View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Explain the Cowher Love 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Explain the Cowher Love
Didn't work with Sabah either. And that was only about 5 years ago

December 21st, 2012, 5:11 pm
Junior Varsity

I've often wondered about the crush everyone seems to have on Cowher as well. I'm asking because I don't know, but how many AFC title games did he lose AT HOME with the Steelers?

December 21st, 2012, 9:47 pm
Heisman Winner

WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
I've often wondered about the crush everyone seems to have on Cowher as well. I'm asking because I don't know, but how many AFC title games did he lose AT HOME with the Steelers?

How many playoffs have we even gotten too?

December 22nd, 2012, 9:10 am
RIP Killer

The steelers also have a good GM who drafts well, have a great tradition of winning so FAs want to go there, rarely are cash strapped, and have an owner who actually gives a damn. It's not all cowher, it's the organization as a whole. Don't give cowher all that credit.

December 22nd, 2012, 10:07 am
Stadium Announcer

Cowher went to like five afc championship games. He is a great coach with the right attitude to get this team in shape. And mike Tomlin is a damn good coach too. You can't just plug in joe shmo in Pit and have success. They just do a great job of picking coaches. I think they've only had 6 in history. I HATE pit but Cowher is the guy who could take us there. As far as Jeff Fischer I think he is a really good coach but he has given the league all he has already. I really hope we don't get gruden. I think he is so overrated. He took Dungys team to SB. Jim Caldwell did the same thing but I think everyone would agree he is a horrible coach. My list is
1.Cowher-Fix the attitude and defense get a good OC
2.Shwartz- Give him another year to improve and see if be can step up and learn from his mistakes. Hopefully get a new DC and scheme. Hate the wide 9
3. Chip Kelley- See what he can do great mind would need a good dc though

I am a buckeye and I love Tressel but I don't think he is a good fit for the nfl. Would love him coaching our special teams.

December 23rd, 2012, 8:42 am
National Champion

regularjoe12 wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:
I don't understand why people keep saying that Gruden is some kind of QB guru. He may know the position and what not but he's never even had a good QB. Who is even his best guy? Brad Johnson when they won the SB? That left handed QB from Texas who busted his spleen a few years ago? Say what you want but he's never had a top flight QB.

Rich Gannon was no slouch under Gruden.

Don't sell him short. Rich Gannon was a tremendous slouch. ;)

December 23rd, 2012, 8:42 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Hystrix wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:
I don't understand why people keep saying that Gruden is some kind of QB guru. He may know the position and what not but he's never even had a good QB. Who is even his best guy? Brad Johnson when they won the SB? That left handed QB from Texas who busted his spleen a few years ago? Say what you want but he's never had a top flight QB.

While that may be true, under Gruden he averaged over 25 tds a game and had a qb rating that averaged over 90. He also made our own Rodney Peete look pretty darned good when he was the OC for Philly.

It's true he took Dungy's team and won a Super Bowl, but lets not forget that that was something even Dungy's couldn't do, hence them "buying" Gruden from Oakland. And don't take away his credit for building Oakland up either.

I'm not calling him the 2nd coming,but he's a damn fine coach. The only legitimate issue with him is how his team performed after the ring. He may be a little Jeckle/Hyde ish...

December 23rd, 2012, 10:56 am
Mr. Irrelevant

regularjoe12 wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

While that may be true, under Gruden he averaged over 25 tds a game

That's a LOT of touchdowns per game lol :shock: :D

December 23rd, 2012, 1:09 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Footsoldier32 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

While that may be true, under Gruden he averaged over 25 tds a game

That's a LOT of touchdowns per game lol :shock: :D

DOH! Lol.

December 23rd, 2012, 1:33 pm
National Champion

regularjoe12 wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

While that may be true, under Gruden he averaged over 25 tds a game and had a qb rating that averaged over 90. He also made our own Rodney Peete look pretty darned good when he was the OC for Philly.

It's true he took Dungy's team and won a Super Bowl, but lets not forget that that was something even Dungy's couldn't do, hence them "buying" Gruden from Oakland. And don't take away his credit for building Oakland up either.

I'm not calling him the 2nd coming,but he's a damn fine coach. The only legitimate issue with him is how his team performed after the ring. He may be a little Jeckle/Hyde ish...

That was actually supposed to be more of a Caddy Shack reference/ joke. :D See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfZ9KTXK5sY @ about the 1:25 mark.

For the record. I have nothing against Rich Gannon. He definatly had a couple good years.

December 23rd, 2012, 8:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

at least cowher understands the importance of secondary play

PHUCK YOU SCHWARTZ

December 23rd, 2012, 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2