View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next
 Off-Season Moves 
National Champion

Post Re: Off-Season Moves
Shotty wrote:
Rob Ryan got fired. RR for DC?

Ugh. No. Just no.

He said he'll be out of work "for like 5 minutes." I hope he dose find work...at McDonalds. What a douchebag.

January 9th, 2013, 11:43 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The Lions don't have room for a Ryan sideshow or ego, no matter how good he is as a coordinator. If rather see Pagano from the Chargers if they were to replace Gun.

While we're talking coordinators I wouldn't mind them looking at Modkins, the Bills offensive coordinator that was let go with Gailey. He did a lot as far as getting production from average at best overall talent that the Bills had on offense.

January 9th, 2013, 11:53 am
Team MVP

Nothing against any of your ideas, but for me Im not even thinking of what it would be like with so and so as our OC or DC. Im unfortunately convinced that Linehan and Gunther are going nowhere. Detroit Lions 2013 Football..back to running 3 times in a row at the goal line and Wide-9 to the end of regulation...woohoo!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 9th, 2013, 12:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Our problem isnt running at the goal-line, hell had they done that we might have won 2 more games. However the few times they did run at the goaline they did it 3 times in a row with no imagination and got schooled anyways.

The current Lions offense is only good at getting yardage that the other team isnt concderned giving up... in the middle of the field.

January 9th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

DJ-B wrote:
Our problem isnt running at the goal-line, hell had they done that we might have won 2 more games. However the few times they did run at the goaline they did it 3 times in a row with no imagination and got schooled anyways.

The current Lions offense is only good at getting yardage that the other team isnt concderned giving up... in the middle of the field.

Thats kinda what i mean.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 9th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Shotty wrote:
Rob Ryan got fired. RR for DC?

I'd lose all allegiances with the Lions if that did happen. Rob Ryan is a clown.

January 9th, 2013, 2:24 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

DJ-B wrote:

Leshoure had a good year punching it in close to the goal line. It's the passing that didn't work this year inside the 5 (mainly because Calvin was quadruple teamed on every play, and took illegal shots to the head when he had touchdown catches in his grasp).

January 9th, 2013, 3:03 pm
RIP Killer

And CJ was tackled a ridiculous 8 times on the 1 F'ing yard line

January 9th, 2013, 3:43 pm
Bubbles the Lion

My ideal offseason:

I haven't looked at FA's of other teams so I don't really know what is out there. We aren't going to have money for the top ones anyway. Hopefully we can find a couple guys cheaply like we did we Houston and Durant in the past.

On offense
QB/TE - I don't see us making any changes here. You can argue Pett needs to be upgraded, but he is still a top 10-15 TE so its not a priority

WR - I hope Burleson is back at a small-ish cap number. If we get Broyles back after the first few games then I think we are alright at WR. Ideally, Titus gets his head on straight and can play for us(probably not going to happen). Mike Thomas and maybe Durham can fill in a little. Also putting Scheff out there more will help out. A veteran WR FA would be great.

RB - Leshoure, Bell, Smith isn't terrible. We aren't a big running team anyway, and probably won't be no matter what with Linehan coming back. I don't mind grabbing a speed back late in the draft, but I don't see it as a huge need. I'm assuming Leshoure and Bell will improve.

OL - Reiff is going to need to be out there somewhere. I would resign Gosder and bring Backus back at LT. If Gosder wants a ton of money then you have to go with Fox at RT. I replace Peterman with Reiff.

Defense
DL - Avril is going to get more than he is worth. I wish we could upgrade KVB(might do it with pick #5) but I don't see us finding 2 DE's this offseason. I think we will go with KVB on one side, and a combo of Young/LoJack/Lewis on the other side. For DT it seems Williams is willing to come back. Him, Suh, and Fairley looks pretty good even if we can't get SLH. I feel like SLH will end up elsewhere and be very productive. Whoever the 4th DT is shouldn't matter too much.

LB - Personally I want Teo in the draft. Tulloch is back, and at the other OLB spot I like Levy more than Durant. He is younger and presumably cheaper. I think he could still improve, even though right now he is decent.

CB - What a mess. Houston could be gone ala Eric Wright. It is hard to tell what we have behind him with all the injuries. Hopefully the young guys fight for one spot, and we sign a decent vet CB FA. Then we will have a couple young guys left for 3rd and 4th CB spots. Probably have to get 1 in the draft as well.

S - I like Delmas, but again I am not going crazy on resigning him. Besides him, I see no one that we can trust. Gotta get at least 1 from the draft or FA. I would have liked Landry last offseason, but whatever.

K - 1 more year for Hanson(at least)

P - It doesn't even matter. Punter is never a difference maker

KR/PR - I don't want to keep wasting a roster spot on someone who only returns. Let Mike Thomas do it.

