View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Schwartz 
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: Schwartz
I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't advocating schwartz. Just pointing out he hadn't arrived when gos was drafted. I believe were on a similar page without realizing it, I firmly believe our roster needs to be better, I just believe the presence of our top 3 players alone make this current roster better than KC. Kurt Warner lucked out and fell into one of the best offenses ever. Kurt was only as good as the team around him, like other qbs. Nate Burleson had career numbers in 2011 along with pett and scheff, I think staff + Calvin made them better. I mean, titus dropped a monster game on a VERY good Seattle secondary. He doesn't do that with a "plug in and play" qb. This year our non star starters played poorly, and the only people keeping us in games were our elite players. I think our biggest problem is coaching, not our roster, although it does have plenty of room for improvement, i don't believe its as inept as you do.

January 10th, 2013, 3:50 pm
NFL Veteran

Hystrix wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
What about Brett Favre? Played with Atl, never got it done until he went to a better team. It's not all about the Qb. You HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD TEAM.

Favre threw a total of 4 passes as a rookie for ATL before being traded to GB. Kind of hard to get it with only 4 passing opportunities... :lol:

Yeah, I was gonna say, Brett Farve isn't the greatest example...

Neither is Carson Palmer for that matter. Palmer was a 2 time Pro Bowler, was the only QB other than Peyton Manning that ran an offense from the line of scrimmage and only fell apart after his body failed him way to early. Palmer's been a shell of himself since he tore the ligament in his elbow and chose not to have it surgically repaired.

January 10th, 2013, 4:24 pm
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
What about Brett Favre? Played with Atl, never got it done until he went to a better team. It's not all about the Qb. You HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD TEAM.

Favre threw a total of 4 passes as a rookie for ATL before being traded to GB. Kind of hard to get it with only 4 passing opportunities... :lol:

Brett Favre couldn't get on the field on a horrible ATL team, and ended up being a franchise QB for over a decade with GB. That's my point. Much like Steve Young, Qb talent is lost on a garbage team.

What's the difference with Brett Favre in ATL or Steve Young in TB? Neither did crap for their respective organizations before moving on to become a "franchise Qb."

January 10th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Brett Favre couldn't get on the field on a horrible ATL team, and ended up being a franchise QB for over a decade with GB. That's my point. Much like Steve Young, Qb talent is lost on a garbage team.

What's the difference with Brett Favre in ATL or Steve Young in TB? Neither did crap for their respective organizations before moving on to become a "franchise Qb."

Brett Favre couldn't get on the field in ATL because he was a drunk.

January 10th, 2013, 4:36 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Brett Favre couldn't get on the field in ATL because he was a drunk.

People forget that QBs often used to sit a year or two before playing. Farve was a 2nd round pick, but as a rookie was the third QB in ATL behind Chris Miller and Billy Joe Tolliver. The Falcons finished the year at 10-6 so they weren't ready to hand the reins over to a rook. Also, head coach Jerry Glanville didn't not want to draft him and said it would take a "plane crash" for him to put Favre in at QB.

Ron Wolfe, the new GM, wanted to draft Favre when he was with the Jets but Brett went the pick before he got his chance so he traded for him the next year in GB. Favre got to play in GB when the magic man, Don Majkowski, tore up his ankle and the rest is history.

January 10th, 2013, 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
Also, head coach Jerry Glanville didn't not want to draft him and said it would take a "plane crash" for him to put Favre in at QB.

Ron Wolfe, the new GM, wanted to draft Favre when he was with the Jets but Brett went the pick before he got his chance so he traded for him the next year in GB. Favre got to play in GB when the magic man, Don Majkowski, tore up his ankle and the rest is history.

The bolded part is what happened in ATL. Favre knew he was a doomed man there, and he knew he wasn't wanted.

January 10th, 2013, 4:58 pm
Modmin Dude

Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Especially when his 1st completion was to himself :shock:

January 10th, 2013, 5:13 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Still counts in the record books...

:idea: :arrow:

January 10th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

And let's not forget that Steve Young sat behind a pretty decent QB learning from him and the HC for a couple years in SF, maybe you've heard of them, Joe Montana & Bill Walsh.

January 10th, 2013, 5:16 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Actually his first pass was a pick six in Atlanta. He was 0-4 with 2 picks and got sacked in ATL, don't think he would have made it into the HOF based only on his stats with the Falcons.

For the record, he did catch his own first pass with GB - I believe he lost 6 or 7 yards on the play.

January 10th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

And let's not forget that Steve Young sat behind a pretty decent QB learning from him and the HC for a couple years in SF, maybe you've heard of them, Joe Montana & Bill Walsh.

Wags, you're making my point for me. Are "franchise Qb's" these great individuals, or can they be created and groomed based on what's around them? That's the whole point. People on here act like "franchise Qb's" are these freaks of nature that are "awesome" and can "succeed anywhere," but they're not. They're very human, and they NEED a positive environment to succeed. That's my entire point.

January 10th, 2013, 5:19 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Cousins had Qb ratings of:
97, 158, and 104 in his NFL appearances... You're right,

That's fine, don't watch him play, just be blinded by numbers. If you want more numbers, look at his QBR, 13, 99, 76. More pointless numbers clouded by an amazing 2/2 game with 1 td. He looked good against a bad Cleveland team, that's about it. But its pretty hard to say the guy is stellar or bad until he's got more than 48 attempts with 37 of those being against an awful team who had already locked up a top 10 pick.

January 10th, 2013, 6:52 pm
RIP Killer

Aaron Rodgers is an MVP drafted in the first round that sat for years before starting. What's the point? Some teams just don't have the luxury of having 1st or 5th round rookie QBs sit. Some have to start them.

January 10th, 2013, 6:57 pm
conversion02 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers is an MVP drafted in the first round that sat for years before starting. What's the point? Some teams just don't have the luxury of having 1st or 5th round rookie QBs sit. Some have to start them.

Quote:
What is a franchise Qb? Often it's the guy that ends up being the Qb on a dynasty team. Who created who? Was Kurt Warner this great Qb that was just happened to be bagging groceries, or did Martz and his system create Kurt Warner? Was Tom Brady the best overall player in his draft, and did each NFL team collectively make 190+ bad decisions in a row until he was selected in the 6th round, or did Billicheck and his system make him great?

Quote:
Wags, you're making my point for me. Are "franchise Qb's" these great individuals, or can they be created and groomed based on what's around them? That's the whole point. People on here act like "franchise Qb's" are these freaks of nature that are "awesome" and can "succeed anywhere," but they're not. They're very human, and they NEED a positive environment to succeed. That's my entire point.

Every team has the luxury of sitting a 5th round rookie and grooming that player to be the franchise Qb.

January 10th, 2013, 7:10 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Quote:
What is a franchise Qb? Often it's the guy that ends up being the Qb on a dynasty team. Who created who? Was Kurt Warner this great Qb that was just happened to be bagging groceries, or did Martz and his system create Kurt Warner? Was Tom Brady the best overall player in his draft, and did each NFL team collectively make 190+ bad decisions in a row until he was selected in the 6th round, or did Billicheck and his system make him great?

Quote:

Every team has the luxury of sitting a 5th round rookie and grooming that player to be the franchise Qb.

Not Arizona. LOL

January 10th, 2013, 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next