View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Titus Young Sabotaging the Offense? 
Varsity Captain

Post Titus Young Sabotaging the Offense?
I tried to post this in the Titus thread but it was locked. Apparently he was "deactivated" because he was purposely lining up on the field in the wrong spot; upset enough passes weren't coming his way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/29/lions-benched-titus-young-for-sabotaging-their-passing-offense/

November 29th, 2012, 10:33 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Titus Young Sabotaging the Offense?
Kick this guy off the team!

NEVER GIVE UP!

November 29th, 2012, 11:19 am
Team MVP

LionsFan4Life wrote:

AGREE!!

When I read that on PFT a minute ago, I instantly got sick. If the Lions coaching staff even thinks about letting him play another game this season I will have serious concerns about who's leading this team.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 29th, 2012, 12:49 pm
kdsberman wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:

AGREE!!

When I read that on PFT a minute ago, I instantly got sick. If the Lions coaching staff even thinks about letting him play another game this season I will have serious concerns about who's leading this team.

He'll play... Unless he punches someone else, gets in some sort of legal trouble off of the field, or something else that's "huge," he'll play. He'll come to the table saying he's "cured" and he's a "team player," we'll let him out there, and we'll pretend it's a happy marriage, until he acts up again or starts his crap next year (and he will be on the team next year, though he shouldn't be). Why? Because that's how Mayhew and Schwartz operate...

November 29th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:

AGREE!!

He'll play... Unless he punches someone else, gets in some sort of legal trouble off of the field, or something else that's "huge," he'll play. He'll come to the table saying he's "cured" and he's a "team player," we'll let him out there, and we'll pretend it's a happy marriage, until he acts up again or starts his crap next year (and he will be on the team next year, though he shouldn't be). Why? Because that's how Mayhew and Schwartz operate...

I believe you are correct.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

November 29th, 2012, 4:49 pm
RIP Killer

Seriously? i think the guy is an assbag, but to sabotage the team? No GM in the league, even Matt millen, would allow someone back on the field if that was actually true. Who's birkett's source? Does he know the routes Titus was supposed to run? Highly doubt he knows the playbook. But, it's obvious Titus doesn't either.

Personally, I think Titus is an bunghole who thinks he's knows the offense, but he doesn't. He doesn't like feedback and gives a big FU to anyone who gives him some (staff, Jefferson, etc)

November 29th, 2012, 8:00 pm
Heisman Winner

I love TY but just look at how the offensive timing was so much better without him. Stafford has struggled this year with timing but when everyone was lining up right and running the right routes he was much better and looked like he did last year.

November 29th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Quote:
Who's birkett's source? Does he know the routes Titus was supposed to run? Highly doubt he knows the playbook
I was just about to say the same thing

November 30th, 2012, 5:40 am

Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
Who's birkett's source? Does he know the routes Titus was supposed to run? Highly doubt he knows the playbook
I was just about to say the same thing

Somebody asked Birkett whether PFT was twisting his words (as they often do) or if he was really implying Titus was consciously sabotaging things. His response: "I wrote it." So although he doesn't metion a source (named or unnamed), he stands by his assertion. In my opinion, Birkett is the best beat writer out there right now. I don't think he's making this up.

November 30th, 2012, 9:56 am
RIP Killer

freep wrote:
Lions' Titus Young short with media while Dominic Raiola blasts him
Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young met with the media today for the first time since he was sent home from the practice facility last week, but he didn’t have much to say.

Young fielded nine questions, ignoring one and giving eight one-sentence answers before the session was cut off by a Lions spokesperson.

Young was benched for the final series of the Lions’ Nov. 18 loss to the Green Bay Packers after he purposely lined up incorrectly on multiple occasions and yelled at receivers coach Shawn Jefferson coming off the field.

Jefferson declined to comment on that incident and Young, in general, today.

But team captain Dominic Raiola blasted Young in an interview with the Detroit News.

"It's not a distraction because we have moved on from him," Raiola said. "If he wants to be an a------, let him be an a------. It's not my problem. What we can control is the guys who want to be here. I want people who want to be here, and I think everybody else wants the same thing.

"If you don't want to be here, then leave."

Raiola said he has "no idea" why Young is disgruntled.

"We've got the best player in the world over there (in Calvin Johnson)," Raiola said. "He should look no further than that to know how to act. If you are going to act like that, you are done."

Meanwhile, here’s Young’s exchange with reporters:

Q. What led to your absence from the team for last week’s loss to the Houston Texans?

A. “Well, what happens in house stays in house.”

Q. Are you disappointed you’ve been sent home from the facility twice in six months?

A. “Well, I just made my comment on that whole situation."

Q. How are you progressing this week to get back in the playing mix?

A. “Well."

Q. Do you expect to play Sunday?

A. “Well, that’s all in God’s hands.”

Q. Lions coach Jim Schwartz said you need to be more accountable, is this part of that?

A. “Well, you have to talk to Coach about that.”

Q. What would you say to fans who wonder if they can trust you again?

A. “Well, I’m not here to talk about that past.”

Q. Do you understand why people are curious about your situation?

A. “I didn’t get the question."

(The question was repeated, and Young, who wore sunglasses and a stocking cap during the interview, did not respond.)

Q. Are you disappointed in yourself?

A. “I’m not here to comment about the past.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20121130/S ... nic-raiola?

November 30th, 2012, 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Sounds like he's still being a tool (not owning up to the "past", choosing to ignore it and hide from it, wearing sunglasses and a hat during the interview, etc.)... What a moron.

Kind of ironic that Raiola calls someone out for being an "rectum****", he's probably the biggest rectum**** on the team.

November 30th, 2012, 4:12 pm

He's done.

November 30th, 2012, 4:25 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Sounds like he's still being a tool (not owning up to the "past", choosing to ignore it and hide from it, wearing sunglasses and a hat during the interview, etc.)... What a moron.

Kind of ironic that Raiola calls someone out for being an "rectum****", he's probably the biggest rectum**** on the team.

Maybe he is. But, occasionally, Raiola is completely right. He was right when he chided fans for trying to do to Stafford what they did to Harrington. And he is right with this.

November 30th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Yeah. What I read from Raiolas Comments (assuming this was after he had returned to practice this week) is that Titus has made it apparent he doesnt want to be here. And its like, If you dont want to play next to CJ with Stafford throwing you the ball, where do you think you could go and have a better situation?

Answer: Hes just an egotistical idiot, and he likely already peaked in his career at the end of his rookie season.

November 30th, 2012, 5:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

DJ-B wrote:
Yeah. What I read from Raiolas Comments (assuming this was after he had returned to practice this week) is that Titus has made it apparent he doesnt want to be here. And its like, If you dont want to play next to CJ with Stafford throwing you the ball, where do you think you could go and have a better situation?

Answer: Hes just an egotistical idiot, and he likely already peaked in his career at the end of his rookie season.

This.

Titus is a punk and the Lions have absolutely NO reason to keep him. Is there a detail in the CBA or his contract or something that would keep the Lions from canning him right now?

November 30th, 2012, 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next