View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 5:11 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Packers I 
RIP Killer

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Packers I
the Lions suspended Titus Young today, and have already declared him inactive for Thursday. He was sent home from the practice facility today.

Apparently Young thinks he can do whatever the Hell he wants, and the Lions have become tired of it. He is a definitive Class A douchebag, and it apparently has cost him for this week. All this bad press is going to get him cut from this team, and few other teams will be interested in him. He's seriously f-ed up in the head.....

November 19th, 2012, 6:51 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
the Lions suspended Titus Young today, and have already declared him inactive for Thursday. He was sent home from the practice facility today.

Apparently Young thinks he can do whatever the Hell he wants, and the Lions have become tired of it. He is a definitive Class A douchebag, and it apparently has cost him for this week. All this bad press is going to get him cut from this team, and few other teams will be interested in him. He's seriously f-ed up in the head.....

Well said. Unfortunately for Titus, every negative thing you said about him is 100% correct.

And I dont care about "who we could have drafted instead", there is no doubt Titus had a lot of talent and potential getting drafted out of Boise St. We saw towards the end of last year flashes of what this guy can play like and who he could do for the team. So the high expectation follow. Plus he was talked very highly about during the offseason and considered by MANY as a sleeper in fantasy football. So what does he do? THIS. What a freakin punk. If they cut his badonkadonk I wouldnt shed one tear. At times like this we need guys to step up, but instead Titus decides to act like a four year old and hurt his team because of it.

PATHETIC.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 19th, 2012, 7:28 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

m2karateman wrote:

Important to note: the Jefferson/Linehan argument was Jefferson complaining to Linehan about Young, not the inter-coaching staff spat it's been portrayed as.

November 19th, 2012, 9:44 pm
RIP Killer

Good, he half asses so many plays and gives up on routes I don't care I'd he play s the rest of the year. Lets see Broyles starting and Thomas in the sot!

November 19th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Broyles is impressing me with how clean he runs his routes it's been a long time since Detroit had a really good route runner. On a sidenote Stafford was off on a handful of throws but more than anything it was like he and Scheff were on two different pages. The one throw to Calvin, Stafford got crushed but on the otherbones Scheff ran what looked like the wrong route twice and the others he led him too much on the first one and then threw behind him on a few. It was almost like after Stafford missed him with that first one he decided not to lead him at all and Scheffler found a new gear to stay ahead of the passes. The two of them looked like they had never played together before.

November 20th, 2012, 6:26 pm
sweetd20 wrote:
Broyles is impressing me with how clean he runs his routes it's been a long time since Detroit had a really good route runner. On a sidenote Stafford was off on a handful of throws but more than anything it was like he and Scheff were on two different pages. The one throw to Calvin, Stafford got crushed but on the otherbones Scheff ran what looked like the wrong route twice and the others he led him too much on the first one and then threw behind him on a few. It was almost like after Stafford missed him with that first one he decided not to lead him at all and Scheffler found a new gear to stay ahead of the passes. The two of them looked like they had never played together before.

I agree sweet, but IMO Broyles is just a really good slot WR that runs good routes. Important, but I don't see him as a #2. We need a 2nd WR that can stretch the field and take pressure off of CJ.

November 23rd, 2012, 6:48 pm
kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Well said. Unfortunately for Titus, every negative thing you said about him is 100% correct.

And I dont care about "who we could have drafted instead", there is no doubt Titus had a lot of talent and potential getting drafted out of Boise St. We saw towards the end of last year flashes of what this guy can play like and who he could do for the team. So the high expectation follow. Plus he was talked very highly about during the offseason and considered by MANY as a sleeper in fantasy football. So what does he do? THIS. What a freakin punk. If they cut his badonkadonk I wouldnt shed one tear. At times like this we need guys to step up, but instead Titus decides to act like a four year old and hurt his team because of it.

PATHETIC.

KDS, that would otherwise be true, but Titus' behavior/anger problems were known prior to the draft, and it was noted in his draft profile that he was a character risk.

There are tons of players that have a lot of talent every year that people take risks on (Pac Man, Jenkins, etc.), and players that teams pass on (Blount). However, the troubling thing with Titus, at least for me, is that players like T. Smith and Cobb were available options that were as good or better, without the character concerns.

November 23rd, 2012, 6:52 pm
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

PATHETIC.

KDS, that would otherwise be true, but Titus' behavior/anger problems were known prior to the draft, and it was noted in his draft profile that he was a character risk.

There are tons of players that have a lot of talent every year that people take risks on (Pac Man, Jenkins, etc.), and players that teams pass on (Blount). However, the troubling thing with Titus, at least for me, is that players like T. Smith and Cobb were available options that were as good or better, without the character concerns.

I wanted them to take Denarrius Moore who they could have had in round 5.

November 24th, 2012, 3:03 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5