View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 To Tackle or Not to Tackle 
Post Re: To Tackle or Not to Tackle
wjb21ndtown wrote:
FWIW... I don't see why they don't line Denard up at Hback. He can run the damn ball, everyone knows that, we could split him out wide and use him as a WR, or we can toss it to him and he can throw it. If we had someone in there as Qb the D would be much, much more likely to bite when they saw a pitch, even if it was to Denard. Having Denard at H-back, IMO, just opens up the offense to endless possiblities. The only reason we don't do it is lack of vision, IMO.

THAT was the offense (last week against Iowa) I was envisioning when I said that Denard should be in the back field with Gardner. True unpredictability, and everyone just seems to "fit" in their new, current roles. Why we didn't do this sooner is beyond me. We missed out on a great opportunity to be Big 10 Champions this year, and Denard will be gone next year, with no one being able to fill that H-back/WR role (Vincent Smith is going bye-bye too).

November 19th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3