View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Calvin Johnson Will Not Play in 2013 Pro Bowl 
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Calvin Johnson Will Not Play in 2013 Pro Bowl
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Can someone show me evidence of CJ only being interested in money and personal accolades? I must have missed his long hold out, demands for a huge contract and all the interviews he does about getting his touches.

It goes back to his contract negotiations, and his mother's involvement in his deal. It continued with him refusing to go over the middle for a season or two (which has scaled back), and him sitting out and constantly crying that he's "banged up" despite the team saying he's not. Further, CJ has NEVER displayed the passion that other players have (Brandon Marshall was nearly in tears over the Bear's 8 game skid). CJ just collects his check, is seen laughing at the sidelines when we're losing, he leaves games early, and goes about his business as if he's above the team, not a part of it.

How does CJ allowing his mother to handle the negotiations with his agent and the Lions show any sort of greed or even a focus on money? He even said himself he had his mother handle it because it allowed him to NOT lose focus on football. His mother handles his foundation also and is probably the most important person in his life. The only thing I can get from that is he's a mama's boy, big deal.

CJ doesn't make the routes he just runs them. If he's not going over the middle how is that his fault? If you have some article speaking on him not running the routes he's given or arguing with the coaches I would change my mind on him, but I have never seen anything as of yet.

There was two incidents with him, one saying he was concussed in the Minny game and one that the concussion caused nerve damage that was giving him problems in later games, but both were him being asked about injuries. He later said he didn't use the terms properly and apologized for the confusion. It's just as likely that the Lions were the one in the wrong in the situation as it is he was and there is no way to really know on that one.

Please don't use Marshall as an example of how a player should act. He has a mental disorder that causes mood swings and instability with his emotions. There are quite a few players that have had bad losing streaks that don't literally cry about it. If anything I think the attitude on the sideline is a problem with the coaching staff not the players. It's not just CJ smiling and laughing on the side line during a loss it's the team. It's also something that is often seen on a lot losing teams.

January 15th, 2013, 7:35 pm
RIP Killer

January 16th, 2013, 12:10 am
RIP Killer

FWIW, I said at the beginning of the season is Staffords leadership. I don't think he's much of a leader and is usually the focal point of the laughing and dicking round. Stafford is the one that pisses me off. Do you see him getting in the face of Titus or Pett after they run the wrong route or drops a ball like Roy Williams? He just mutters something or rolls his eyes or something pointless.

QBs are supposed to be the leaders of the team, not WRs. Just because you're getting paid a lot doesn't mean you have to yell and be outspoken. Is AP? Is Andre Johnson? Is Dwayne Bowe? The list goes on and on. Look at the playoff teams left, do they have any WR that's a vocal leader? None (except kaepernick, who's a douche, always flexing and laughing).

January 16th, 2013, 12:29 am
Modmin Dude

<threadjack>
FWIW there is an 'ignore' feature, its under 'Friends & Foes' in the 'User Control Panel'
</threadjack>

January 16th, 2013, 11:05 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TheRealWags wrote:
<threadjack>
FWIW there is an 'ignore' feature, its under 'Friends & Foes' in the 'User Control Panel'
</threadjack>

Thank God! I was seriously going to ask about that--I know other forums have it but couldn't find it here.

January 16th, 2013, 11:10 am
TheRealWags wrote:
<threadjack>
</threadjack>

But you can't add administrators or moderators to the foes list, and this site has a great number of moderators.

January 16th, 2013, 12:08 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
<threadjack>
</threadjack>

But you can't add administrators or moderators to the foes list, and this site has a great number of moderators.

January 16th, 2013, 12:09 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
<threadjack>
</threadjack>

All to keep tabs on you WJB! :lol:

January 16th, 2013, 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
<threadjack>
</threadjack>

All to keep tabs on you WJB! :lol:

Ha.. You need all 15 moderators or whatever the heck we have to keep tabs on me? (keeping tabs on me isn't hard, I'm everywhere ;-) )

The only mod that would have been on my ignore list is Conversion02

January 16th, 2013, 1:39 pm
I don't see how you guys can sit there in outrage when CJ isn't FIRST in PB voting:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16385

Cry that the "Lions" get snubbed in events like this, and throughout the NFL, and then think it's perfectly fine when CJ turns down the invite.

