View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 8:22 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bama or ND? 

Who do you think will win the National Championship and why?
1. Notre Dame 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
2. Alabama 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7

 Bama or ND? 
Author Message
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Bama or ND?
Is ND truly elite?

Should ND get involved in a REAL football conference?

Is it fair that ND's money and notoriety have brought them to the NC game, even though schools like Boise St. who have consecutive undefeated seasons, struggle to get into a BCS bowl game?

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


December 4th, 2012, 9:31 am
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 774
Post Re: Bama or ND?
ND is for real. I didn't believe the hype until I say that defense and I was very impressed. They 100% deserve to be in the National Championship game and a comparison to Boise State is simply crazy, Boise rarely play a top 25 team, ND had a brutal schedule this year and won every game.

That said I think Bama wins the NC game 17-10, they just simply cheat better than any other team.


December 4th, 2012, 10:41 am
Profile
Post Re: Bama or ND?
It's not even going to be a game.

Bama by 2TDs or better.


December 4th, 2012, 1:09 pm
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Bama or ND?
I'm sorry but unless you're the SEC, SOS doesn't really mean diddly.

The Big 10 now play 3 out of conference cup cake games because of the divisional splits (I believe that's the reason) and so have gone soft on their schedules.

But ND played, a rebuilding MSU, U of M, soft BC, Wake Forrest (REALLY?), Pitt (ANOTHER REALLY?), Oklahoma, Navy (Traditional REALLY?), Perpetually Struggling Purdue, Rebuilding Miami, Stanford (new QB) and so on.

ND'd defense is good, but not good enough for the likes of Bama, or any school that is multithreat. Their offense is up and coming, but the thing that unnerves me is how their money buys them the notoriety. Saturday primetimes are bought, and they left the Big 10 because they didn't like splitting the pot. The fans in my area are UNREAL, and I'm hoping for another embarassment like Oregon did to them a few years ago.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


December 4th, 2012, 1:38 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3124
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Bama or ND?
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm sorry but unless you're the SEC, SOS doesn't really mean diddly.

The Big 10 now play 3 out of conference cup cake games because of the divisional splits (I believe that's the reason) and so have gone soft on their schedules.

But ND played, a rebuilding MSU, U of M, soft BC, Wake Forrest (REALLY?), Pitt (ANOTHER REALLY?), Oklahoma, Navy (Traditional REALLY?), Perpetually Struggling Purdue, Rebuilding Miami, Stanford (new QB) and so on.

ND'd defense is good, but not good enough for the likes of Bama, or any school that is multithreat. Their offense is up and coming, but the thing that unnerves me is how their money buys them the notoriety. Saturday primetimes are bought, and they left the Big 10 because they didn't like splitting the pot. The fans in my area are UNREAL, and I'm hoping for another embarassment like Oregon did to them a few years ago.

How does SOS not mean anything outside of the SEC? A team either plays tough competition or not. Also, I mentioned this in another thread as well, but you're unfairly dismissing the teams they played. Are some cupcakes? Absolutely, just like on everyone else's schedule. But Oklahoma, Stanford, and USA are all good teams. UM and MSU are not pushovers. The rest are all lower level teams. But upsets happen too, and teams get amped to play a highly ranked team, especially one with a lot of tradition like ND, UM, Alabama, USC, etc.

Also, your comments about money are correct. They get a ton of it, from NBC. Why would they want to join the Big Ten, especially if your comments about everything outside the SEC not counting for SOS? Wouldn't it hurt them to take less money and be forced to play in a weaker conference? Also, when did they ever "leave" the Big Ten? They were never part of it. They tried to join the Big 10 in the early 1900's but Fielding Yost at UM protested and essentially blocked it. So, in reality the fact that ND is not part of the Big Ten is actually UM's fault. Ironic huh?

