as a receiver, he has cost us a couple of games with his lack of catching. Is there a reason why Heller isn't playing?

Has Pettigrew been taking in season training from Rod Marinelli and having bricks thrown at him, so that his hands hurt? If there were anyone that needed to own stock in STICK UM, it was this knucklehead.

What do you mean? He is THE best TE in the game. (sarcasm) Just ask everyone on here last year when I said he sucks and has no heart, and they posted stat after stat that PROVED his GREATNESS. :roll:

What a joke.

November 13th, 2012, 4:46 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

he has potential, but he is not meeting it, and I think it has costed him some playing time this season.

This kid needs to have a catching camp this offseason!

November 13th, 2012, 4:51 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
he has potential, but he is not meeting it, and I think it has costed him some playing time this season.

He needs better focus. There is absolutely zero accountability on this team. Last year I talked of Schwartz and his lack of discipline on his team, and people told me I was nuts. This year it has gotten worse. Last week with a minute left both CJ and Titus were seen on the sidelines laughing in what was to be a loss.

People stated last year when I said cut Nate due to his drops and drop off in performance, that it would "cost us free agents," (which is a load of crap) but what about accountability? Wouldn't it have sent a message to either perform or pound sand? I think it would have.

November 14th, 2012, 3:12 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

He needs better focus. There is absolutely zero accountability on this team. Last year I talked of Schwartz and his lack of discipline on his team, and people told me I was nuts. This year it has gotten worse. Last week with a minute left both CJ and Titus were seen on the sidelines laughing in what was to be a loss.

People stated last year when I said cut Nate due to his drops and drop off in performance, that it would "cost us free agents," (which is a load of crap) but what about accountability? Wouldn't it have sent a message to either perform or pound sand? I think it would have.

Man you never quit do you? Nate had a very solid season last year.

November 14th, 2012, 3:36 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Nate had a GARBAGE season last year. Do you know why? Because he COULDN'T DO HIS JOB. Nate's JOB is to help take pressure off of CJ to open up the offense and make it would. Nate is INCAPABLE of doing that job, period. This offense is BETTER OFF without him.

November 14th, 2012, 3:40 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Nate had a GARBAGE season last year. Do you know why? Because he COULDN'T DO HIS JOB. Nate's JOB is to help take pressure off of CJ to open up the offense and make it would. Nate is INCAPABLE of doing that job, period. This offense is BETTER OFF without him.

Not sure how any offense is better off with 73 less catches/year, but if that's what your gut tells you, by all means go with it.

November 14th, 2012, 3:53 pm
RIP Killer

...and by all accounts CJ was an All-Pro who led the league in pretty much everything for a WR. Seems like job complete!

November 14th, 2012, 5:25 pm
conversion02 wrote:
...and by all accounts CJ was an All-Pro who led the league in pretty much everything for a WR. Seems like job complete!

Job complete by CJ, Nate did nothing to help him out. He was regularly double teamed, and Nate did nothing to take that pressure off of him, period. Job failed!

November 14th, 2012, 6:16 pm
RIP Killer

Sure, whatever you say. Nate had one of the better seasons for any #2 WR in the league, especially one that has the best in the game on the other side of the field and a TE who stafford seemed to look for on every play. If they didn't have pett, Nate would have had a hell of a lot more balls.

November 14th, 2012, 6:36 pm
Modmin Dude

This thread veered off topic a while ago. Locking it up.

November 14th, 2012, 11:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5