View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bama or ND? 

Who do you think will win the National Championship and why?
1. Notre Dame 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
2. Alabama 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7

Bama or ND? 
QB Coach

Post Bama or ND?
Is ND truly elite?

Should ND get involved in a REAL football conference?

Is it fair that ND's money and notoriety have brought them to the NC game, even though schools like Boise St. who have consecutive undefeated seasons, struggle to get into a BCS bowl game?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 4th, 2012, 9:31 am
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Bama or ND?
ND is for real. I didn't believe the hype until I say that defense and I was very impressed. They 100% deserve to be in the National Championship game and a comparison to Boise State is simply crazy, Boise rarely play a top 25 team, ND had a brutal schedule this year and won every game.

That said I think Bama wins the NC game 17-10, they just simply cheat better than any other team.

December 4th, 2012, 10:41 am
It's not even going to be a game.

Bama by 2TDs or better.

December 4th, 2012, 1:09 pm
QB Coach

I'm sorry but unless you're the SEC, SOS doesn't really mean diddly.

The Big 10 now play 3 out of conference cup cake games because of the divisional splits (I believe that's the reason) and so have gone soft on their schedules.

But ND played, a rebuilding MSU, U of M, soft BC, Wake Forrest (REALLY?), Pitt (ANOTHER REALLY?), Oklahoma, Navy (Traditional REALLY?), Perpetually Struggling Purdue, Rebuilding Miami, Stanford (new QB) and so on.

ND'd defense is good, but not good enough for the likes of Bama, or any school that is multithreat. Their offense is up and coming, but the thing that unnerves me is how their money buys them the notoriety. Saturday primetimes are bought, and they left the Big 10 because they didn't like splitting the pot. The fans in my area are UNREAL, and I'm hoping for another embarassment like Oregon did to them a few years ago.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 4th, 2012, 1:38 pm
QB Coach

WarEr4Christ wrote:

The Big 10 now play 3 out of conference cup cake games because of the divisional splits (I believe that's the reason) and so have gone soft on their schedules.

But ND played, a rebuilding MSU, U of M, soft BC, Wake Forrest (REALLY?), Pitt (ANOTHER REALLY?), Oklahoma, Navy (Traditional REALLY?), Perpetually Struggling Purdue, Rebuilding Miami, Stanford (new QB) and so on.

ND'd defense is good, but not good enough for the likes of Bama, or any school that is multithreat. Their offense is up and coming, but the thing that unnerves me is how their money buys them the notoriety. Saturday primetimes are bought, and they left the Big 10 because they didn't like splitting the pot. The fans in my area are UNREAL, and I'm hoping for another embarassment like Oregon did to them a few years ago.

How does SOS not mean anything outside of the SEC? A team either plays tough competition or not. Also, I mentioned this in another thread as well, but you're unfairly dismissing the teams they played. Are some cupcakes? Absolutely, just like on everyone else's schedule. But Oklahoma, Stanford, and USA are all good teams. UM and MSU are not pushovers. The rest are all lower level teams. But upsets happen too, and teams get amped to play a highly ranked team, especially one with a lot of tradition like ND, UM, Alabama, USC, etc.

Also, your comments about money are correct. They get a ton of it, from NBC. Why would they want to join the Big Ten, especially if your comments about everything outside the SEC not counting for SOS? Wouldn't it hurt them to take less money and be forced to play in a weaker conference? Also, when did they ever "leave" the Big Ten? They were never part of it. They tried to join the Big 10 in the early 1900's but Fielding Yost at UM protested and essentially blocked it. So, in reality the fact that ND is not part of the Big Ten is actually UM's fault. Ironic huh?

Anyway, in my opinion yes ND is for real. And I agree that the comparisons to Boise St. are not rooted in reality at all. When Boise has had a chance to play big time teams, they usually don't win. The one big exception was the Oklahoma game in 2006. Other than that, the truly elite level teams they've played have generally beaten them. Also, if you think ND plays a weak schedule, then how can you say Boise deserves a shot with their schedule? Consistency man...

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 5th, 2012, 3:25 am
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

How does SOS not mean anything outside of the SEC? A team either plays tough competition or not. Also, I mentioned this in another thread as well, but you're unfairly dismissing the teams they played. Are some cupcakes? Absolutely, just like on everyone else's schedule. But Oklahoma, Stanford, and USA are all good teams. UM and MSU are not pushovers. The rest are all lower level teams. But upsets happen too, and teams get amped to play a highly ranked team, especially one with a lot of tradition like ND, UM, Alabama, USC, etc.

