View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 KC player commits suicide 
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post KC player commits suicide
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86973 ... m-facility
Quote:
An unnamed Kansas City Chiefs player has committed suicide at the team facility and authorities are on the scene, the police confirmed to ESPN on Saturday morning.

Local reports say police are operating with the belief the player fatally shot his girlfriend at a house before driving to Arrowhead Stadium and killing himself at around 8 a.m local time. The Associated Press reported the player's age to be 25.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

There were no other injuries at the team facility, police said.

The Chiefs (1-10) were preparing to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

The NFL has told the Panthers to travel as planned to Kansas City on Saturday, the Charlotte Observer has reported, citing interim general manager Brandon Beane.

Wow...

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 1st, 2012, 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: KC player commits suicide
Here's another source:

Quote:
KC police: Chiefs player involved in shootings
By DAVE SKRETTA (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press – 23 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A 25-year-old Kansas City Chiefs player shot his girlfriend early Saturday, the drove to Arrowhead Stadium and turned the gun on himself as two team officials were confronting him, police said.

Kansas City police Supervisor Andrea Khan would not release the name of the player involved and the condition of the two parties was not immediately known.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said authorities received a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex. Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' practice facility.

Upon arriving, Snapp said that police witnessed a black male in a car with a handgun to his head talking to two Chiefs officials. That's when police heard a gunshot.

Arrowhead Stadium has been lockdown since about 8 a.m.

''We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning,'' the Chiefs said in a statement. ''We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.''

The season has been a massive disappointment for the Chiefs, who were expected to contend for the AFC West title. But they're just 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak that has been marked by devastating injuries and fan upheaval, with constant calls the past few weeks for general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel to be fired.

Kansas City is scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

December 1st, 2012, 1:15 pm
Veteran General Manager

Do we know who it was yet? It was a 25 year old Black male. How many can there be on 1 team that fits just those 2 descriptions?

December 1st, 2012, 1:18 pm
Veteran General Manager

Possibilities: ( all are black and 25 ---- As er KC Chiefs Roster Page) { Last # is years of experience ---- The next # over is players age}

21 Arenas, Javier DB 5-9 197 25 3 Alabama
59 Belcher, Jovan LB 6-2 228 25 4 Maine
30 Brown, Jalil DB 6-1 205 25 2 Colorado
25 Charles, Jamaal RB 5-11 199 25 5 Texas
81 Moeaki, Tony TE 6-3 252 25 3 Iowa
84 Newsome, Jamar WR 6-1 201 25 1 Central Florida
95 Powe, Jerrell NT 6-2 335 25 2 Mississippi

This guy's age isn't listed and there is no picture of him on the team roster page, but, he only has 2 years experience:

64 Mattison, Bryan C 6-3 310 2 Iowa

December 1st, 2012, 1:30 pm
Team MVP

I know its gotta suck to be on that team, but damn.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 1st, 2012, 1:40 pm
Veteran General Manager

I don't know if this is the player involved. But, it is the picture from one of the yahoo articles about this situation.

If you go here: ---- http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-newsalert-160958942--nfl.html

And then scroll down and to the right, you will see a column called, "Today on Yahoo" Right below that is the photo and a link to another article about this incident.

Image Jovan Belcher?

December 1st, 2012, 2:15 pm
Veteran General Manager

I was right ( Notice: I posted the above post at 1:15 the article in this post was post on NFL.com at 1:24). As soon as I posted the above post, I went to NFL.com and found this:

Quote:
Kansas City Chiefs' Jovan Belcher kills himself, police say

NFL.com
Published: Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:47 a.m.
Updated: Dec. 1, 2012 at 01:24 p.m.

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the team's training facility and killed his girlfriend in a seperate shooting Saturday morning, Kansas City Police spokeman Darin Snapp said.

The shooting occurred at 8:10 a.m. local time at the team's facility near Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City Police Communication Supervisor Kathy Childs said.

Belcher also was suspected of killing of a 22-year-old woman described by police as his "on-again, off-again" girlfriend at a nearby residence before driving to the training facility, Snapp told NFL.com's Albert Breer. Police have not released the woman's name, but confirmed she and Belcher had a 3-month-old child.

