View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lions RB situation 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions RB situation
Yeah.. Leshoure looked terrible yesterday... oh wait.. no he didnt.

Our RBs are fine other than we built the O to have a speedback and we dont have 1 on the roster (GMFAIL). Leshoure and Bell are both good and should be our primary back(s) for the next few years, but we do need a speed back still.

Our problem is our OC and OL. We Passblock good and runblock Bad. and we dont have the right OL players to RB well yet. Build the OL and we will avg the 120-150 yds per game which is all we need to win with Staff+CJ always available through the air.

December 31st, 2012, 1:08 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

DJ-B wrote:

Our RBs are fine other than we built the O to have a speedback and we dont have 1 on the roster (GMFAIL). Leshoure and Bell are both good and should be our primary back(s) for the next few years, but we do need a speed back still.

Our problem is our OC and OL. We Passblock good and runblock Bad. and we dont have the right OL players to RB well yet. Build the OL and we will avg the 120-150 yds per game which is all we need to win with Staff+CJ always available through the air.

I totally agree about the speed back. The offense rolled when the opposing defenses had to watch for Best turning a check down into a first down. The offense really needs a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles type back to fully run.

December 31st, 2012, 1:21 pm
Butkus Award Winner

rao wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I totally agree about the speed back. The offense rolled when the opposing defenses had to watch for Best turning a check down into a first down. The offense really needs a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles type back to fully run.

I've been saying this for a while now, and the thing is it doesn't even have to be a standout RB, just a very speedy one who can catch out of the backfield and hasn't had many injuries in his career.

December 31st, 2012, 2:35 pm

Quote:
Yeah.. Leshoure looked terrible yesterday... oh wait.. no he didnt

Ya.....he is'nt the most average back in the league who has a knack for fumbling at the worst possible moments......oh wait...yes he is.

we suck at run blocking but when he does get in the open field, what has he done? He might be better next season but right now(and yesterday), he's nothing more than a 3yrds & a cloud of dust RB.

December 31st, 2012, 2:45 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Shotty wrote:
rao wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I've been saying this for a while now, and the thing is it doesn't even have to be a standout RB, just a very speedy one who can catch out of the backfield and hasn't had many injuries in his career.

I still say that Shoelace is our man for the job.

December 31st, 2012, 3:12 pm

Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

Ya.....he is'nt the most average back in the league who has a knack for fumbling at the worst possible moments......oh wait...yes he is.

we suck at run blocking but when he does get in the open field, what has he done? He might be better next season but right now(and yesterday), he's nothing more than a 3yrds & a cloud of dust RB.

His overall Season average is just that average... on way below average run blocking Line. You can infer form that.. that his stats would be better than average if he had even an average OL. He is not the next AP, but he has proven that even coming back from a Major injury and missing the 1st 2 weeks due to suspension he improved as the year went on. Yesterday he made some moves none of us have seen yet this year and many may have assumed he didnt have in him anymore. He is still improving and by the end of next year we should know what we have with him. Replacing him isnt what we need to do to fix the run game. We need a Speed back and Better OL. If we dont get the speedback and dont upgrade the OL you could replace him with AP or another of the top 5 RBs and it would make almost no difference in the Running yardage IMO. Replaced Peterman and Dom and get a Fullback (OMG what a Novel concept... that Jerome Felton guy we thought was a turd made the PB this seaon on another team at FB) and Leshoure and Bell could both put up 800-1000 yds next season.

I dont know how you could of watched yesterdays game and not seen what Leshoure was bringing, but we are all entitled to our opinions.

December 31st, 2012, 3:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
rao wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I still say that Shoelace is our man for the job.

I wanna see what Michigan does with him tomorrow in the outback bowl before I say I would want him in the backfield. I'm a big Michigan fan and love how hard the kid plays, but I'm really not sure he has a position in the NFL. He should have always been a CB or WR and it could take him a while to transition to another position. He's a great athlete, but you can always find guys similar athletically that are already RBs and WRs.

December 31st, 2012, 3:35 pm
Heisman Winner

I think Leshoure is pretty decent. It was his first year back, lets give him another chance next year.

Heres an idea, poop can those shotgun runs. They never work and just result in fumbled deliveries. Obviously we need to throw some in but sometimes it seems like every run is out of that formation. Also every time we run it under center the run plays are soo predictable. Even if we are doing misdirection you can guess it.

