View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 8:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
At least we got a good one-liner out of this fiasco:

Quote:
Anwar Richardson
‏@AnwarRichardson
#Lions coach Jim Schwartz said Titus Young will have knee surgery "unless he doesn't show up for it." #NFL

:D

December 5th, 2012, 2:35 pm
RIP Killer

But he's not hurt according to some posters here.

December 5th, 2012, 3:00 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is just flat out weak, and IMO this move costs us credibility with future FAs.

Everyone knows Titus isn't hurt. This move is akin to "I don't want you causing a distraction, but I won't leave you for it." It's a broken hearted boyfriend refusing to completely break up with his gf after she cheated on him, but worst of all, we're going about doing it in a manner that is just going to piss him off more next year.

Stupid

Mayhew has no idea how to manage anything, let alone a professional football team.

I have been asked in the past if I believe I could manage the Lions better, and I can now say definitively "yes, yes I could manage this team better than he, in every way."

I'm sorry.

But, this is exactly the perfect thing to do. TY is a me first, to hell with the team, all I want to do is smoke a doobie and sabotage the offense, PUNK.
The Lions can't get away with suspending him for the remainder of the season. So. this is the next best thing. His paycheck was guaranteed the 1st week of the season. There is no way the Lions should bend over and take it up the rectum by letting this Jack Wagon go and watch some other team sign him. That woulod be rewarding TY's bad behavior.

I hope the Lions keep TY on the roster all the way up to the night before the first game of next season and then cut him.

As far as Free Agents? Sure, there will be some players who have their own character concerns who would not come here. Good riddance.
Most, high character FA's, will see that the Lions are fed up with these turd stains and are not putting up with them anymore. Notice, you don't hear any negative comments towards Mayhew from the other players on the team. Heck, they all gave up on TY well before this news came out last night.

Billy, you realize that your advocating hurting the team to "teach him a lesson," right?

It's costing us $1 million in cap space next year to keep him around. That's ridiculous.

December 5th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is just flat out weak, and IMO this move costs us credibility with future FAs.

Everyone knows Titus isn't hurt. This move is akin to "I don't want you causing a distraction, but I won't leave you for it." It's a broken hearted boyfriend refusing to completely break up with his gf after she cheated on him, but worst of all, we're going about doing it in a manner that is just going to piss him off more next year.

Stupid

Mayhew has no idea how to manage anything, let alone a professional football team.

I have been asked in the past if I believe I could manage the Lions better, and I can now say definitively "yes, yes I could manage this team better than he, in every way."

I'm sorry.

But, this is exactly the perfect thing to do. TY is a me first, to hell with the team, all I want to do is smoke a doobie and sabotage the offense, PUNK.
The Lions can't get away with suspending him for the remainder of the season. So. this is the next best thing. His paycheck was guaranteed the 1st week of the season. There is no way the Lions should bend over and take it up the rectum by letting this Jack Wagon go and watch some other team sign him. That woulod be rewarding TY's bad behavior.

I hope the Lions keep TY on the roster all the way up to the night before the first game of next season and then cut him.

As far as Free Agents? Sure, there will be some players who have their own character concerns who would not come here. Good riddance.
Most, high character FA's, will see that the Lions are fed up with these turd stains and are not putting up with them anymore. Notice, you don't hear any negative comments towards Mayhew from the other players on the team. Heck, they all gave up on TY well before this news came out last night.

Billy, you realize that your advocating hurting the team to "teach him a lesson," right?

It's costing us $1 million in cap space next year to keep him around. That's ridiculous.

It does not cost us a penny, if we cut him the night before the 1st game, other than his prorated signing bonus money. Which if we cut him right now, is applied right now. Which, we can not afford on this years cap.

December 5th, 2012, 3:44 pm
RIP Killer

How is he costing them money next year if they trade him in the offseason? Where are you getting this crap?

The whole point was trading him in the offseason, and unless he's due some big roster bonus in march, they won't owe him when he gets traded. What are you missing???

Of course, that is only if mayhew actually trades him. Maybe he doesn't get squat. Either way, young sitting on his rectum at home, getting paid for the rest of this year either way (if he's hurt and gets cut - injury settlement, IR, or simply inactive).

December 5th, 2012, 3:47 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Stupid

I'm sorry.

It does not cost us a penny, if we cut him the night before the 1st game, other than his prorated signing bonus money. Which if we cut him right now, is applied right now. Which, we can not afford on this years cap.

We CAN afford to cut him this year. Cutting him this year IS an option, and waiting until next year not only costs us his prorated portion of his signing bonus, it eats into the pure salary cut that we would have if we cut him this year. If we cut him or trade him this year we free up $1 million in cap space next year, if we cut him or trade him next year we save $200k. You do the math...

December 5th, 2012, 3:48 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Stupid

I'm sorry.

