View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Cardinals 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Cardinals
Oh well, we just improved our draft slot, and today's game against a poor but inspired team proves we we have a long way to go in improving the talent base.

December 16th, 2012, 8:01 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

liontrax wrote:
Oh well, we just improved our draft slot, and today's game against a poor but inspired team proves we we have a long way to go in improving the talent base.

That's the WCF way of looking at things.

If this was one of any of the other 31 franchises, Schwartz would be gone IMMEDIATELY after this game, if not before. This team has given up, and it's that simple.

December 16th, 2012, 8:06 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

This is a joke. Can the Ford's just give up and sell the team? At some point dignity is lossed in the process of making money, and this should be that point. Getting blown out.... By the Cardinals..... Why can we never be good more than one magical season thats never even that successful in the 1st place?

December 16th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I'm so glad that we volunteered to be the team to make Arizona look like they actually belong in the NFL. Phuck that. Phuck Arizona. And phuck our coaching staff. I have had enough of this team. I was actually less disappointed 4 years ago when we didn't even win a game. I just. . . I'm without words.

December 16th, 2012, 8:14 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Don't know if I'm correct, but I believe we're picking 6th at this point. Bears and Falcons left, we could move up.

December 16th, 2012, 8:35 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 16-recap14

Recap is up - that was awful...

December 16th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

Shotty wrote:
liontrax wrote:

That's the WCF way of looking at things.

If this was one of any of the other 31 franchises, Schwartz would be gone IMMEDIATELY after this game, if not before. This team has given up, and it's that simple.

That sort of knee jerk reaction is why we are this bad to begin with. Getting a new coach means starting all over again...AGAIN!

December 16th, 2012, 9:36 pm
Heisman Winner

This entire season of failures is not a knee jerk reaction. It's time to make changes or we will be doomed to return to the laughing stock of the NFL again.

December 16th, 2012, 9:43 pm
National Champion

aManNamedSuh wrote:
This entire season of failures is not a knee jerk reaction. It's time to make changes or we will be doomed to return to the laughing stock of the NFL again.

Actually, it kinda is.

It still means starting over. I'm not convinced the starting over is BETTER than what we have.

December 16th, 2012, 9:52 pm
Team MVP

SWFLionsFan wrote:
WTF...another Stafford pick six.

I'm sorry, but Schwartz & company should be under some serious fire this week. If it were any other owner but WCF, I'd say there would be a better than average chance that the entire coaching staff gets fired after the season.

YUP, but not with the Lions. Most teams, like you said, would have someone fired by this time, but not us. Oh no. Why would we want to FIX the problem. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 16th, 2012, 10:17 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
Don't know if I'm correct, but I believe we're picking 6th at this point. Bears and Falcons left, we could move up.

Actually, before this game we were picking 7th. Carolina won, so that moves us up AT LEAST one spot. Raiders won, but they have a weaker S.O.S. So as of now, were looking at 6th. Prime position for Te'o or more realistically, Bjoern Werner, or maybe Dee Milliner.

The Jets/Titans game could alter this too. If the Titans win, we move up to 5th. If they lose, we still COULD move to 5th depending on SOS.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

December 16th, 2012, 10:21 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Actually, before this game we were picking 7th. Carolina won, so that moves us up AT LEAST one spot. Raiders won, but they have a weaker S.O.S. So as of now, were looking at 6th. Prime position for Te'o or more realistically, Bjoern Werner, or maybe Dee Milliner.

The Jets/Titans game could alter this too. If the Titans win, we move up to 5th. If they lose, we still COULD move to 5th depending on SOS.

I hope we can get Werner because all of a sudden we have no D ends that are worth a damn.

December 16th, 2012, 10:46 pm
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I hope we can get Werner because all of a sudden we have no D ends that are worth a damn.

Hence my signature. :D

December 16th, 2012, 10:56 pm
Varsity Captain

Yup I'm done with this garbage team too. And the staff. Only the lions could make that garbage team look that good. Our qb is horrid. Can't make normal throws. His sidearm garbage gets knocked down at the line. All you gotta do is blitz him. He has no ability to scramble or improvise at all. His first look is cal, then if any double coverage is around he can't adjust.
They keep talking about winning 4 straight at the end of the season a few years ago. That was with Shaun hill. He has better awareness(even on madden) than stafford. Gross.
They can't play fundamental football. Watch real football players like Peyton manning, drew Bree's, tom Brady, how it doesn't matter what defense or blitz they see. They know exactly where to go with the ball. A wr or Te might not even be open, but good qbs throw opposite shoulder all day long and dissect defenses...
Our coaches have underachieved (again) and need to get fired. Get some real coaches with real track records of winning football and knowing how to get the damn job done. Get a real general manager that knows what to do to build a franchise. Get some real trainers that make players quicker, more explosive.
From top to bottom, this lions team fails. I'm over it. Wait to you see them phuck up next years draft. Again..

December 17th, 2012, 4:06 am
National Champion

kdsberman wrote:
SWFLionsFan wrote:
WTF...another Stafford pick six.

I'm sorry, but Schwartz & company should be under some serious fire this week. If it were any other owner but WCF, I'd say there would be a better than average chance that the entire coaching staff gets fired after the season.

YUP, but not with the Lions. Most teams, like you said, would have someone fired by this time, but not us. Oh no. Why would we want to FIX the problem. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Becase firing the entire coaching staff isn't a "fix." It's an entire team "reboot."

It'd be like having a broken arm and having the doctor transplant your brain into a new body...

Look this team needs help, but understand if we fire Swartz and hire a new HC we WILL be starting all over again. We've done that 4 times in the last decade. You really wanna start this again?

December 17th, 2012, 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next