You guys are like that drama queen relative that DEMANDS to be invited to the wedding, just so she can say "nope, I'm not going..."

Again, this is just another representation of how the LIONS don't want to abide by and participate in the NFL, so don't go crying when we get "snubbed."

Marshall may have been a lockerroom cancer in Denver, but I would argue that it was for good reason. I would argue that he was sick of perpetually going 6-10 and being on a team that traded away their "franchise Qb" that you guys feel is so important. I would argue that it was his very passion that lead him to his outbursts in Denver, and while they may have been misguided, they worked! They got him what he wanted, out of there and into "greener" pastures, at least that's the way he feels, and it's evident by the way he's behaved in Chicago. The guy has done everything asked of him, and performed beyond expectations.

That said, IMO Andre Johnson is a team leader, and I think Roddy White is a team leader, and Anquan Bolden IS DEFINITELY a team leader, as was explained by Harbaugh and company, Tony Gonzalez is a team leader, and I also believe that Welker is a team leader by nature. These guys don't stand around and settle for mediocrity. They may not be having fits on the sideline, but they step up, make the crucial catch, and at the very least lead by example by NOT laughing with Titus Young on the sidelines, by STAYING FOCUSED throughout the entire 60 minutes, and by doing their damn job and having some respect for the position. CJ earns a paycheck, those guys love football. There is a difference.

And, it's not that his Mother was involved in his negotiations, it's HOW his mother was involved, and what she wanted out of them, money, money, and more money... The most money and the most security for her child. I question the judgment of anyone that allows their mother to be their virtual agent, but what she's crammed into his head, and and the values she's taught him lead him to be the player he is, a non-passionate guy that earns a paycheck. Is he damn good at it? Hell yea, could he be a LOT better if he cared, damn right!

January 16th, 2013, 1:54 pm
Modmin Dude

Hmm....2 Mods 2 Admins 2 Test/Tech accts is alot???? :confused:
The Team

January 16th, 2013, 2:19 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
The Team

Wasn't RJ some sort of mod? And I know Sly was at some point. That list definitely seems truncated.

January 16th, 2013, 2:57 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Oh noes! Oh wait, I remembered I don't care.

Now back to the topic...

The pro bowl should be eliminated completely. The two best teams in the league can't participate, at least 3-4 players from each team how out generally, for whatever reason, so you've got about 10 players who weren't even initially selected that are playing. It's crap. Plus, the goofy rectum trick plays, the opening kickoff inside kicks, the complete lack of defense that comes with the games...it's all a big PR stunt that is a slap in the face of the game. I haven't watched a pro bowl in 6 years or better because of those reasons and I don't plan on watching one any time soon.

January 16th, 2013, 6:51 pm
NFL Veteran

conversion02 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Oh noes! Oh wait, I remembered I don't care.

Now back to the topic...

The pro bowl should be eliminated completely. The two best teams in the league can't participate, at least 3-4 players from each team how out generally, for whatever reason, so you've got about 10 players who weren't even initially selected that are playing. It's crap. Plus, the goofy rectum trick plays, the opening kickoff inside kicks, the complete lack of defense that comes with the games...it's all a big PR stunt that is a slap in the face of the game. I haven't watched a pro bowl in 6 years or better because of those reasons and I don't plan on watching one any time soon.

I'm with you on eliminating the pro bowl and I'm sure most people are also. Do they still do those skill challenges they used to put on espn 2? It would be fun to watch the top guys going against each other at the bench, 40, and some type of throwing challenge then watching the senior bowl as the game. It would be kinda like the NBA all star weekend and could still be in Hawaii.

January 16th, 2013, 8:16 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
The Team

Wasn't RJ some sort of mod? And I know Sly was at some point. That list definitely seems truncated.

Nope.

January 17th, 2013, 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next