View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 GOTDAMMIT 
Position Coach

Post GOTDAMMIT
How many times have you said that on Sundays this season? I admit to being one of the biggest homers on here but I honestly think we have a very talented roster and I think coaching is holding us back. How in the F*** does a team with a roster like ours become a doormat? In my eyes, we should've won every game this season other than SF and CHI,

Hou- which we did play well enough to win but t coach lost his cool on a rule he clearly knew(That is worse than dropping passes or fumbles). he compounded that by kicking a long rectum field goal, with a bad angle, on 3rd & 11 in OT when our offense had them on the ropes(BTW STAFFORD IS CAPABLE OF THOWING TDS ON THOSE. He's done it many times.) Our prevent offense is the reason we lose close games.

IND- The defense choked off in the end but 3rd & 5 Linehan and Schwartz pretty much say "I suck at coaching to win so its up to our sh*tty punter the defense." THIS WHY STAFFORD GETS PAID AND HE USUALLY COMES THRU. I think Scott Linehan is a nice guy but easily intimidated. His philosophy is take what the defense gives us but he will never force our will.

GB- got safe late in the game and GB's defense had 12 men on the field counting Titus.

It's just sad because as far as the rest of the division(and the conference really) we couldn't have asked for a more wide open league but our coaches were too afraid to walk through the door, and yes I am partially blaming coaching for the drops as well. We are wasting a franchise QB and WR.

I won't get into every single loss nor do I care about the "why we suck" arguments but I just opened this thread to bitch about the Lions because there is really nothing else we can do for them. We aren't OZ

December 7th, 2012, 6:21 pm
Position Coach

Post Re: GOTDAMMIT
for the first time i saw stafford's body language just say f*** it. the coaches need to improve but Stafford needs to become a true leader next year. He can sling it with the best of them but its time for him to become the man of the house.

December 10th, 2012, 4:32 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I've been thinking this for the last few weeks, but I think the Lions and Stafford are concealing a minor but hampering shoulder injury. He's missed way more throws this year as opposed to last year. Are his mechanics bad at times? Yes, but there's something else that's just not right with him. How many times have we seen him be unable to hit his receivers either in stride or put them in a position where they'll be able to catch it. It is especially glaring late in games, which makes me think that his arm is tired/slightly injured, and that's why he doesn't hit them. It's frustrating when the offense looks good in the first 3 quarters, but in the fourth, when the O needs to sustain drives to kill the clock, they can't, and I lay most of that blame at the feet of Stafford and Linehan.

December 10th, 2012, 11:46 am
Modmin Dude

Wayne Fontes wrote:
I've been thinking this for the last few weeks, but I think the Lions and Stafford are concealing a minor but hampering shoulder injury. He's missed way more throws this year as opposed to last year. Are his mechanics bad at times? Yes, but there's something else that's just not right with him. How many times have we seen him be unable to hit his receivers either in stride or put them in a position where they'll be able to catch it. It is especially glaring late in games, which makes me think that his arm is tired/slightly injured, and that's why he doesn't hit them. It's frustrating when the offense looks good in the first 3 quarters, but in the fourth, when the O needs to sustain drives to kill the clock, they can't, and I lay most of that blame at the feet of Stafford and Linehan.
You know, it doesn't seem that long ago that peeps were saying just the opposite; the the Lions couldn't figure out how to move the ball / score in the 1st 3 quarters, but could do it in in the 4th. As a matter of fact, I could've swore that the Lions led the league in 4th quarter scoring a few weeks back..... What a difference a couple weeks make, eh?

Joe Fauria, MVP!

December 10th, 2012, 11:50 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

No consistency, and that's frustrating as hell. I'd also say that it speaks to coaching that they can't adapt to what the other teams adjustments are at halftime. If what you're doing works in the first half, but not in the second, why not make an adjustment? I think that's what ticks me off the most.

December 10th, 2012, 12:21 pm
League MVP

TheRealWags wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
You know, it doesn't seem that long ago that peeps were saying just the opposite; the the Lions couldn't figure out how to move the ball / score in the 1st 3 quarters, but could do it in in the 4th. As a matter of fact, I could've swore that the Lions led the league in 4th quarter scoring a few weeks back..... What a difference a couple weeks make, eh?

You are 100% correct at least about me complaining of the start of week 1-9. And I give credit to the fact that we have FINALY changed how we open up the game at the beginning. I still question why it took so long though....

But now we face a new problem. We open up the game and get a big lead...then play soft. And I mean SOFT. Why? I don't know which coach is calling for a more prevent O and D, but it's pretty obvious over the past 3 weeks that we do it. Swartz maybe. Or Linnehan? Don't know, but I don't like it. And I now wonder how many weeks it's going to take to fix THIS problem.

December 10th, 2012, 7:54 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

You are 100% correct at least about me complaining of the start of week 1-9. And I give credit to the fact that we have FINALY changed how we open up the game at the beginning. I still question why it took so long though....

But now we face a new problem. We open up the game and get a big lead...then play soft. And I mean SOFT. Why? I don't know which coach is calling for a more prevent O and D, but it's pretty obvious over the past 3 weeks that we do it. Swartz maybe. Or Linnehan? Don't know, but I don't like it. And I now wonder how many weeks it's going to take to fix THIS problem.

Rest of the year.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 10th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Position Coach

does anyone else not trust Jason Hanson anymore?

December 10th, 2012, 10:46 pm
League MVP

Quote:
IND- The defense choked off in the end but 3rd & 5 Linehan and Schwartz pretty much say "I suck at coaching to win so its up to our sh*tty punter the defense." THIS WHY STAFFORD GETS PAID AND HE USUALLY COMES THRU. I think Scott Linehan is a nice guy but easily intimidated. His philosophy is take what the defense gives us but he will never force our will

thats a head coaching call to run the ball there according to both stafford and schwartz.

as for protecting leads, im pretty sure thats how schwartz wants linehan to call it. he doesnt tell him what plays to call but he tells him what strategy he wants. its not total freedom on linehan

December 10th, 2012, 11:03 pm
Junior Varsity

I don't know, man. Been watching this stuff for along time, since Karras, and it never seems to change. Our spikes in success just mean we're competitive, and then we fall off. Fire the coach? I don't know, I guess I am just tired of it. You ever notice that we are always the team to have amazingly bad things happen, things that just stun the league. Schwartz flag gaf, Rogers fumble in the endzone in Chicago, the literally hundreds of games given away for reasons too stupid to list, and all the way back to Chuck Hughs. Oh, there is a major pile of other things that could be listed, but what's the point? Yeah, go ahead and fire the coach, it's what we have always done, might as well start again.

December 12th, 2012, 6:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]