View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Scott Pioli no longer GM of Chiefs 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Scott Pioli no longer GM of Chiefs
Agree, having a worse record than the lions in the worst division in football is sad. The chargers are a train wreck and canned everyone. The raiders have been a train week for damn near a decade. The broncos just got above the average hump to top dogs thanks to a first round HOF QB and a change in coaching staff.

Compare that to 2 playoff teams and a 9-7 damn solid bears team. NFCN >>>> AFCW

January 8th, 2013, 9:59 pm
Blueskies wrote:
I disagree.

KC has no standout players. They have a bunch of average-to-bad players. Their average player might be better than the average Lions player, but the Lions still have a few super star pieces in Stafford, Johnson and Suh -- pieces that can be built around.

If KC has a better year, it'll be because Oakland and the Chargers will very likely be two of the worst teams in the league.

I haven't seen the numbers yet for 2013, but in the 2012 offseason the KC cheifs were $22 million UNDER the cap, we were $7.3 million OVER the cap and had to... TA-DAAAA.... Kick the can down the road, get further into cap hell, and restructure Nate, CJ and others just to be able to play football this year. It's going to be WORSE this year.

That's why everyone was crying saying "WJB... why do you hate veterans???" "WJB... why do you not want to pay anyone???" "WJB... did Cliff Avril rape your children???"

I didn't have a vendetta against anyone or any player, I realized that the cap needed to be dealt with, but we refused to do it. Now that Stafford's cap number is going to double, we're in even worse shape. BRILLIANT!!!

As a whole, I think the Chiefs have a better OL, a better WR corps (with Bowe, whom they had to tag last year), and their D is better. If you want to say they're better because of a better average of talent and they lack stars, so be it, but the bottom line is, they're better and they can AFFORD to add a star or two, or maybe even three once they get their poop in a group. We can't, we're screwed. THAT'S why I give Pioli credit.

January 10th, 2013, 2:05 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
the bottom line is, they're better

But they aren't, they had a worse record and they play in a terrible division.

They might have a better record than the Lions next year just because their division is so weak. But over the next 3 years, I think the Lions will be a more consistently better team.

January 12th, 2013, 10:46 pm
League MVP

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

They might have a better record than the Lions next year just because their division is so weak. But over the next 3 years, I think the Lions will be a more consistently better team.

I agree. Pioli is also supposedly not very good managing people and there roles in the organization which I think is more important than his scouting ability. One person isnt enough to scout all of the NFL, CFL and NCAA. If you cant delegate and get the most out of those people there to help you, its a big problem.

January 13th, 2013, 1:06 pm
The Legend wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

I agree. Pioli is also supposedly not very good managing people and there roles in the organization which I think is more important than his scouting ability. One person isnt enough to scout all of the NFL, CFL and NCAA. If you cant delegate and get the most out of those people there to help you, its a big problem.

I find it hard to believe he stuck around in NE so long if that were the case. Maybe it is true, and he and Billicheck did split the GM duties, but ultimately Pioli was the "talent evaluator" on the team, and they drafted VERY WELL in the 2000-2004 years.

The biggest failing of the Cheifs last year, IMO, was at HC. IMO RC was horrible, and I think they were giving Cassel his one last stand to prove his worth. Cassel getting hurt with nothing behind him certainly didn't help either, but overall I think the Chiefs have far fewer holes than we do.

January 14th, 2013, 1:56 pm
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

I find it hard to believe he stuck around in NE so long if that were the case. Maybe it is true, and he and Billicheck did split the GM duties, but ultimately Pioli was the "talent evaluator" on the team, and they drafted VERY WELL in the 2000-2004 years.

The biggest failing of the Cheifs last year, IMO, was at HC. IMO RC was horrible, and I think they were giving Cassel his one last stand to prove his worth. Cassel getting hurt with nothing behind him certainly didn't help either, but overall I think the Chiefs have far fewer holes than we do.

so best case scenario he s bad at evaluating coaches? sounds good, hire that man!!!

January 14th, 2013, 9:38 pm
The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

so best case scenario he s bad at evaluating coaches? sounds good, hire that man!!!

He hired one HC, a proven commodity, and who knows how much authority he had in it. Further, KC isn't exactly breaking the budget on their hires. They spend $20 million under the cap, and pay their coaches less than most teams in the NFL. It's not exactly a recipe for success in KC.

January 20th, 2013, 1:18 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Well, we won't have to wait long to see if you're right, wjb. Andy Reid is a great coach. If Scott Pioli was as good at evaluating talent as you say, Reid should be able to win right away.

January 21st, 2013, 3:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2