View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 8:08 am



Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Biggest Need next year? 
Author Message
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
The Legend wrote:
I dont get the Te'o pick for the Lions. I think OT is still a possibility because Reiff hasnt looked that good except as a run blocker which to me means he might be a RT. The OT prospects in this draft are supposedly pretty strong. Maybe Reiff should be playing so Mayhew knows what he needs to draft. Outside of that I dont see us taking an offensive player with that pick. I see Milliner as a very real possibility, I dont really care if he s not Patrick Peterson as long as he s not Jacob Lacey or post prime Drayton Florence. Milliner is a first day starter if the Lions take him. I think the real pick however will be at DE where backup vets LoJack and Willie Young havent stepped up and coming back with Avril and KVB might be a $17 mill/season cap hit...


Which is why im very high on Werner. Id love to have Te'o, but I see the Lions taking Werner if he falls to them because it makes much more sense anyway.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 12th, 2012, 8:19 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10270
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
I'd like to see Reiff at RG for a game or 2.

I'd like:
1) DE
2) CB
3) S
FA 4) OLB
FA 5) RG
6) RB/KR
7) P

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


December 13th, 2012, 3:20 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 999
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
conversion02 wrote:
I'd like to see Reiff at RG for a game or 2.

I'd like:
1) DE
2) CB
3) S
FA 4) OLB
FA 5) RG
6) RB/KR
7) P



For me it would be:

1- CB or DE (looks like a good year for DE's depending on if the Jr's declare)
2- S or DE
3- S or DE or CB (whatever wasn't addressed in the previous rounds)
4- traded
5- was this the pick traded for Mike Thomas?
6- WR, KR, or G
7- WR, KR, or G

Mayhew needs to stop trading away the future!


December 13th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
conversion02 wrote:
I'd like to see Reiff at RG for a game or 2.

I'd like:
1) DE
2) CB
3) S
FA 4) OLB
FA 5) RG
6) RB/KR
7) P


I could live with that. IMO, I think we have a shot at getting the best CB, DE, or LB in the draft....all of which are needs.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 13th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10270
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
liontrax wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I'd like to see Reiff at RG for a game or 2.

I'd like:
1) DE
2) CB
3) S
FA 4) OLB
FA 5) RG
6) RB/KR
7) P



For me it would be:

1- CB or DE (looks like a good year for DE's depending on if the Jr's declare)
2- S or DE
3- S or DE or CB (whatever wasn't addressed in the previous rounds)
4- traded
5- was this the pick traded for Mike Thomas?
6- WR, KR, or G
7- WR, KR, or G

Mayhew needs to stop trading away the future!


The Thomas trade was a 2014 5th round pick

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


December 16th, 2012, 9:34 am
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 999
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
After today's debacle in the Arizona, maybe the best medicine would be trading back to acquire more picks, we have so many holes and alot of potential defections to free agency.


December 16th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3123
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
liontrax wrote:
After today's debacle in the Arizona, maybe the best medicine would be trading back to acquire more picks, we have so many holes and alot of potential defections to free agency.



Agreed. Teams are more likely to trade up now to get guys they want. While there will be no RG3 type of deal, we could still get more mid round picks to fill out this roster. Now if only Mayhew could hit on them.


December 17th, 2012, 12:54 pm
Profile
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 641
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
After seeing yesterday's game, my dream pick has changed to Luke Joeckel or Taylor Lewan, MUCH preferrably Joeckel.

_________________
Image


December 17th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
Shotty wrote:
After seeing yesterday's game, my dream pick has changed to Luke Joeckel or Taylor Lewan, MUCH preferrably Joeckel.


Saying that around here might get you shot! lol

I understand what you are saying though.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 17th, 2012, 4:51 pm
Profile
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 641
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
After seeing yesterday's game, my dream pick has changed to Luke Joeckel or Taylor Lewan, MUCH preferrably Joeckel.


Saying that around here might get you shot! lol

I understand what you are saying though.


People have their opinions, but I can honestly say I don't care if we take an offensive lineman in this upcoming first round and the three years' following first rounds if that's what it will take to get an offensive line good enough to hold up in big games.

_________________
Image


December 17th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
After seeing yesterday's game, my dream pick has changed to Luke Joeckel or Taylor Lewan, MUCH preferrably Joeckel.


Saying that around here might get you shot! lol

I understand what you are saying though.


People have their opinions, but I can honestly say I don't care if we take an offensive lineman in this upcoming first round and the three years' following first rounds if that's what it will take to get an offensive line good enough to hold up in big games.


I was just kidding anyway.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 17th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9764
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
I say our draft needs are this:

1. New OC
2. New DC
3. New HC
4. New GM
5. New Ownership

Not necessarily in that order.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


December 17th, 2012, 6:21 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
Shotty wrote:
After seeing yesterday's game, my dream pick has changed to Luke Joeckel or Taylor Lewan, MUCH preferrably Joeckel.


And to add, Joeckel will be gone when we pick anyway, and I wouldnt want Lewan with our 1st rounder.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 17th, 2012, 6:33 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 999
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
m2karateman wrote:
I say our draft needs are this:

1. New OC
2. New DC
3. New HC
4. New GM
5. New Ownership

Not necessarily in that order.


Feel your pain, but doubt anyone will be held accountable for this years disaster.


December 17th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 999
Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
liontrax wrote:
After today's debacle in the Arizona, maybe the best medicine would be trading back to acquire more picks, we have so many holes and alot of potential defections to free agency.



Agreed. Teams are more likely to trade up now to get guys they want. While there will be no RG3 type of deal, we could still get more mid round picks to fill out this roster. Now if only Mayhew could hit on them.



Yea, would be interesting to see what his batting average is, discounting high picks that were no-brainers.


December 17th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.