Anyway, in my opinion yes ND is for real. And I agree that the comparisons to Boise St. are not rooted in reality at all. When Boise has had a chance to play big time teams, they usually don't win. The one big exception was the Oklahoma game in 2006. Other than that, the truly elite level teams they've played have generally beaten them. Also, if you think ND plays a weak schedule, then how can you say Boise deserves a shot with their schedule? Consistency man...

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


December 5th, 2012, 3:25 am
Profile
Post Re: Bama or ND?
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm sorry but unless you're the SEC, SOS doesn't really mean diddly.

The Big 10 now play 3 out of conference cup cake games because of the divisional splits (I believe that's the reason) and so have gone soft on their schedules.

But ND played, a rebuilding MSU, U of M, soft BC, Wake Forrest (REALLY?), Pitt (ANOTHER REALLY?), Oklahoma, Navy (Traditional REALLY?), Perpetually Struggling Purdue, Rebuilding Miami, Stanford (new QB) and so on.

ND'd defense is good, but not good enough for the likes of Bama, or any school that is multithreat. Their offense is up and coming, but the thing that unnerves me is how their money buys them the notoriety. Saturday primetimes are bought, and they left the Big 10 because they didn't like splitting the pot. The fans in my area are UNREAL, and I'm hoping for another embarassment like Oregon did to them a few years ago.

How does SOS not mean anything outside of the SEC? A team either plays tough competition or not. Also, I mentioned this in another thread as well, but you're unfairly dismissing the teams they played. Are some cupcakes? Absolutely, just like on everyone else's schedule. But Oklahoma, Stanford, and USA are all good teams. UM and MSU are not pushovers. The rest are all lower level teams. But upsets happen too, and teams get amped to play a highly ranked team, especially one with a lot of tradition like ND, UM, Alabama, USC, etc.

Also, your comments about money are correct. They get a ton of it, from NBC. Why would they want to join the Big Ten, especially if your comments about everything outside the SEC not counting for SOS? Wouldn't it hurt them to take less money and be forced to play in a weaker conference? Also, when did they ever "leave" the Big Ten? They were never part of it. They tried to join the Big 10 in the early 1900's but Fielding Yost at UM protested and essentially blocked it. So, in reality the fact that ND is not part of the Big Ten is actually UM's fault. Ironic huh?

Anyway, in my opinion yes ND is for real. And I agree that the comparisons to Boise St. are not rooted in reality at all. When Boise has had a chance to play big time teams, they usually don't win. The one big exception was the Oklahoma game in 2006. Other than that, the truly elite level teams they've played have generally beaten them. Also, if you think ND plays a weak schedule, then how can you say Boise deserves a shot with their schedule? Consistency man...


Wonna wager?


December 5th, 2012, 11:59 am
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 774
Post Re: Bama or ND?
Bama's offense is not that good. ND D will do well against them which is why I think it will be a fairly low scoring game, you may only see one offensive TD by both teams. Still sticking with 17-10 Bama.


December 5th, 2012, 12:02 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3124
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Bama or ND?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm sorry but unless you're the SEC, SOS doesn't really mean diddly.

The Big 10 now play 3 out of conference cup cake games because of the divisional splits (I believe that's the reason) and so have gone soft on their schedules.

But ND played, a rebuilding MSU, U of M, soft BC, Wake Forrest (REALLY?), Pitt (ANOTHER REALLY?), Oklahoma, Navy (Traditional REALLY?), Perpetually Struggling Purdue, Rebuilding Miami, Stanford (new QB) and so on.

ND'd defense is good, but not good enough for the likes of Bama, or any school that is multithreat. Their offense is up and coming, but the thing that unnerves me is how their money buys them the notoriety. Saturday primetimes are bought, and they left the Big 10 because they didn't like splitting the pot. The fans in my area are UNREAL, and I'm hoping for another embarassment like Oregon did to them a few years ago.