Also, your comments about money are correct. They get a ton of it, from NBC. Why would they want to join the Big Ten, especially if your comments about everything outside the SEC not counting for SOS? Wouldn't it hurt them to take less money and be forced to play in a weaker conference? Also, when did they ever "leave" the Big Ten? They were never part of it. They tried to join the Big 10 in the early 1900's but Fielding Yost at UM protested and essentially blocked it. So, in reality the fact that ND is not part of the Big Ten is actually UM's fault. Ironic huh?

Anyway, in my opinion yes ND is for real. And I agree that the comparisons to Boise St. are not rooted in reality at all. When Boise has had a chance to play big time teams, they usually don't win. The one big exception was the Oklahoma game in 2006. Other than that, the truly elite level teams they've played have generally beaten them. Also, if you think ND plays a weak schedule, then how can you say Boise deserves a shot with their schedule? Consistency man...

Wonna wager?

December 5th, 2012, 11:59 am
Heisman Winner

Bama's offense is not that good. ND D will do well against them which is why I think it will be a fairly low scoring game, you may only see one offensive TD by both teams. Still sticking with 17-10 Bama.

December 5th, 2012, 12:02 pm
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Wonna wager?

Do I want to? Sure. Can I? Nope. Just got married, so paying off a wedding. Currently not working (moved with my wife to Indonesia for her job and I don't have a work visa). So, money is kinda tight at the moment. Luckily cost of living here is low, but I don't have the means to be making bets right now.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 5th, 2012, 11:20 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Wonna wager?

Do I want to? Sure. Can I? Nope. Just got married, so paying off a wedding. Currently not working (moved with my wife to Indonesia for her job and I don't have a work visa). So, money is kinda tight at the moment. Luckily cost of living here is low, but I don't have the means to be making bets right now.

SHENNANNIGANNS!!! Sig bets are free! Look at embarrassing thing I have to wear for another 6 weeks!

December 6th, 2012, 12:09 am
QB Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Wonna wager?

SHENNANNIGANNS!!! Sig bets are free! Look at embarrassing thing I have to wear for another 6 weeks!

Ah true. I was only thinking of money. I'm down for a sig bet or something like that.

December 6th, 2012, 2:27 am
QB Coach

My mistake, having grown up listening to the ND Michigan games, I assumed they were a part of the Big 10.

My comparison with Boise St. wasn't so much in regards to their schedule as it was about Boise St. struggling to get a bowl game nod. So I probably didn't clarify it enough.

ND's money is what get's them the games. Playing substandard teams should automatically withdrawl you from NC consideration, but this is ND, and they have the Touch Down Jesus, and a majority of Catholics supporting them.

It makes me nauseous, living in the shadow of the Golden Dome. Case in point: ND played Michigan at home, and it was a close game (ty willingham years) ND ran a pass play that happened to go into the corner of the endzone for a TD, and the local media interviewed a Priest in training. This man was absolutely unreal!!!! "I sprinkled holy water in this corner of the endzone, and the very next play THEY THREW A TOUCHDOWN RIGHT IN THAT CORNER!!! Oh my God, Oh my God!" This is the same University who's fans chanted "Bastard" at a Men's basketball game, when they played Cincinnati, who's star player was born out of wedlock. The padres down front didn't do a single thing about it, and had I been the head collar, the student body would have been dismissed from the game, and if allowed, I'd of forfeited the game on the principle alone.

Yeah, the insanity wears on you a bit down here, so that's probably what's colored my viewpoint. But at least I can say, it's a MICHIGAN coach leading the team, even if he was Central Michigan.... :P

December 6th, 2012, 10:09 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I wants ND to win because I hate Bama.

I Think it will be low scoring but Bama will win by 10+ pts because even though both Ds are good... Bama D >>>>> ND O more than ND D > Bama O.

Also, ND lucked their way into this game with the Pitt Kicker giving it to them missing a chipshot.. AND being awarded the Victory agaisnt Stanford when they shouldnt have been.

As it stands they are undefeated and get to play in the title game, but there are at least 2-3 teams more deserving and that would put up a better fight vs Bama.

Then again, thats why they play the game.

December 31st, 2012, 1:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Why didn't I have the balls to make a run over to Windsor? #-o

ND almost lost to both USC and Michigan. USC had a terrible year, and Michigan was destroyed by Bama.

January 7th, 2013, 10:29 pm
League MVP

Blueskies wrote:

ND almost lost to both USC and Michigan. USC had a terrible year, and Michigan was destroyed by Bama.

can u make sports bets in windsor? that is very dangerous information for me to have...

anyone thats not a ND fan knew that they didnt belong in this game

January 8th, 2013, 12:11 am
The Legend wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

can u make sports bets in windsor? that is very dangerous information for me to have...

anyone thats not a ND fan knew that they didnt belong in this game

Yes

January 8th, 2013, 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next