View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 7:46 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Dream Defensive Coordinator 
Post Re: Dream Defensive Coordinator
Backus' deal was severely backloaded, and we can save decent coin cutting him. That said, IMO Reif looked horrible at LT. I don't really see him being an NFL caliber LT, but that's the GM's vision for him, and I'd bet money that we stick with that vision despite his struggles. One thing our FO isn't good at is admitting mistakes and adjusting their game plan.

That said, Taylor Lewan is having a horrible day. He looks more like a 2nd round pick to me.

Given that we can save decent money by cutting Backus, I'd like to look at a FA LT if anyone decent is available.

January 1st, 2013, 4:05 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Backus' deal was severely backloaded, and we can save decent coin cutting him. That said, IMO Reif looked horrible at LT. I don't really see him being an NFL caliber LT, but that's the GM's vision for him, and I'd bet money that we stick with that vision despite his struggles. One thing our FO isn't good at is admitting mistakes and adjusting their game plan.

That said, Taylor Lewan is having a horrible day. He looks more like a 2nd round pick to me.

Given that we can save decent money by cutting Backus, I'd like to look at a FA LT if anyone decent is available.

Shhhh. Don't tell Michigan fans that Lewan will be a second day pick, they'll get all defensive.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 1st, 2013, 4:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:

I've only heard positive comments all game long, and clowney isnt doing poop against him. Am i missing something (i did have to run an errand for 10 minutes...)?

No idea where he will be picked, and dont want the Lions to take him, but to me he is making himself money today.

January 1st, 2013, 4:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I've only heard positive comments all game long, and clowney isnt doing poop against him. Am i missing something (i did have to run an errand for 10 minutes...)?

No idea where he will be picked, and dont want the Lions to take him, but to me he is making himself money today.

Are you watching the game, or listening to it? He got caught facemasking, he got a holding call, gave up a sack, and got away with a second facemask. He's having a bad day.

January 1st, 2013, 5:03 pm

Yeah, was forgetting the penalties (and the uncalled 1). definetly evens out his positive oplays vs Clowney. Still im not calling that horrible when you are play agaisnt 1 of the best DEs in the country (the rest of the D isnt too shabby either).

Im hoping Lewan goes back for another year, and actually think he could use it as much as UM could.

EDIT: Holy Crap JC is a beast. :/

January 1st, 2013, 5:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Physically Lewan matched up well with Clowney but Lewan did have a facemask, a hold and left the game with an injury for a while. Clowney beat him once or twice inside but it was mostly inconsequential and something that Borges took advantage of at times bc it made it easier for Lewan to seal the outside. The play where Vincent Smith's head came off was not at the expense of Lewan who was zone blocking away from Clowney. Overall it wasnt a very good game for Lewan but I doubt it affects his stock negatively because he showed he had the tools to match up with Clowney who looks like he projects to be a scary good impact NFL player.

January 1st, 2013, 10:50 pm
The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Physically Lewan matched up well with Clowney but Lewan did have a facemask, a hold and left the game with an injury for a while. Clowney beat him once or twice inside but it was mostly inconsequential and something that Borges took advantage of at times bc it made it easier for Lewan to seal the outside. The play where Vincent Smith's head came off was not at the expense of Lewan who was zone blocking away from Clowney. Overall it wasnt a very good game for Lewan but I doubt it affects his stock negatively because he showed he had the tools to match up with Clowney who looks like he projects to be a scary good impact NFL player.

I don't disagree, but Lewan also got away with a blatant facemask, and there was a sack (or it may have been ruled a tackle for loss if we were trying to run the ball) given up from the left side of the line too. It looked like Lewan was grossly over-matched physically, and had to hold, or grab hold of something just to have a chance at not letting Clowney by. IMO Lewan needs another year of development (physical development), before he's ready for the NFL.

He could come out this year, as he should be a mid-upper first round pick, but IMO another year in the NCAA will help not only his draft stock, but his career. If he comes out now, I can see him being one of those guys that gets "humbled" by the NFL, and never regains his confidence.

January 2nd, 2013, 5:36 pm

Can you guys move the Lewan debate to the draft forum and not the one about the defensive coordinator.

January 2nd, 2013, 8:13 pm
Modmin Dude

sweetd20 wrote:
Can you guys move the Lewan debate to the draft forum and not the one about the defensive coordinator.
We'll just lock this thread.....seems to me that a few of us have been having problems staying on topic lately. Yes, I realize conversations evolve, but when they move too far from the OT, then we have to get back on track.

January 3rd, 2013, 8:53 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3