View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage record 

Will he break Jerry Rice's record this year?
Yes 80%  80%  [ 16 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 20

Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage record 
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
How on earth can anybody disrespect Calvin? the man is a class act. He is nowhere near the egomaniac that Randy is. Im sure he is well aware of the fact he is one of the most physically gifted humans on the planet, an evolutionary marvel almost, but considering his raw physical talent he is EXCEPTIONALLY humble compared to Randy. He is still, easily, the best non quarterback in the game. the fact that any lions fan is talking bad about him shows nothing but cynicism on their part. he has put us in position to score, while not scoring as much himself, getting tackled inside the five yard line 5 times or so this season. its the fault of a whole offensive unit not executing in the redzone that has killed the lions this season. last year we were one of the best redzone offenses in the NFL, this year, we are most certainly in the bottom half, if not the bottom 5..

ALL HAIL MEGATRON

November 26th, 2012, 7:56 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

millam21 wrote:
How on earth can anybody disrespect Calvin? the man is a class act. He is nowhere near the egomaniac that Randy is. Im sure he is well aware of the fact he is one of the most physically gifted humans on the planet, an evolutionary marvel almost, but considering his raw physical talent he is EXCEPTIONALLY humble compared to Randy. He is still, easily, the best non quarterback in the game. the fact that any lions fan is talking bad about him shows nothing but cynicism on their part. he has put us in position to score, while not scoring as much himself, getting tackled inside the five yard line 5 times or so this season. its the fault of a whole offensive unit not executing in the redzone that has killed the lions this season. last year we were one of the best redzone offenses in the NFL, this year, we are most certainly in the bottom half, if not the bottom 5..

ALL HAIL MEGATRON

You got it. We have the Barry of receivers. We should be thankful.

November 26th, 2012, 10:00 pm
Varsity Captain

I love Calvin.... but:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

November 26th, 2012, 11:34 pm

49ers wrote:
I love Calvin.... but:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

You guys have 5 superbowls and are serious contenders for another one this season. Just let us have this

November 27th, 2012, 2:32 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49ers wrote:
I love Calvin.... but:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

yes

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 27th, 2012, 10:52 am
Profile WWW
millam21 wrote:

ALL HAIL MEGATRON

Who's disrespecting the guy?

I'm simply calling him out for dogging it, which he IS doing. I never said that his character was on par with Randy Moss, only his skill set. Moss has an unbelievable skill set, and did more with less than what CJ has. I don't care what his numbers are, if you watch the guy play and think he's giving it "his all" you're crazy.

November 27th, 2012, 3:30 pm
RIP Killer

It looks like Brandon Marshall and Percy Harvin are dogging it too, when the ball isnt planning to go to them. What F'ing bums

November 27th, 2012, 4:36 pm
conversion02 wrote:
It looks like Brandon Marshall and Percy Harvin are dogging it too, when the ball isnt planning to go to them. What F'ing bums

Brandon Marshall is a BOSS! I love the way he plays, flat out. Dood blocks, goes over the middle, catches everything you throw at him, plays with speed, runs routes well, etc. Love Brandon Marshall.

Percy Harvin? Eh... I think he's really talented, but the guy is always out with some sort of injury, ankle, head ache, blah... I'm not the biggest Harvin fan.

November 27th, 2012, 4:46 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Brandon Marshall is a BOSS! I love the way he plays, flat out. Dood blocks, goes over the middle, catches everything you throw at him, plays with speed, runs routes well, etc. Love Brandon Marshall.[quote]

Which Brandon Marshall are you talking about? The guy has been traded away twice for a reason. And it's not just the off-field issues. He may be playing well, at times, in Chicago. But I've seen him in games where is effort and his hands were pretty unreliable.

November 28th, 2012, 8:10 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Brandon Marshall is a BOSS! I love the way he plays, flat out. Dood blocks, goes over the middle, catches everything you throw at him, plays with speed, runs routes well, etc. Love Brandon Marshall.
Quote:

Which Brandon Marshall are you talking about? The guy has been traded away twice for a reason. And it's not just the off-field issues. He may be playing well, at times, in Chicago. But I've seen him in games where is effort and his hands were pretty unreliable.

i agree no thanks on marshall. the guy is a tool, anyone catch his comments on v i a g r a?

November 28th, 2012, 8:51 pm
RIP Killer

My comment was sarcastic fwiw

Also, I do agree with m2k on which version of Marshall you'll get.

November 29th, 2012, 9:41 am

I guess they didn't get WJB's memo that CJ is 'dogging it':

Quote:
Calvin Johnson named NFC Offensive Player of the Month
http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2012/11/2 ... laycj-nfl/
Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on November 29, 2012 – 11:46 am

Wide receiver Calvin Johnson has become just the second player in Detroit Lions history to be named NFC Offensive Player of the Month.

