View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Colts 
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Colts
Lions are the biggest disappointment in the NFL this year.. ](*,)

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 2nd, 2012, 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Mikel Leshoure had no business running the ball 21 times today. This staff doesnt even know their personnel. I dont know if its the ankle or the rookie wall or what but Bell is running it a lot better than LeShoure and LeShoure doesnt look like the same guy as earlier in the year.

December 2nd, 2012, 11:16 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
I'm usually pretty level headed, but today I want blood. Fire somebody tomorrow.

Funny how other teams do it, but not the lions. Oh no. Gotta stay loyal :roll:

Yeah!!!! Firing the DC has worked so well for Philly. LOL.

December 3rd, 2012, 12:41 am
Hall of Fame Player

I think people are just angry and over reacting right now. The Lions are only a couple of legitimate DB's away from Superbowl Contention.

Today's game is just 1 example why, on draft day, I get bent all out of whack when we continue to ignore the CB spot until mid to late round picks. Until we get a 1st round shutdown potential CB, we will continue to lose these types of games. I seen this coming. I said they would bomb the secondary in the getting ready for the colts thread. And that's what they did when it was hammer time. They simply attacked us at our weakest link.

We have got to come out of the 2013 draft with a CB in the 1st round and a Safety in the 2nd round, ( or trade back up into the bottom of the 1st for a Safety). And we probably should look to hit gold at RB in the 3rd round. We can get reliable WR's as FA's.

December 3rd, 2012, 12:51 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
Mikel Leshoure had no business running the ball 21 times today. This staff doesnt even know their personnel. I dont know if its the ankle or the rookie wall or what but Bell is running it a lot better than LeShoure and LeShoure doesnt look like the same guy as earlier in the year.

As long as Bell doesnt fumble, he's a pretty good RB and I think he is just hungrier than Mikel.

BTW Luck=Big Ben, both just seem downright unsackable at times.

December 3rd, 2012, 2:44 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Grink wrote:
Had some time to cool off, and this was still an ugly loss. I hope like others are suggesting that we see some coaching changes, though at this point in the season I doubt it. I am concerned around our receivers, now that Broyles seems to have gone down (hopefully he is back next week), Nate done, and Titus's status unknown. We saw today that there is considerable drop off in talent with our backups.

Also, now that the Lions are out of the play off hunt, will NBC time shift next week's Sunday night game to feature someone else besides the Pack and Lions?

Too late to flex them out of the SNF game this coming weekend. They had last week to make the change. So, everyone will get to see just how far the Lions have fallen next Sunday night.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 3rd, 2012, 9:24 am
Modmin Dude

ESPN wrote:
Wrap-up: Colts 35, Lions 33
December, 2, 2012
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

A few thoughts on Sunday's events at Ford Field:

What it means: The Detroit Lions lost their fourth consecutive game to drop to 4-8, ensuring the third nonwinning season in four years under coach Jim Schwartz. They finished an 0-3 homestand by blowing fourth-quarter leads in each game, the third team in NFL history to do so. We already knew the Lions were long shots to make the playoffs. Now we must wonder whether their collapse will have further-reaching effects.

Schwartz's postgame: In his meeting with reporters, at least, Schwartz was seething. You probably would be, too, if your team had given up 14 points in the final 2 minutes, 39 seconds. Schwartz called out several specific plays, without naming the players, for obvious mistakes, and it was direct enough to wonder whether there will be any consequences for repeated breakdowns. Nose tackle Nick Fairley's horse-collar tackle gave the Indianapolis Colts a 15-yard chunk on their penultimate possession, and cornerback Drayton Florence allowed receiver LaVon Brazill to get behind him in a prevent defense for a 42-yard touchdown, among other mistakes. "Inexcusable" and "terrible" were among the words Schwartz used. He also said, "This is a tough league for tough people, and we'll find out who's tough and who's not." Let's see if there is any follow-up from a roster or lineup perspective.

Game management: I didn't have a problem with Schwartz's decision to run the ball just after the two-minute warning on third-and-5. Perhaps a pass play would have had a better chance to make a first down, but at that point the clock was the most important thing. The Lions ran off 46 seconds even though Mikel Leshoure gained only 1 yard on the play. A good punt and decent defense should have made it too tough for the Colts, who didn't have a timeout, to win. Nick Harris' 25-yard punt was yet another mistake.

MegatronWatch: Lost in the loss was another stunning day from receiver Calvin Johnson, whom quarterback Matthew Stafford targeted on 20 passes. Johnson caught 13 of them for 171 yards and a 46-yard touchdown. That brings Johnson's season total to 1,428 yards, and he is now 421 yards from breaking Jerry Rice's NFL record of 1,848 receiving yards in a season.

Injury report: Schwartz said there is "concern" about receiver Ryan Broyles' right knee injury but that he will be tested further Monday. That's usually code for the likelihood of a season-ending injury. Broyles tore the ACL in his left knee during his final season at Oklahoma.

What's next: The Lions will play at the Green Bay Packers next Sunday night.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... 5-lions-33

December 3rd, 2012, 9:51 am
Junior Varsity

My neighbors were all laughing at me yesterday as I burned one of my Lions Jerseys on the front lawn. It was a Roy Williams Jersey, but hey, it was a start. Good therapy. Why do I have to be a Lions fan? It's got to be unhealthy to feel this way almost every week for the last 30 or so years. :( ](*,) :\ ](*,) :angry:

December 3rd, 2012, 10:48 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Wackadoo wrote:
My neighbors were all laughing at me yesterday as I burned one of my Lions Jerseys on the front lawn. It was a Roy Williams Jersey, but hey, it was a start. Good therapy. Why do I have to be a Lions fan? It's got to be unhealthy to feel this way almost every week for the last 30 or so years. :( ](*,) :\ ](*,) :angry:

We still do that? :shock:

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 3rd, 2012, 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3