View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 1:37 pm



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Eric wright likely to be cut by TB 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10328
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
http://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-cb- ... ing-block/

Wow, after that crazy deal they signed him to last year, they should can their GM

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 5th, 2013, 3:02 am
Profile
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
conversion02 wrote:
http://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-cb-eric-wright-on-the-chopping-block/

Wow, after that crazy deal they signed him to last year, they should can their GM


Really? It cost them nothing. Wright signed a huge deal, but it had no signing bonus. Wright never saw a dime of the "real money" that was in his deal. He played there last year for $725k, and it cost them nothing to release him. I'd say give THAT GUY A RAISE!

I wish we had a GM that was that intelligent.


January 5th, 2013, 7:38 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10328
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
If I understand it right, that's only because he got caught positive. If that wouldn't have been. The case, they would have still owed him the guaranteed money. All that guaranteed cash became voidable after the positive test.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 5th, 2013, 9:56 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7491
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
http://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-cb-eric-wright-on-the-chopping-block/

Wow, after that crazy deal they signed him to last year, they should can their GM


Really? It cost them nothing. Wright signed a huge deal, but it had no signing bonus. Wright never saw a dime of the "real money" that was in his deal. He played there last year for $725k, and it cost them nothing to release him. I'd say give THAT GUY A RAISE!

I wish we had a GM that was that intelligent.


What are you talking about. The article states that there was 15.5 Million in guarantees. About 7 Million was forfeited for his PED use. That is still 8.5 Million in guaranteed money.


January 5th, 2013, 10:37 pm
Profile
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
http://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-cb-eric-wright-on-the-chopping-block/

Wow, after that crazy deal they signed him to last year, they should can their GM


Really? It cost them nothing. Wright signed a huge deal, but it had no signing bonus. Wright never saw a dime of the "real money" that was in his deal. He played there last year for $725k, and it cost them nothing to release him. I'd say give THAT GUY A RAISE!

I wish we had a GM that was that intelligent.


What are you talking about. The article states that there was 15.5 Million in guarantees. About 7 Million was forfeited for his PED use. That is still 8.5 Million in guaranteed money.


He had no signing bonus, at all. There was no previously paid guaranteed money. His 2013 salary of $7+ million WAS guaranteed, but his suspension voided that portion of his contract. That's a pretty damn smart move by TB! Instead of giving him a bonus for SIGNING his contract they guaranteed his SALARY in 2012 and 2013, but they were able to void his 2013 salary (7.75 million dollars) because of bad conduct.


http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/11/26/36 ... antees-cut

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-bu ... ic-wright/

A simple google search would have cleared that up for you...


Contrast that with what the Lions did with Charles Rogers, we paid him a huge signing bonus, cut him, and then tried to sue him for the remaining portion (the remainder of the unused pro-rated portion) of his deal ($10.8 million), and never saw a dime of that money.

Great move by the Bucs. Kudos to the GM.


January 5th, 2013, 11:34 pm
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7491
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
http://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-cb-eric-wright-on-the-chopping-block/

Wow, after that crazy deal they signed him to last year, they should can their GM


Really? It cost them nothing. Wright signed a huge deal, but it had no signing bonus. Wright never saw a dime of the "real money" that was in his deal. He played there last year for $725k, and it cost them nothing to release him. I'd say give THAT GUY A RAISE!

I wish we had a GM that was that intelligent.


What are you talking about. The article states that there was 15.5 Million in guarantees. About 7 Million was forfeited for his PED use. That is still 8.5 Million in guaranteed money.


He had no signing bonus, at all. There was no previously paid guaranteed money. His 2013 salary of $7+ million WAS guaranteed, but his suspension voided that portion of his contract. That's a pretty damn smart move by TB! Instead of giving him a bonus for SIGNING his contract they guaranteed his SALARY in 2012 and 2013, but they were able to void his 2013 salary (7.75 million dollars) because of bad conduct.


http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/11/26/36 ... antees-cut

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-bu ... ic-wright/

A simple google search would have cleared that up for you...


Contrast that with what the Lions did with Charles Rogers, we paid him a huge signing bonus, cut him, and then tried to sue him for the remaining portion (the remainder of the unused pro-rated portion) of his deal ($10.8 million), and never saw a dime of that money.

Great move by the Bucs. Kudos to the GM.


