View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 12:35 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Burleson Breaks Leg 
Post Re: Burleson Breaks Leg
regularjoe12 wrote:
i just dont hget it...You hate on CJ for playing the first 4 games poorly, but Titus has 1 good game and he's good?

Pett sucks cuz her can't catch the dang ball, but titus gets a pass? I know you too well to asssume you've forgotten about the rediculously easy TD and 1st down drops he has.

You pan on the guys for not being consistant, haze the coaches due to lack of discapline, yet STILL praise Titus.

please explain. I dont understand. He's inconsistant, undiscaplined, and showed little to no growth this year. (notice how im not praising Nate...as I tend to agree. but PLEASE explain to me the Titus love.)

Where do I "praise" Titus? I simply say that he's a better #2 than Nate, whom I think should have been cut last off-season. Where is the "praise" in that?

November 14th, 2012, 5:34 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
i just dont hget it...You hate on CJ for playing the first 4 games poorly, but Titus has 1 good game and he's good?

Pett sucks cuz her can't catch the dang ball, but titus gets a pass? I know you too well to asssume you've forgotten about the rediculously easy TD and 1st down drops he has.

You pan on the guys for not being consistant, haze the coaches due to lack of discapline, yet STILL praise Titus.

please explain. I dont understand. He's inconsistant, undiscaplined, and showed little to no growth this year. (notice how im not praising Nate...as I tend to agree. but PLEASE explain to me the Titus love.)

Where do I "praise" Titus? I simply say that he's a better #2 than Nate, whom I think should have been cut last off-season. Where is the "praise" in that?

saying he deserves to start is more praise than he deserves at this point IMO.

dude was exciting last year...but nothing but frustrating this year

November 14th, 2012, 5:44 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Like you said, shinest turd of the bunch...

You don't have to be great to be able to start over Nate, an aging possession 5'9" WR, with zero speed left that P.I.'s left and right to get open.

November 14th, 2012, 6:13 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

You don't have to be great to be able to start over Nate, an aging possession 5'9" WR, with zero speed left that P.I.'s left and right to get open.

How bout we agree on this: the #2 WR spot is ready for improvment!

on a side note, as disapointed as i was with the Broyles pick, he at least looks like he may be able to step up and be a solid possesion reciever, which is perfect for #2. That would mean Titus being the deep threat playing at the #3. I may not like him much but If he's going to get a shot I'd rather it be at #3 where we wouldn't be dependant on him. I want to depend on him about as much as I want to depend on Pett.

November 14th, 2012, 6:19 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

How bout we agree on this: the #2 WR spot is ready for improvment!

on a side note, as disapointed as i was with the Broyles pick, he at least looks like he may be able to step up and be a solid possesion reciever, which is perfect for #2. That would mean Titus being the deep threat playing at the #3. I may not like him much but If he's going to get a shot I'd rather it be at #3 where we wouldn't be dependant on him. I want to depend on him about as much as I want to depend on Pett.

Most of the deeper routes go to the #2 WR. It's kind of silly to send the #1 deep up the side and the #3 Deep up the middle, when both can be bracketed by 1 safety.

Broyles being a good possession guy, and having the ability to get open with his route running, not necessarily his speed, would make him the idea #3, and Titus still our better candidate at the #2 spot.

I would have loved to have landed Manningham or gave Moss a shot at being our #2, but apparently we're adverse to quality free agents.

November 14th, 2012, 6:21 pm

maybe manningham...maybe. Personally I think Eli made him look bettter than he is (and I'm a Eli HATER!!!)

But Moss Im glad we passed on. he's done NOTHING in SF. he's done.

November 14th, 2012, 6:31 pm
Varsity Captain

regularjoe12 wrote:

Hey now. I don't think he's done at all. You're right that he's done nothing in SF (almost, anyway), but that's because he's hardly on the field, and rarely thrown the ball. He has, however, stretched the field so much with double coverage that Crabtree and Manningham get wide open underneath. That alone is an asset we didn't have before. Glorified decoy, but still needed. I think you'll see the 49ers open that up towards the end of the season & playoffs. All for minimum salary.