We CAN afford to cut him this year. Cutting him this year IS an option, and waiting until next year not only costs us his prorated portion of his signing bonus, it eats into the pure salary cut that we would have if we cut him this year. If we cut him or trade him this year we free up $1 million in cap space next year, if we cut him or trade him next year we save $200k. You do the math...

What are you smoking? If we cut him the night before the 1st game, we owe him $ZERO of his salary. All we will owe him is the prorated salary bonus.
All salary and bonus money for this year was fully guaranteed when he was on the roster for the 1st game this year. It doesn't cost us a penny more by IRing him.
If we cut him right now however, his signing bonus accelerates to this year.
You have to know this by now. The salary cap is not a new thing. Your wrong about this. But, you won't admit it.

December 5th, 2012, 4:08 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Stupid

I'm sorry.

What are you smoking? If we cut him the night before the 1st game, we owe him $ZERO of his salary. All we will owe him is the prorated salary bonus.
All salary and bonus money for this year was fully guaranteed when he was on the roster for the 1st game this year. It doesn't cost us a penny more by IRing him.
If we cut him right now however, his signing bonus accelerates to this year.
You have to know this by now. The salary cap is not a new thing. Your wrong about this. But, you won't admit it.

This is maddening, are you serious?

I'm not saying that we will owe him his salary next year. What I'm saying is we can accelerate his ENTIRE SIGNING BONUS AND PAY IT THIS YEAR, and SAVE THAT, PLUS HIS SALARY NEXT YEAR.

That nets us $1 million in cap space next year, IRing him and cutting him next year nets us $200k. That's an $800K difference, nearly one million. I'm not talking about owning ANY salary next year. Where are you getting this from? I've explained the process and the figures three times now, and you still don't get it!

December 5th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Billy, Hes not talking the Actual Cost of $$ paid to the player, but the Effect to the Cap.

If we cut him this year, it moves everything to this year from next year, freeing up an extra 800k of Nexts years Cap. It isnt Costing us 800k more in Cash to Him, but it is impacting the cap that much.

That is what he is saying anyways... I dont know poop about caps and how they work , and im not going to pretend I do.

December 5th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
Billy, Hes not talking the Actual Cost of $$ paid to the player, but the Effect to the Cap.

If we cut him this year, it moves everything to this year from next year, freeing up an extra 800k of Nexts years Cap. It isnt Costing us 800k more in Cash to Him, but it is impacting the cap that much.

That is what he is saying anyways... I dont know poop about caps and how they work , and im not going to pretend I do.

For someone that doesn't "know poop about caps," you got it exactly right!

:idea: :arrow: :cheers:

December 5th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Veteran General Manager

How the hell can we do that when we are cap strapped this year? You have got to have the cap space available, which we do not.

You said,
Quote:
Cutting him this year IS an option, and waiting until next year not only costs us his prorated portion of his signing bonus, it eats into the pure salary cut that we would have if we cut him this year.

I was commenting that it does not eat into any pure salary cut whatsoever by waiting to cut him right up until the night before the 1st game of next season. I fail to see how you figure it would. The signing bonus would accelerate. We would have to have the room on this years cap to absorb it. We don't have the room.

December 5th, 2012, 4:38 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I know exactly what you were saying. You are being a hammer head and ignoring what I am saying. In order to do what you want, we would be required to have the room on this years cap to absorb the hit. We don't have it.

December 5th, 2012, 4:41 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I know exactly what you were saying. You are being a hammer head and ignoring what I am saying. In order to do what you want, we would be required to have the room on this years cap to absorb the hit. We don't have it.

Really? Everyone else says you're wrong:

http://detroit.sbnation.com/lions/2012/ ... roit-lions

December 5th, 2012, 4:44 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I would like to know how we went from not having enough cap space to buy a box of jock straps to having $2.5 Million available. And that number was as of November 1st. More than a month ago. How many players have been signed as injury replacements since then? And what do you do for the last 2 games if you lose 3 or 4 more players for the remainder of the year? It is possible that Mayhew is just waiting until after the last game to cut him in case we have to sign more injury replacements.

December 5th, 2012, 4:55 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I would like to know how we went from not having enough cap space to buy a box of jock straps to having $2.5 Million available. And that number was as of November 1st. More than a month ago. How many players have been signed as injury replacements since then? And what do you do for the last 2 games if you lose 3 or 4 more players for the remainder of the year? It is possible that Mayhew is just waiting until after the last game to cut him in case we have to sign more injury replacements.

We've had that money forever. We had the room to sign another FA, but never did.

The "injury replacements" don't count for crap. There are only four games left, and we're paying these guys peanuts. If their salary was 1 million dollars per year, only 4/16ths (1/4) of it would count against the cap, as that's all they would be earning this year, so signing a million dollar player right now would only cost $250k against the cap, and these guys are making much, much less than $1 million.

In addition, the remainder of what Titius had left on his salary would come off of the cap if he were picked up via the waiver wire (which he likely would have been). It would only have cost around $750k to cut him.

December 5th, 2012, 5:04 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next