I didn't "GOOGLE" anything because I commented on the article that was already referenced. And he did not forfeit the entire 15.5 Million. He only forfeited the remaining 7 Million. He was already paid out 8.5 Million of his signing bonus.


January 6th, 2013, 12:32 am
Profile
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
](*,)

Billy, you're wrong.

Read the two links I posted. There was no signing bonus paid. "Guaranteed money" is not a signing bonus.


January 6th, 2013, 12:35 am
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7491
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
Again. What part of, "I was commenting on the article that was previously posted" didn't you understand?


January 6th, 2013, 12:37 am
Profile
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
BillySims wrote:
Again. What part of, "I was commenting on the article that was previously posted" didn't you understand?


The article that was previously posted does not say anywhere that Wright received $8.5 million last season, or ever from the Bucs. All it said was:

"Wright was inactive for the team’s final game of the season, despite the fact that he was signed to a ridiculous five-year deal worth $38 million that included $15.5 million guarantees. Wright was suspended for four-games this season for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs, but the good news for the team is that this voided the $7.5 million in guarantees that he had coming to him next season, according to Stroud.

Pro Football Focus rated Wright as the No. 104 best cornerback in the league out of 109 qualifying players, which is why we were fairly critical of the deal last year. Cornerback figures to be at the top of their to-do list this offseason."

No where in there does it say that he's getting the other $8.5, no where. No where else online or otherwise suggests he got the $8.5 or is due the other $8.5 either. All accounts that I've seen are that ALL of the guaranteed money was and is void. You're INFERRING that $8.5 was paid, because it says that it voided "$7.5" (which isn't even accurate, it's $7.75) in guarantees that he had coming NEXT SEASON. What it doesn't go on to say (likely because the writer is an idiot, like I said, he already got the $7.75 number wrong) is that the other $8.5 was voided too.


January 6th, 2013, 12:48 am
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7491
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Again. What part of, "I was commenting on the article that was previously posted" didn't you understand?


The article that was previously posted does not say anywhere that Wright received $8.5 million last season, or ever from the Bucs. All it said was:

"Wright was inactive for the team’s final game of the season, despite the fact that he was signed to a ridiculous five-year deal worth $38 million that included $15.5 million guarantees. Wright was suspended for four-games this season for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs, but the good news for the team is that this voided the $7.5 million in guarantees that he had coming to him next season, according to Stroud.

Pro Football Focus rated Wright as the No. 104 best cornerback in the league out of 109 qualifying players, which is why we were fairly critical of the deal last year. Cornerback figures to be at the top of their to-do list this offseason."

No where in there does it say that he's getting the other $8.5, no where. No where else online or otherwise suggests he got the $8.5 or is due the other $8.5 either. All accounts that I've seen are that ALL of the guaranteed money was and is void. You're INFERRING that $8.5 was paid, because it says that it voided "$7.5" (which isn't even accurate, it's $7.75) in guarantees that he had coming NEXT SEASON. What it doesn't go on to say (likely because the writer is an idiot, like I said, he already got the $7.75 number wrong) is that the other $8.5 was voided too.


Well, I am not claiming that the author is right. Nor am I claiming he is wrong. But, based on what he wrote, There is 8.5 million in guarantees that were not voided.


January 6th, 2013, 1:07 am
Profile
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
Hahaha... Oh geez...

"Some men, you just can't reach..."


January 6th, 2013, 1:18 am
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2815
Post Re: Eric wright likely to be cut by TB
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/cont ... -game-bucs

Nope, can't reach em... Should have tried arithmetic.

From the above linked article:
Quote:
Wright signed a five-year, $37.5-million contract as a free agent with the Bucs last March. He had guarantees of $7.25-million in 2012 and $7.75-million in 2013.


From Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4198/eric-wright
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times believes CB Eric Wright has played his last snap with the Buccaneers.
If so, he'll end up as a one-year, $7.25 million rental.


So 725k is < 7.25 million. He might have cost 725k against the cap, but the 7.25million was his guaranteed salary in 2012. And even if they voided the remaining, the 7.25million is going to count against the cap as soon as he's cut.

Edit - Spotrac is wrong on the numbers. Even they list 15.5 in guarantees. The .5 is the workout bonus. 7.75 is 2013 (voided) and 7.25 is 2012. 1.8 got voided because of suspension. They're still on the hook for 5.45.


January 6th, 2013, 2:15 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.