The other?

Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders.

Sanders was named NFC Offensive Player of the Month three consecutive months during his historical 1997 season of rushing for an NFL-record 2,053 yards. Coincidentally or not, that was the same season the Lions began the year 4-6 before winning five of their last six games to clinch an NFC Wild Card spot.

In just four games during the month of November, Johnson has 32 receptions for 619 yards (19.3 average) and three touchdowns. He averaged 154.8 yards per game during the month and had at least 125 receiving yards in all four games. His 619 yards is a franchise record for the month.

Other notables for Johnson’s month of November:
His 619 receiving yards are the most in the NFL during the month since WR Terrell Owens registered 693 over a five-game span in 2007.
His 154.8 average is the highest in November since Hall of Fame WR Lance Alworth registered 156.3 during a three-game span in 1963.
Johnson is the first player since Texans WR Andre Johnson in 2008 to record a streak of three-straight games of 140-plus receiving yards and four-straight games of 125-plus receiving yards. Andre Johnson accomplished both of these in a four-game stretch during the month of October in 2008.

November 29th, 2012, 12:02 pm
m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Quote:

Hahahaha... So wait, wait, wait... Brandon Marshall has had 1,000 yard years every year but his rookie year, and he "dogs it"? How is that POSSIBLE!?!?!?!!?

You guys crack me up. You'll use stats to support an argument that CJ doesn't dog it, but when someone else puts up monster number (Marshall AND Moss) while dogging it, you'll call them out on it... Unbelievable...

FWIW, Marshall was a malcontent on some horrible teams with horrible philosophies, under horrible management. Denver traded away their "star" Qb, and had multiple coaching changes, Miami is a disaster. Did he have issues there? Sure... Do I blame him? Nope!

Honestly, I think what's going on with CJ is EXACTLY what was going on with Marshall. The Lions had a horrible off-season. We failed to bring in anyone "new." We didn't plug any holes, and we had an opportunity to be VERY GOOD if not great this year. IMO our offseason was seen as a joke by our players, and on top of that we let guys like Titus do whatever they want, guys like Pett and Nate drop tons of balls, and guys like Cherilus jump offsides repeatedly, and it kills our offense. I think that's the cause of Stafford's sucky attitude and play, and CJs sucky attitude and play. In addition, on defense we keep guys on the roster that don't belong here, we let Avril line up offsides repeatedly, we allow Suh to be a school yard thug, we don't discipline anyone, and you guys wonder why we're right back to sucking...

November 29th, 2012, 4:09 pm
Stadium Announcer

You mean Brandon Marshall the guy who dropped about 5 Tds last season? Why would a rebuilding franchise with a rookie qb and ZERO weapons trade away the only threat on the team? And for 2 third round picks after just trading 2 seconds 2 years back? Because he is a problem child. You don't give Calvin credit for his yards because we have always been down and losing. Miami started off 0-7 last season. How many of Brandon Marshall's yards helped the team win. I think he had around 10 Tds in 2 years with Miami. I like Brandon Marshall and think he is a great wr in this league but he isn't as good as Calvin and has a much worse attitude.

But how great would it have been to trade Broyles(at least that pick) and this years second round pick to put him and Cj on the field together. I would've done it in a heartbeat. That is a potential locker room problem that would be well worth it. If only I owned the lions lol

November 30th, 2012, 3:14 am
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Calvin Johnson has his eyes on Jerry Rice’s record
Posted by Josh Alper on November 29, 2012, 4:12 PM EST

After the Lions loss last week, MDS pointed out that wide receiver Calvin Johnson had a shot at breaking Jerry Rice’s single-season receiving yards record.

Johnson has 1,257 yards through 11 games, a pace that puts him within reach of Rice’s record total of 1,848 yards set in the 1995 season. Johnson acknowledged having the record on his mind while talking to reporters on Thursday and said that he hopes he can break it before the season comes to an end. He also said that he doesn’t think the record would lose any value because the Lions are having a 4-7 season.

“If it was to happen, it wouldn’t be hollow at all because of all the work we put into it. It’s not like we’re coming out here dogging it every day,” Johnson said. “We’ve been putting in good work, just been grinding so it would be a feat for that to happen.”

Johnson doesn’t have any reason to feel bad about his potential page in the record book. His numbers aren’t coming at the expense of the team’s chances of winning games and the Lions’ chances of winning a few more games goes up if Johnson steps up his current pace.

He was the offensive player of the month for November in the NFC. If he winds up beating Rice, he might get another award in December.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... es-record/

November 30th, 2012, 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next