View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 2:20 pm



Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage record 

Will he break Jerry Rice's record this year?
Yes 80%  80%  [ 16 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 20

 Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage record 
Author Message
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
conversion02 wrote:
Yeah, CJ is one of the top 5 all time amazing loafers!!!

Get your head our of your badonkadonk, because any GM in the league would give their left nut to have this guy on their team.



I'm not saying they wouldn't, I'm just saying that he has to be more of a leader, and he has to stop his defeatist attitude.

My head isn't up my badonkadonk, you're head is up his. Like I said, if you want to get on your knees and blow the guy, so be it, but the fact of the matter is his attitude is part of the problem, not part of the solution for this Lions team.


December 5th, 2012, 2:05 pm
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2373
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Yeah, CJ is one of the top 5 all time amazing loafers!!!

Get your head our of your badonkadonk, because any GM in the league would give their left nut to have this guy on their team.



I'm not saying they wouldn't, I'm just saying that he has to be more of a leader, and he has to stop his defeatist attitude.

My head isn't up my badonkadonk, you're head is up his. Like I said, if you want to get on your knees and blow the guy, so be it, but the fact of the matter is his attitude is part of the problem, not part of the solution for this Lions team.


Seriously, sometimes I wonder if this is all a bit you're doing.

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


December 5th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10355
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.

_________________
_____
The kitties are slowly restoring some Millen killed faith. Now, beat those F'ing Fudgies!
Image


December 5th, 2012, 2:57 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2373
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
conversion02 wrote:
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.


He's just covering his bases so if CJ has a down year some time in the future, he can come on here and say 'YOU SEE? I TOLD YOU SO! TRACYPORTERMICHAELBUSHRANDALLCOBBB..."

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


December 5th, 2012, 3:31 pm
Profile
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.


He's just covering his bases so if CJ has a down year some time in the future, he can come on here and say 'YOU SEE? I TOLD YOU SO! TRACYPORTERMICHAELBUSHRANDALLCOBBB..."


Not at all. I said last year that CJ had a great year. His head was up, his heart was in it, and he played great. He was going over the middle, he was playing with energy and enthusiasm, and I loved everything about his game. He's having a great year statistically, but he's not doing the "little things" it takes to win and be a leader.


December 5th, 2012, 3:44 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 683
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.


He's just covering his bases so if CJ has a down year some time in the future, he can come on here and say 'YOU SEE? I TOLD YOU SO! TRACYPORTERMICHAELBUSHRANDALLCOBBB..."


Not at all. I said last year that CJ had a great year. His head was up, his heart was in it, and he played great. He was going over the middle, he was playing with energy and enthusiasm, and I loved everything about his game. He's having a great year statistically, but he's not doing the "little things" it takes to win and be a leader.


Honestly, when I first joined here I always questioned many things WJB said, but over time I've really started understanding where he's coming from with everything, and what he's saying, IMO, is true to an extent. I just don't see absolute fire from CJ like you did last year. Example: Colts game. 3rd and 10, if he catches it, game is likely over, but he drops it leading to disaster. That could've won the game. Just one of the often times I've seen CJ just not seem to be 100% in it like Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, etc.

_________________
Image


December 5th, 2012, 4:42 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2373
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.


He's just covering his bases so if CJ has a down year some time in the future, he can come on here and say 'YOU SEE? I TOLD YOU SO! TRACYPORTERMICHAELBUSHRANDALLCOBBB..."


Not at all. I said last year that CJ had a great year. His head was up, his heart was in it, and he played great. He was going over the middle, he was playing with energy and enthusiasm, and I loved everything about his game. He's having a great year statistically, but he's not doing the "little things" it takes to win and be a leader.


Honestly, when I first joined here I always questioned many things WJB said, but over time I've really started understanding where he's coming from with everything, and what he's saying, IMO, is true to an extent. I just don't see absolute fire from CJ like you did last year. Example: Colts game. 3rd and 10, if he catches it, game is likely over, but he drops it leading to disaster. That could've won the game. Just one of the often times I've seen CJ just not seem to be 100% in it like Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, etc.


WJB's formula is simple. He's ALWAYS negative about EVERYTHING. Then, when something goes wrong (as it inevitably will), he can come back and say he 'called' or 'predicted' it.

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


December 5th, 2012, 4:45 pm
Profile
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.


He's just covering his bases so if CJ has a down year some time in the future, he can come on here and say 'YOU SEE? I TOLD YOU SO! TRACYPORTERMICHAELBUSHRANDALLCOBBB..."


Not at all. I said last year that CJ had a great year. His head was up, his heart was in it, and he played great. He was going over the middle, he was playing with energy and enthusiasm, and I loved everything about his game. He's having a great year statistically, but he's not doing the "little things" it takes to win and be a leader.


Honestly, when I first joined here I always questioned many things WJB said, but over time I've really started understanding where he's coming from with everything, and what he's saying, IMO, is true to an extent. I just don't see absolute fire from CJ like you did last year. Example: Colts game. 3rd and 10, if he catches it, game is likely over, but he drops it leading to disaster. That could've won the game. Just one of the often times I've seen CJ just not seem to be 100% in it like Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, etc.



Everyone wants to say that I'm saying the guy "sucks" or "isn't good," etc. That's not what I'm saying at all. At least you get it. He's just flat out not playing up to his potential, despite putting up monster stats, yes, he is THAT good.


December 5th, 2012, 4:45 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 683
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.


He's just covering his bases so if CJ has a down year some time in the future, he can come on here and say 'YOU SEE? I TOLD YOU SO! TRACYPORTERMICHAELBUSHRANDALLCOBBB..."