"About (7:50 a.m), we got a call to a residence, in regards to a shooting, on the 5400 block of Crysler Ave.," Snapp said by phone. "We arrived and the lady there informed us that her daughter had been shot by her on-again, off-again boyfriend. The young woman was taken to a local hospital, where she died a short time later.

"At about 8:10 a.m., we received a call to the Arrowhead practice facility in regards to a black male armed with a gun in the parking lot, and he matched the description of the shooting suspect," Snapp continued. "Officers arrived, saw a black man with a gun to his head, and some Chiefs employees. As the officer got out of his car, he heard a gunshot. It appeared the individual shot himself. He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead."

According to Snapp, Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, coach Romeo Crennel and another unnamed Chiefs staff member were talking to Belcher just before he shot himself, Breer and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported. Snapp said Pioli and Crennel "never felt like they were in danger." Belcher thanked Pioli and Crennel for all that they had done for him.

When officers arrived, Belcher walked in the opposite direction from where they were all standing. He then shot himself, Snapp said.

Snapp said the shooting occurred outside the front doors of the facility.

The Chiefs released a statement in regard to the incident:

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

Belcher, 25, grew up on Long Island, New York and played for the Maine Black Bears in college. There, he was named first team All American in the Football Championship Subdivision. After going undrafted in 2009, Belcher agreed to a free agent contract with the Kansas City Chiefs. In 2011, he became a starting linebacker for the team.

The Chiefs are scheduled to play host to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The Panthers reportedly have been told by the NFL to keep plans to travel to Kansas City for the game.

December 1st, 2012, 2:28 pm
Position Coach

i bet the chiefs still start him tomorrow

December 1st, 2012, 2:49 pm
Varsity Captain

Killwill25 wrote:
i bet the chiefs still start him tomorrow

rofl... I hate myself for laughing at this.

On the serious side, that guy is a douche. He's a murderer and a coward, and I feel no sympathy for him. He made the choice to buy a gun, load it, point it at his girlfriend (in front of her mother and maybe the 3-month-old girl), and shot her. Then he RAN like a little bitch to the training complex. Why would he go there? Because that's where he feels safe. Upon realizing all that he was about to lose, and the thought of going to prison for the rest of his life, he killed himself in front of his coach and GM.

Coward. Sissy. Weak. Good riddance.

I feel so bad for the kid and the woman's mother. I hope the Chiefs do something nice for them. What a terrible thing to have happen, and even worse that some people are going to feel bad for Javon.

I wonder how Romeo is going to coach tomorrow, knowing that he just watched a player of his take his own life the day prior.

December 1st, 2012, 3:52 pm
Position Coach

I understand your point 9ers, but do you think this is brain trauma related maybe?....

December 1st, 2012, 5:26 pm
Veteran General Manager

Killwill25 wrote:
I understand your point 9ers, but do you think this is brain trauma related maybe?....

GOOD GRIEF!!!! Is everything going to be blamed on concussions now? Isn't it possible that some people just do some very evil things just for the sake of doing evil things. Adolph Hitler must have fell and bumped his head when he was a kid. After all, people aren't capable of doing hideous things unless they were the victim of a concussion, right?

December 1st, 2012, 5:37 pm
Veteran General Manager

Killwill, Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't going off on you as much as I was going off on that notion of a concussion, ( does anyone even know if he ever had a concussion?), caused him to do what he did.

December 1st, 2012, 5:46 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
BillySims wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

GOOD GRIEF!!!! Is everything going to be blamed on concussions now? Isn't it possible that some people just do some very evil things just for the sake of doing evil things. Adolph Hitler must have fell and bumped his head when he was a kid. After all, people aren't capable of doing hideous things unless they were the victim of a concussion, right?

This right here, I am sick and tired of hearing bullshit on murders of "Oh he is insane." Then they should be locked up.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 2nd, 2012, 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Lions2SB2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

This right here, I am sick and tired of hearing bullshit on murders of "Oh he is insane." Then they should be locked up.

Saw a report in the NY Post (admittedly not the most credible source) that he was dealing with alcohol and head injury issues.

December 2nd, 2012, 10:53 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Saw a report in the NY Post (admittedly not the most credible source) that he was dealing with alcohol and head injury issues.

He shot the girlfriend nine times. In front of her mother. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. Head issues or not, he killed himself because he was scared to face the penalty for his actions.

December 3rd, 2012, 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next