View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lovie!?! 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Lovie!?!
If the Bears fans have their way, it looks like Lovie will be gone after this season. What would you think of him as our HC?

December 18th, 2012, 10:27 am
Team MVP

Post Re: Lovie!?!
Noooooooo!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 18th, 2012, 11:17 am
QB Coach

No no no no! Hell no! He is not a very good coach. Absolutely not.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 18th, 2012, 12:40 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Good way to stay in the cellar. Hire the cast off of a division rival? Come on, that's silly.

December 18th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Good way to stay in the cellar. Hire the cast off of a division rival? Come on, that's silly.

He has a nice winning percentage and his firing would be more to do with the new GM they hired last year. I think it could be a decent move (as long as he agrees not to bring Marinelli along).

December 18th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Lovie is a great guy and a mediocre coach. His old GM sucked, but hes been borderline fired for like 5 seasons, and the cutler trade was the only thing that extended his job last time. They have continuously underachieved under lovie, and id jump right off the ship if the Lions were dumb enough to hire him.

December 18th, 2012, 1:27 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

I wouldn't hire as a HC, but I'd think about it as a DC.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 18th, 2012, 1:39 pm
Lovie is a horrible coach, among the worst in the league. He, Tomlin and Schwartz would be in my bottom 5, for sure.

December 18th, 2012, 2:29 pm
Stadium Announcer

No, the only man fit enough for this job if schwartz is fired is John Gruden. yea, i said it, John Gruden. Dude would go on his knees in a heartbeat to coach a QB like Stafford and an offense that will have weapons next year. Our defense would suck(Tony Dungy built that defense, he merely directed it) but perhaps he could make us into the offensive powerhouse with balance ala new orleans saints style. He would also be similar to Schwartz with the fire, but hes experienced enough to not do the ridiculous things hes done, and he always had disciplined teams from what i can remember.

December 18th, 2012, 7:41 pm
QB Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

He has a nice winning percentage and his firing would be more to do with the new GM they hired last year. I think it could be a decent move (as long as he agrees not to bring Marinelli along).

Watch the decisions he makes during games. He continually bungles clock management, time out management, etc. Those are what the head coach handles. He has good coordinators (mostly) who handle the play calling and things, and he's had the benefit of top defensive talent for pretty much his entire time there. As has been said, his teams continually underachieve. He's not a good coach.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 18th, 2012, 10:35 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

Watch the decisions he makes during games. He continually bungles clock management, time out management, etc. Those are what the head coach handles. He has good coordinators (mostly) who handle the play calling and things, and he's had the benefit of top defensive talent for pretty much his entire time there. As has been said, his teams continually underachieve. He's not a good coach.

I disagree about Lovie. He regularly puts a playoff calibur team on the field year after year. They would have bumped us from the playoffs last year had they not lost their #1 qb's......and their#1 rb......oh and their #1 wr too. He took them to a SB with Kyle orton and Rex Grosman as his qb's.

He may not be the best coach out there, but to call him a bad coach? That's not at all accurate.

December 18th, 2012, 11:02 pm
Walk On

I would love Lovie as a D.C., maybe he can teach Lions D how to be opportunistic and we can win without offense sometimes.

December 18th, 2012, 11:02 pm
League MVP

I think Lovie is a good coach but not a great head coach. I d take him as a coordinator in a heart beat. He s probably better than Schwartz but not enough of an upgrade as a head coach.

December 19th, 2012, 12:34 am

Lovie's out.

December 31st, 2012, 12:08 pm

Lovies teams have missed the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years starting many of those seasons as SB Contenders and with a spectacular D and supposed franchise players like Cutler and Marshall on offense.

Never been impressed with him , even when they made the SB, and its been all downhill since then.

As someone said he constantly assembles Playoff Calibur teams.. and then misses the Playoffs. We can do that on our own as evidenced this year.

December 31st, 2012, 12:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next