View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 2:17 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Getting ready for: Da Bearz Pt 2 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Getting ready for: Da Bearz Pt 2
wjb21ndtown wrote:
You do see the logical fallacy is stating that "every coach is going to say that about those guys," when your prior argument was "Coach said Fox is good, so it must be true," right?

I didn't say they said Fox was 'good,' only that he was figuring into their plans next year. Given our tackle/FA situation, I'd hardly say that's a far-fetched proposition.

December 31st, 2012, 10:49 am
League MVP

DJ-B wrote:
The Legend wrote:
if they had even the smallest bit of confidence in fox and reiff you would think they would be getting legitimate playing time in games to at least see if they may have a chance to start next year and help plan the offseason. what kind of team is 4-11 and goes down to the wire playing there veterans, what the f... do they have to lose at this point?

Their Jobs sadly,, sot hey are going to do whats best for them, not for the long term of the team. Operating your team scared is no better than playing scared. Ot leads nowhere good.

haha, well they lost them all anyway and they still have their jobs...if this was a respectable organization they would have came out and stood behind schwartz after they were eliminated at 4-8, and that would ve allowed mayhew to tell schwartz - hey give this guy or that guy some time we need some more intel to plan our offseason.

December 31st, 2012, 9:03 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
You do see the logical fallacy is stating that "every coach is going to say that about those guys," when your prior argument was "Coach said Fox is good, so it must be true," right?

I didn't say they said Fox was 'good,' only that he was figuring into their plans next year. Given our tackle/FA situation, I'd hardly say that's a far-fetched proposition.

My point is, you say that the coaches claim that Fox is part of the future plans, as if it's some sort of truth or golden rule, but then you come out and say that when they said that Culbreath and the other depth on the team were part of their future plans "it was just something that they had to say."

My point is, they have to say it about Fox too. It's no different.

Further, it's undeniable that Fox has a litany of prior injuries. I really don't think it's prudent for us to rely on him in any way, shape, or form, until he proves he can stay healthy. Increase his playing time? Sure. Trust him to play RT or RG consistently? No way...

January 2nd, 2013, 5:51 pm
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

My point is, you say that the coaches claim that Fox is part of the future plans, as if it's some sort of truth or golden rule, but then you come out and say that when they said that Culbreath and the other depth on the team were part of their future plans "it was just something that they had to say."

My point is, they have to say it about Fox too. It's no different.

Further, it's undeniable that Fox has a litany of prior injuries. I really don't think it's prudent for us to rely on him in any way, shape, or form, until he proves he can stay healthy. Increase his playing time? Sure. Trust him to play RT or RG consistently? No way...

totally agree. fox has 2 big things going against him - No 1 - nobody knows if he can play at a high level and No 2 - nobody knows if or for how long he can stay healthy

January 2nd, 2013, 7:11 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3