View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 A question for all u konz guys 
RIP Killer

Post Re: A question for all u konz guys
I don't get why raiola is getting bashed for being undersized and weak, but when someone that was hyped so much leading up to the draft like Konz plays OG and gets blown back repeatedly, it's ok because he's supposed to be a C?

I don't understand the logic, whether it be backup QB, backup C, backup backup LT, backup DE, etc. It's been this way among lions fans for years.

December 24th, 2012, 10:05 pm
conversion02 wrote:
I don't get why raiola is getting bashed for being undersized and weak, but when someone that was hyped so much leading up to the draft like Konz plays OG and gets blown back repeatedly, it's ok because he's supposed to be a C?

I don't understand the logic, whether it be backup QB, backup C, backup backup LT, backup DE, etc. It's been this way among lions fans for years.

OC's are supposed to "help" or "assist," they're not supposed to have to take on DTs one on one, that's the job of an OG. Kontz is weak for an OG, but he's plenty big/strong for an OC. He's currently playing out of position. He's 6'5", 315lbs., Dom is 6'1" and he's listed at 295, but I don't buy it. Last year he was listed at 286, and I don't know if you've ever seen the guy in person, but his legs look like toothpicks.

I'm not going to fault Kontz for getting pushed back as an OG, when he's not supposed to be playing OG. He's bigger and stronger than Peterman and Raiola, and he's a natural OC. I'd take his extra 25lbs, leverage, and arm length on our OL any day over Raiola. He's a 2nd round rookie that would be starting on our team, and we took a guy with a blown ACL instead, now his other knee is blown out, go figure...

Further, just like I said last year, Kontz would have saved us about $4 million in cap space next year, after we groomed him to take over for Dom. Instead, our plan seems to be to keep Dom (stupid idea), and groom Nagy, a guy that's never been able to stay healthy, to take over for him when he leaves. IMO it's unbelievable how irresponsible Mayhew is.

December 25th, 2012, 2:42 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:

Do you want to compare him to our center? Konz is a first year player who is playing a position he hasn't played in years. Raiola has been in the league a while. Konz is already bigger, will likely be stronger and is known for being highly intelligent. Konz is also much more cost effective at this stage. Raiola gets blown back, and so does Peterman. Getting Konz would have been an improvement in numerous ways. Getting Wiesnewski would have been the same from the 2011 draft. Instead, we took a player that now we are likely to trade or release this off-season because he has the maturity of a three year old and the intelligence of a sewer rat.

The Lions need to be addressing their "non skill" positions, or they'll be looking at another mediocre campaign in 2013.

December 28th, 2012, 10:06 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Do you want to compare him to our center? Konz is a first year player who is playing a position he hasn't played in years. Raiola has been in the league a while. Konz is already bigger, will likely be stronger and is known for being highly intelligent. Konz is also much more cost effective at this stage. Raiola gets blown back, and so does Peterman. Getting Konz would have been an improvement in numerous ways. Getting Wiesnewski would have been the same from the 2011 draft. Instead, we took a player that now we are likely to trade or release this off-season because he has the maturity of a three year old and the intelligence of a sewer rat.

The Lions need to be addressing their "non skill" positions, or they'll be looking at another mediocre campaign in 2013.

Well, Wiesnewski was picked before the lions were on the board anyway, BUT I'm sure they still wouldn't have drafted him and took the little child out of Boise st anyway.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 28th, 2012, 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5