View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The dirty word. 
QB Coach

Post Re: The dirty word.
Fellas,

I hate to say it but you're missing the point and the objective. The government wants/needs dependency.

Being married to a teacher of 19 years allows me a little insight into what the government is doing and it's coming from Coke and Pepsi. Teachers across the nation are being chased after for the inabilities of the students whom they teach. So let's get down to brass tacks! Whose responsibility is it to teach the student? Does the parent maintain any responsibility for Johnny, whom they see 16 hours of each day, or is it the teacher who sees little Johnny, Suzy, Freda, Albert, Rachel, Billy, Charles, Eduardo, Sheniqua, Almando, Rosalita, Rayquan, Steven, Sally, L -A (the dash don't be silent: actual case by the way), Freddy, Joshua, Juan, Alberto, Edmund, for an average of 6.5 hours a day? Now mix in disciplinary issues that can't be dealt with because "we don't want to crush their self-esteem" and "every child's a winner", and you have roughly four hours a day in which to teach harder subjects. Now if any of these children fail to grasp the subject because of their stellar home environments that provide such excellent back ups for the children, well that's the teachers fault.

The point I'm getting at is that Teachers are being regulated and held accountable because they are the only one's the government can and will regulate and hold accountable.

On top of that, when the government is paying for everything, the will to work is removed because work is hard as well as rewarding. So two facets of our lives are directed at failure already, and the government is pushing the rescue by government systems. It's called dependency, and they will continue the rhetoric, but enact policies that will frustrate the middle class until such a point that they give up and join the entitlement class. The rich will just flee to areas which do support their lifestyles, and we will be marching with the masses of Europe before long.

It's called dependency, we might as well get used to it.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 25th, 2012, 11:46 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I'll say this one more time: you guys are failing to see the bigger picture.

Welfare spending is like 15% of government spending, and isn't likely to grow significantly.

Sure, you can cut it a bit, and it should be reduced. But it isn't the source of our ills.

November 25th, 2012, 2:00 pm
League MVP

Blueskies wrote:
I'll say this one more time: you guys are failing to see the bigger picture.

Welfare spending is like 15% of government spending, and isn't likely to grow significantly.

Sure, you can cut it a bit, and it should be reduced. But it isn't the source of our ills.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all

Fairly neutral article w facts.

November 25th, 2012, 5:36 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Sure, but over the medium term, unemployment should decline as the economy begins to grow. The other big part of that spending was the stimulus package -- that was a one-time program and there won't be the political will to pass anything similar anytime soon.

What will bankrupt this country is social security, defense spending, and Medicare, with the later posing the biggest threat to the budget.

November 25th, 2012, 11:32 pm
League MVP

I think there will also be massive increases in Medicaid which so far has been classified as a form of welfare - so even if there s no stimulus, Medicaid should be enough to keep costs high.

November 26th, 2012, 1:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2