Cliff Notes:

I don't want to sign any huge contracts. Just retain a few guys cheaply, and hope to find a few gems in FA/Draft. I don't think this team is that far away from the playoffs again. Remember we lost what 7 games by 1 score, AND had the toughest schedule in the league. A little improvement from Stafford, Suh, Fairley, etc. and we are right back where we were.

/essay

January 9th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:

FIRE LINEHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must be his fault. LOL. Horrible play calling when he calls for CJ to get tackled on the 1 yard line.

January 9th, 2013, 7:30 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

FIRE LINEHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must be his fault. LOL. Horrible play calling when he calls for CJ to get tackled on the 1 yard line.

I wonder if part of the problem with Linehan this year was he lost a big chunk of the playbook. Mayhew admitted that they all were counting on Best to come back and because of that they didn't find a replacement for Best. I'm sure he made changes through the season once they knew Best was gone for the year, but I'm sure it's not easy to just change your playbook in the middle of a season. Since they are sticking with Linehan I would really like to see them going after either La’Rod Stephens-Howling, Reggie Bush, or even maybe Danny Woodhead to get that speed guy back in the offense.

January 9th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Modmin Dude

LioneeR wrote:
P - It doesn't even matter. Punter is never a difference maker
C'mon man, punter are people too.....
\:D/ :idea: :arrow:

January 10th, 2013, 10:02 am
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and can't change the subject...

January 10th, 2013, 1:00 pm
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I wonder if part of the problem with Linehan this year was he lost a big chunk of the playbook. Mayhew admitted that they all were counting on Best to come back and because of that they didn't find a replacement for Best. I'm sure he made changes through the season once they knew Best was gone for the year, but I'm sure it's not easy to just change your playbook in the middle of a season. Since they are sticking with Linehan I would really like to see them going after either La’Rod Stephens-Howling, Reggie Bush, or even maybe Danny Woodhead to get that speed guy back in the offense.

If Linehan can't deal with losing one player he should be canned, period!

Maybe he gets a pass for the first 4 weeks, after that, it's on him. The worst games of the year were some of the latest games in the year, when he knew Best wasn't coming back.

And, speedy back that can catch? Will someone please explain to me what the hell Joique Bell is? Is he slow? Do people think he can't catch? Why do people still think we "need" this quirky, special player that's going to get 10-15 or so SNAPS per game.

Joique Bell caught 75% of the passes thrown at him (including passes thrown at his feet when the Qb was in trouble), for nearly a 10 yard per average, for nearly 500 yards, but we still need this 180lb magic man with wheels? Why?

If Leveon Bell runs the 40 in anywhere near 4.4-4.45 and we don't take him in or around the 3rd or later I'll be disappointed. Leveon Bell is another speedy guy that's just not tiny (which, oddly enough people on here seem to complain about). He can catch, and he has moves. His agility may not be on par with AP's, but it's close. I'm anxious to see what he runs. I know he rarely gets caught from behind.

January 10th, 2013, 1:07 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

If Linehan can't deal with losing one player he should be canned, period!

Maybe he gets a pass for the first 4 weeks, after that, it's on him. The worst games of the year were some of the latest games in the year, when he knew Best wasn't coming back.

And, speedy back that can catch? Will someone please explain to me what the hell Joique Bell is? Is he slow? Do people think he can't catch? Why do people still think we "need" this quirky, special player that's going to get 10-15 or so SNAPS per game.

Joique Bell caught 75% of the passes thrown at him (including passes thrown at his feet when the Qb was in trouble), for nearly a 10 yard per average, for nearly 500 yards, but we still need this 180lb magic man with wheels? Why?

If Leveon Bell runs the 40 in anywhere near 4.4-4.45 and we don't take him in or around the 3rd or later I'll be disappointed. Leveon Bell is another speedy guy that's just not tiny (which, oddly enough people on here seem to complain about). He can catch, and he has moves. His agility may not be on par with AP's, but it's close. I'm anxious to see what he runs. I know he rarely gets caught from behind.

Linehan also lost every receiver except for CJ, I'm not saying the guy is great or that I wouldn't like him gone. I'm just adjusted to the fact that he's not going anywhere and wondering if perhaps he may not be as bad as this season made him look.

Yes, Bell is slow. He's not a snail but he is far from having enough speed to make the defense account for him. No one said he was a bad receiver out of the back field, he just doesn't have break away speed that made the offense explosive when Best was actually able to play. I really like Bell and hope he gets a fair chance at starting next season, but I still want them to pick of a 4.4 type guy and could care less if he's big or small as long as he can add the same element Best did.

January 10th, 2013, 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next