How does SOS not mean anything outside of the SEC? A team either plays tough competition or not. Also, I mentioned this in another thread as well, but you're unfairly dismissing the teams they played. Are some cupcakes? Absolutely, just like on everyone else's schedule. But Oklahoma, Stanford, and USA are all good teams. UM and MSU are not pushovers. The rest are all lower level teams. But upsets happen too, and teams get amped to play a highly ranked team, especially one with a lot of tradition like ND, UM, Alabama, USC, etc.

Also, your comments about money are correct. They get a ton of it, from NBC. Why would they want to join the Big Ten, especially if your comments about everything outside the SEC not counting for SOS? Wouldn't it hurt them to take less money and be forced to play in a weaker conference? Also, when did they ever "leave" the Big Ten? They were never part of it. They tried to join the Big 10 in the early 1900's but Fielding Yost at UM protested and essentially blocked it. So, in reality the fact that ND is not part of the Big Ten is actually UM's fault. Ironic huh?

Anyway, in my opinion yes ND is for real. And I agree that the comparisons to Boise St. are not rooted in reality at all. When Boise has had a chance to play big time teams, they usually don't win. The one big exception was the Oklahoma game in 2006. Other than that, the truly elite level teams they've played have generally beaten them. Also, if you think ND plays a weak schedule, then how can you say Boise deserves a shot with their schedule? Consistency man...


Wonna wager?

Do I want to? Sure. Can I? Nope. Just got married, so paying off a wedding. Currently not working (moved with my wife to Indonesia for her job and I don't have a work visa). So, money is kinda tight at the moment. Luckily cost of living here is low, but I don't have the means to be making bets right now.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


December 5th, 2012, 11:20 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3755
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Bama or ND?
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm sorry but unless you're the SEC, SOS doesn't really mean diddly.

The Big 10 now play 3 out of conference cup cake games because of the divisional splits (I believe that's the reason) and so have gone soft on their schedules.

But ND played, a rebuilding MSU, U of M, soft BC, Wake Forrest (REALLY?), Pitt (ANOTHER REALLY?), Oklahoma, Navy (Traditional REALLY?), Perpetually Struggling Purdue, Rebuilding Miami, Stanford (new QB) and so on.

ND'd defense is good, but not good enough for the likes of Bama, or any school that is multithreat. Their offense is up and coming, but the thing that unnerves me is how their money buys them the notoriety. Saturday primetimes are bought, and they left the Big 10 because they didn't like splitting the pot. The fans in my area are UNREAL, and I'm hoping for another embarassment like Oregon did to them a few years ago.

How does SOS not mean anything outside of the SEC? A team either plays tough competition or not. Also, I mentioned this in another thread as well, but you're unfairly dismissing the teams they played. Are some cupcakes? Absolutely, just like on everyone else's schedule. But Oklahoma, Stanford, and USA are all good teams. UM and MSU are not pushovers. The rest are all lower level teams. But upsets happen too, and teams get amped to play a highly ranked team, especially one with a lot of tradition like ND, UM, Alabama, USC, etc.

Also, your comments about money are correct. They get a ton of it, from NBC. Why would they want to join the Big Ten, especially if your comments about everything outside the SEC not counting for SOS? Wouldn't it hurt them to take less money and be forced to play in a weaker conference? Also, when did they ever "leave" the Big Ten? They were never part of it. They tried to join the Big 10 in the early 1900's but Fielding Yost at UM protested and essentially blocked it. So, in reality the fact that ND is not part of the Big Ten is actually UM's fault. Ironic huh?

Anyway, in my opinion yes ND is for real. And I agree that the comparisons to Boise St. are not rooted in reality at all. When Boise has had a chance to play big time teams, they usually don't win. The one big exception was the Oklahoma game in 2006. Other than that, the truly elite level teams they've played have generally beaten them. Also, if you think ND plays a weak schedule, then how can you say Boise deserves a shot with their schedule? Consistency man...


Wonna wager?

Do I want to? Sure. Can I? Nope. Just got married, so paying off a wedding. Currently not working (moved with my wife to Indonesia for her job and I don't have a work visa). So, money is kinda tight at the moment. Luckily cost of living here is low, but I don't have the means to be making bets right now.