Not at all. I said last year that CJ had a great year. His head was up, his heart was in it, and he played great. He was going over the middle, he was playing with energy and enthusiasm, and I loved everything about his game. He's having a great year statistically, but he's not doing the "little things" it takes to win and be a leader.


Honestly, when I first joined here I always questioned many things WJB said, but over time I've really started understanding where he's coming from with everything, and what he's saying, IMO, is true to an extent. I just don't see absolute fire from CJ like you did last year. Example: Colts game. 3rd and 10, if he catches it, game is likely over, but he drops it leading to disaster. That could've won the game. Just one of the often times I've seen CJ just not seem to be 100% in it like Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, etc.



Everyone wants to say that I'm saying the guy "sucks" or "isn't good," etc. That's not what I'm saying at all. At least you get it. He's just flat out not playing up to his potential, despite putting up monster stats, yes, he is THAT good.


Dude could seriously get 2,000 yards in a season next year if we get a "more" respectable run game and he's 100% determined to play football. Either that or a creative offensive coordinator could make the passing offense unreal by using him as a decoy on some plays every game.

_________________
Image


December 5th, 2012, 4:51 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
CJ has an attitude? That's actually funny.


He's just covering his bases so if CJ has a down year some time in the future, he can come on here and say 'YOU SEE? I TOLD YOU SO! TRACYPORTERMICHAELBUSHRANDALLCOBBB..."


Not at all. I said last year that CJ had a great year. His head was up, his heart was in it, and he played great. He was going over the middle, he was playing with energy and enthusiasm, and I loved everything about his game. He's having a great year statistically, but he's not doing the "little things" it takes to win and be a leader.


Honestly, when I first joined here I always questioned many things WJB said, but over time I've really started understanding where he's coming from with everything, and what he's saying, IMO, is true to an extent. I just don't see absolute fire from CJ like you did last year. Example: Colts game. 3rd and 10, if he catches it, game is likely over, but he drops it leading to disaster. That could've won the game. Just one of the often times I've seen CJ just not seem to be 100% in it like Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, etc.



Everyone wants to say that I'm saying the guy "sucks" or "isn't good," etc. That's not what I'm saying at all. At least you get it. He's just flat out not playing up to his potential, despite putting up monster stats, yes, he is THAT good.


Dude could seriously get 2,000 yards in a season next year if we get a "more" respectable run game and he's 100% determined to play football. Either that or a creative offensive coordinator could make the passing offense unreal by using him as a decoy on some plays every game.


True, I mean when Rice set the record in 1995 everyone was frightened of their running game. Anyone remember Derek Loville?

HINT - he was the 49ers leading rusher (by far that season) and had a scary 3.3 ypc average...

Then again they had a number of other receiving weapons... Oh wait, Loville was also their second leading receive after GOAT (followed by Brent Jones and JJ Stokes).

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


December 5th, 2012, 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3898
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
Good point Pablo...the lack of other effective weapons is giving cj a boost to his numbers, no doubt. If we had a better run game cj's yardage would go down simply based off of the fact that we'd e calling more run plays.


Not saying cj's not the beast that he is....just saying we have leaned on him more than a balanced team should need to.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


December 5th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12240
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
ESPN wrote:
MegatronWatch: Closing in on Jerry Rice
December, 10, 2012
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

Sunday night produced quite a testament to the season Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson has had. NBC gave one of its player of the game awards to Green Bay Packers cornerback Tramon Williams, who matched up for most of the night on Johnson and held him without a touchdown -- but still allowed 10 receptions for 118 yards.

That total kept Johnson well ahead of the pace Jerry Rice set in 1995 while establishing the NFL's record for receiving yards in a season. Johnson has 1,546 yards through 13 games, leaving him 303 yards from breaking Rice's record of 1,848.

Higher math tells me Johnson must average 101 yards over the Lions' final three games to break the record. At his current pace of 118.9 yards per game, he will finish with 1,902 yards.

In all seriousness, Sunday night was the quietest game Johnson has had in what is now a six-game stretch of at least 100 receiving yards. His yardage total was his lowest since the Seattle Seahawks held him to 46 yards in Week 8, and it snapped a streak of five consecutive games with at least 125 yards receiving.

The last time Johnson didn't catch a pass of at least 21 yards was Week 7. Maybe he can do better next time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... jerry-rice
Yup, he just keeps on dogging it........

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


December 11th, 2012, 9:51 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7546
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
I bet he passes Rice this week against Arizona. LOL. Well, maybe not. But, I think he will get more than 200 yards receiving this week.


December 11th, 2012, 11:36 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3167
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
For all the criticism of CJ (some of it deserved), one thing that I haven't seen mentioned much/at all is that he's injured. Remember earlier this season when it came out that he had an injured hand? That will certainly affect his ability to catch the ball. It's not an excuse, but it is a factor. Early in the season I was wondering why he was dropping more passes than normal, and then the story about his hand came out, and it made sense. If he was 100%, I don't think we'd be talking about any issues with him.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


December 11th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7546
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Megatron threatens single-season receiving yardage recor
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
For all the criticism of CJ (some of it deserved), one thing that I haven't seen mentioned much/at all is that he's injured. Remember earlier this season when it came out that he had an injured hand? That will certainly affect his ability to catch the ball. It's not an excuse, but it is a factor. Early in the season I was wondering why he was dropping more passes than normal, and then the story about his hand came out, and it made sense. If he was 100%, I don't think we'd be talking about any issues with him.


NAH. WJB would find something. LOL.


December 11th, 2012, 12:49 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.