By the way, I read these forums daily... but it's been so damn depressing, I find it hard to post anymore. I feel like I'm gonna get yelled at out of frustration.

November 14th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Hall of Fame Player

49ers wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Hey now. I don't think he's done at all. You're right that he's done nothing in SF (almost, anyway), but that's because he's hardly on the field, and rarely thrown the ball. He has, however, stretched the field so much with double coverage that Crabtree and Manningham get wide open underneath. That alone is an asset we didn't have before. Glorified decoy, but still needed. I think you'll see the 49ers open that up towards the end of the season & playoffs. All for minimum salary.

By the way, I read these forums daily... but it's been so damn depressing, I find it hard to post anymore. I feel like I'm gonna get yelled at out of frustration.

When you first started posting here, I thought you were only sticking around to rub it in for last years loss to the 49ers. But, you have proved to be a legitimate poster here.

edited to add: That doesn't mean I agree with you very often. LOL.

November 14th, 2012, 7:27 pm

49ers wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Well this is the Internet, the one place where leaving rationalization behind to be replaced with emotional outbursts is law!

A lot of guys here are just disappointed with how thing are going this year. The team finally crawls out of the cellar and gives us something to be excited for, then literally does nothing for 3 out of 4 quarters each game. We got our hopes up higher than we should of, it's as simple as that.

To put it in perspective, imagine what your board would look like if, for no reason whatsoever, your defense played like a bottom 10 team for 3 quarters of the game...without having a valid reason or a key to focus on the underperformance we're lashing outta anything that disapoints us.

To be honest, I'm glad to see the guys griping. It means they still have hope. There have been years where the only thing to look for on this board was the off topic stuff by this time of year. Everyone was sick of the losing and would jump ship. Most of these guys are the die hards....they've endured enough to have the right to complain.

EDIT: about moss....him Not seeing the field is just further evidence of him being done IMO. He's a glorified distraction...an on the field red herring. His name grants him more respect on the field than his play dictates. Him being useful to you guys is more a credit to Harbaugh and yer OC, than anything he is doing. ( did I just give credit it Harbaugh????? Dammit! I blaim it on the sig!

November 14th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Varsity 1st Team

regularjoe12 wrote:
49ers wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Well this is the Internet, the one place where leaving rationalization behind to be replaced with emotional outbursts is law!

A lot of guys here are just disappointed with how thing are going this year. The team finally crawls out of the cellar and gives us something to be excited for, then literally does nothing for 3 out of 4 quarters each game. We got our hopes up higher than we should of, it's as simple as that.

To put it in perspective, imagine what your board would look like if, for no reason whatsoever, your defense played like a bottom 10 team for 3 quarters of the game...without having a valid reason or a key to focus on the underperformance we're lashing outta anything that disapoints us.

To be honest, I'm glad to see the guys griping. It means they still have hope. There have been years where the only thing to look for on this board was the off topic stuff by this time of year.Everyone was sick of the losing and would jump ship. Most of these guys are the die hards....they've endured enough to have the right to complain.

EDIT: about moss....him Not seeing the field is just further evidence of him being done IMO. He's a glorified distraction...an on the field red herring. His name grants him more respect on the field than his play dictates. Him being useful to you guys is more a credit to Harbaugh and yer OC, than anything he is doing. ( did I just give credit it Harbaugh????? Dammit! I blaim it on the sig!

Die hard.....to say the least. I still think, and will continue to do so, they will make the playoffs. That is until the mathematics say otherwise.
Never give up hope.......its all we got.

frok

November 14th, 2012, 8:05 pm
Modmin Dude

This thread veered off topic a while ago. Locking it up.

November 14th, 2012, 11:08 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3