December 31st, 2012, 4:29 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

DJ-B wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

His overall Season average is just that average... on way below average run blocking Line. You can infer form that.. that his stats would be better than average if he had even an average OL. He is not the next AP, but he has proven that even coming back from a Major injury and missing the 1st 2 weeks due to suspension he improved as the year went on. Yesterday he made some moves none of us have seen yet this year and many may have assumed he didnt have in him anymore. He is still improving and by the end of next year we should know what we have with him. Replacing him isnt what we need to do to fix the run game. We need a Speed back and Better OL. If we dont get the speedback and dont upgrade the OL you could replace him with AP or another of the top 5 RBs and it would make almost no difference in the Running yardage IMO. Replaced Peterman and Dom and get a Fullback (OMG what a Novel concept... that Jerome Felton guy we thought was a turd made the PB this seaon on another team at FB) and Leshoure and Bell could both put up 800-1000 yds next season.

I dont know how you could of watched yesterdays game and not seen what Leshoure was bringing, but we are all entitled to our opinions.

Oh my God. Well said. I don't understand how LeShoure is supposed to be this all world back if he's running behind a line like ours. Even AP would look like garbage behind this line. How can anyone expect LeShoure to do any damage when his run blocking is for sh!t? I think that he's shown with a little more improvement in his physical health, he would at least be a 1000 yard back. For the record, the last time that happened was Kevin Jones in 2004. God, I'd love to see a back run for 1200 for us but that isn't going to happen. Not with our line. Our backs ARE NOT the problem.

December 31st, 2012, 6:56 pm
QB Coach

Shoelace doesn't have the build for a RB, he is better suited to play a slot receiver role in the NFL. He's quick and shifty and can make people miss when he gets the ball. As a RB, he would get hurt taking the hits he would be prone to get in the NFL.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 31st, 2012, 7:30 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

DJ-B wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

3.7 ypa is pretty bad especially when teams are playing with 6 in the box on a regular basis. leshoure falls forward and made one guy miss yesterday - thats about all he did right. for the most part he only gets yards when the blocking is there but he really should be getting much more. his long run is 16 yards on the season and his long recept is 15 yards. he s the only player in the top 38 of NFL rushing yards without a 20 yard run. he is simply not a threat and is far far below average. maybe he ll get a little better bc of time since the injury but with his drug problems i wouldnt count on it. also ive seen him practice and he s unfocused, sloppy, cocky, lazy and not seemingly concerned with getting better in that setting.

December 31st, 2012, 8:14 pm

I personally like bell better, and i havent seen leshoure up close so appreciate the intel, but still dont think replacing leshoure is more important than replacing peterman/dom, and that was really the crux of my point.

December 31st, 2012, 8:18 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Footsoldier32 wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

Oh my God. Well said. I don't understand how LeShoure is supposed to be this all world back if he's running behind a line like ours. Even AP would look like garbage behind this line. How can anyone expect LeShoure to do any damage when his run blocking is for sh!t? I think that he's shown with a little more improvement in his physical health, he would at least be a 1000 yard back. For the record, the last time that happened was Kevin Jones in 2004. God, I'd love to see a back run for 1200 for us but that isn't going to happen. Not with our line. Our backs ARE NOT the problem.

who said all world? joique bell averaged 5 ypa to leshoure's 3.7 and in about half the touches had 5 plays over 20 yards while leshoure had no such plays? you think they brought out a different OL for Bell? in regards to your comments, leshoure looked totally healthy all season, he didnt look like he was playing in pain so yeah i know he had the achilles injury but his health is fine, he may get some explosion and lateral quickness back but he shows no ability to set up the blockers in front of him and minimal ability to change directions to make people miss and he also lacks vision and hesitates through a hole. he has good power but not enough to break tackles, just enough to fall forward. the OL could use help but mikel leshoure is not the answer.

December 31st, 2012, 8:21 pm

DJ-B wrote:
I personally like bell better, and i havent seen leshoure up close so appreciate the intel, but still dont think replacing leshoure is more important than replacing peterman/dom, and that was really the crux of my point.

well you have two guys in leshoure and bell with a pretty similar profile. leshoure is probably the only one that has any value in a trade bc of his pedigree as a 2nd rd pick from a DI school while Bell is an undrafted guy from DII who didnt get a carry until his 3rd NFL season. I d consider trading LeShoure and keeping Bell who is probably the more reliable if not better player anyway. extra draft picks are going to help this team a lot this offseason as they enter it with 24 unrestricted free agents and tight on salary cap space.

December 31st, 2012, 8:26 pm
QB Coach

Actually in watching the game yesterday I was watching Leshoure totally miss holes there were opened for him. It appears he has no vision to run the ball. The play in question was a hole opened up between Backus and the guard and it was HUGE, but Leshoure ran outside of Backus into the arms of the Bears and got stuffed for a two or three yarder.

He needs to lay off the smoke so he isn't so pie eyed, and THEN maybe he'll be able to see the holes; OR tape a stick to the back of his helmet with some weed hanging on a string in front of him, then he'll be running hard. But I'm sure he'll fumble the ball reaching for the bag....

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 31st, 2012, 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next