SHENNANNIGANNS!!! Sig bets are free! Look at embarrassing thing I have to wear for another 6 weeks!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


December 6th, 2012, 12:09 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3124
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Bama or ND?
regularjoe12 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Wonna wager?

Do I want to? Sure. Can I? Nope. Just got married, so paying off a wedding. Currently not working (moved with my wife to Indonesia for her job and I don't have a work visa). So, money is kinda tight at the moment. Luckily cost of living here is low, but I don't have the means to be making bets right now.



SHENNANNIGANNS!!! Sig bets are free! Look at embarrassing thing I have to wear for another 6 weeks!

Ah true. I was only thinking of money. I'm down for a sig bet or something like that.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


December 6th, 2012, 2:27 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Bama or ND?
My mistake, having grown up listening to the ND Michigan games, I assumed they were a part of the Big 10.

My comparison with Boise St. wasn't so much in regards to their schedule as it was about Boise St. struggling to get a bowl game nod. So I probably didn't clarify it enough.

ND's money is what get's them the games. Playing substandard teams should automatically withdrawl you from NC consideration, but this is ND, and they have the Touch Down Jesus, and a majority of Catholics supporting them.

It makes me nauseous, living in the shadow of the Golden Dome. Case in point: ND played Michigan at home, and it was a close game (ty willingham years) ND ran a pass play that happened to go into the corner of the endzone for a TD, and the local media interviewed a Priest in training. This man was absolutely unreal!!!! "I sprinkled holy water in this corner of the endzone, and the very next play THEY THREW A TOUCHDOWN RIGHT IN THAT CORNER!!! Oh my God, Oh my God!" This is the same University who's fans chanted "Bastard" at a Men's basketball game, when they played Cincinnati, who's star player was born out of wedlock. The padres down front didn't do a single thing about it, and had I been the head collar, the student body would have been dismissed from the game, and if allowed, I'd of forfeited the game on the principle alone.

Yeah, the insanity wears on you a bit down here, so that's probably what's colored my viewpoint. But at least I can say, it's a MICHIGAN coach leading the team, even if he was Central Michigan.... :P

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


December 6th, 2012, 10:09 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2279
Post Re: Bama or ND?
I wants ND to win because I hate Bama.

I Think it will be low scoring but Bama will win by 10+ pts because even though both Ds are good... Bama D >>>>> ND O more than ND D > Bama O.

Also, ND lucked their way into this game with the Pitt Kicker giving it to them missing a chipshot.. AND being awarded the Victory agaisnt Stanford when they shouldnt have been.

As it stands they are undefeated and get to play in the title game, but there are at least 2-3 teams more deserving and that would put up a better fight vs Bama.

Then again, thats why they play the game.


December 31st, 2012, 1:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2631
Post Re: Bama or ND?
Why didn't I have the balls to make a run over to Windsor? #-o

ND almost lost to both USC and Michigan. USC had a terrible year, and Michigan was destroyed by Bama.


January 7th, 2013, 10:29 pm
Profile
Online
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3569
Location: WSU
Post Re: Bama or ND?
Blueskies wrote:
Why didn't I have the balls to make a run over to Windsor? #-o

ND almost lost to both USC and Michigan. USC had a terrible year, and Michigan was destroyed by Bama.


can u make sports bets in windsor? that is very dangerous information for me to have...

anyone thats not a ND fan knew that they didnt belong in this game


January 8th, 2013, 12:11 am
Profile
Post Re: Bama or ND?
The Legend wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Why didn't I have the balls to make a run over to Windsor? #-o

ND almost lost to both USC and Michigan. USC had a terrible year, and Michigan was destroyed by Bama.


can u make sports bets in windsor? that is very dangerous information for me to have...

anyone thats not a ND fan knew that they didnt belong in this game


Yes


January 8th, 2013, 12:37 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.