View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Greg Jennings 
QB Coach

Post Greg Jennings
Will Jennings be available? Do you think he'd be a good fit and tandom receiver with CJ?

Rumor has it, and he's reported on National News that he doesn't believe he'll be signed back with the Packers.

Thoughts?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 20th, 2012, 12:13 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Greg Jennings
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Will Jennings be available? Do you think he'd be a good fit and tandom receiver with CJ?

Rumor has it, and he's reported on National News that he doesn't believe he'll be signed back with the Packers.

Thoughts?

of course he d be a great fit. but does anyone seriously think this will happen? even if the lions got him, he d probably get hurt. it seems like every time they attempt to get that 2 great WR tandem together it fails. Bill Schroeder and Az Hakim - fail. Charles Rogers and Roy Williams - fail. Roy Williams and Mike Williams - fail. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson - close but Calvin was always getting hurt and then Roy got traded. Calvin and Burleson - not quite. Calvin and Titus - fail. Calvin and Broyles - 2nd ACL tear. Calvin and Jennings? maybe but optimism isnt flowing today

December 20th, 2012, 12:35 pm
I'd rather have Braylon, Massoquoi, or Hixon. I feel more comfortable about their injury history, their price tag will be 1/2 of what Jennings will get, and Jennings will probably end up back in GB.

December 20th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Team MVP

I dont want Braylon, then I'd have to hear all the UofM fans think were the greatest because we have an ex-Wolverine as one of our WR... :roll:

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 20th, 2012, 7:19 pm
Veteran General Manager

kdsberman wrote:
I dont want Braylon, then I'd have to hear all the UofM fans think were the greatest because we have an ex-Wolverine as one of our WR... :roll:

That is a sound basis for making decisions. NOT.

December 20th, 2012, 11:22 pm
kdsberman wrote:

Having a former top 10 pick play #2 WR for the Lions, after never realizing your potential isn't much to brag about. That said, I'd rather have either of the other two I mentioned. I think Edwards ends up staying in NY, and his drops and constant lack of concentration scare me. All in all, I think the guy is a valuable player, but we don't need another WR that drops a ton of easy catches.

December 20th, 2012, 11:54 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Wow man, you take things a little too serious.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 21st, 2012, 12:01 am
Veteran General Manager

kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Wow man, you take things a little too serious.

I didn't take it seriously. My response was sarcasm meant to come across as a joke. Thus the "NOT". Sorry you didn't get it. Poor attempt at humor on my part I guess.

December 21st, 2012, 12:48 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Like him. Can't afford him. Let's move on, shall we?

December 21st, 2012, 10:05 am
RIP Killer

With his recent injuries and his lack of playing in a contract year, he is more apt to get an incentive deal than a guaranteed deal. He's a good player, but it sure sounds like he wants to play for a winner rather than cabbage. He'd probably come cheaper than most people think, though.

December 21st, 2012, 10:44 am
RIP Killer

Why would we sign Jennings, don't we draft a WR in the second round every year under Mayhew. Hey, its progress, with Millen it was always in the first round...

December 21st, 2012, 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
Why would we sign Jennings, don't we draft a WR in the second round every year under Mayhew. Hey, its progress, with Millen it was always in the first round...

Gotta save those firsts for DTs :)

December 21st, 2012, 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]