View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Atl V SF Game Thread 
Post Atl V SF Game Thread
Don't know if anyone is interested, but there's no other football on, and I'm guessing a number of people are watching...

Well... anyone that questioned whether or not ATL was the real deal has been proven wrong... What an impressive first 1/2. It's amazing how good a mediocre pass-rush looks when they're energized, and the offense sustains drives and keeps them off of the field ;-)...

January 20th, 2013, 4:51 pm
Post Re: Atl V SF Game Thread
Great come back by the 49ers!

I hope they put up a good showing in the SB. I hate when a team makes it that doesn't deserve it. I don't like Koeperneck, and I was hoping Matt Ryan would go, as I think he's the better Qb, but Colin won today.

There was a pretty big faction on this board that said Jim Harbaugh would never make it to a SB because he's too cocky, arrogant, and a bag of douche... What say you now?

January 20th, 2013, 7:06 pm
RIP Killer

He's still a cocky, arrogant douche bag.

Hey Jimmy, there's hope for you yet!

January 20th, 2013, 7:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The 49ers adjusted well to early issues, and it was a great game to watch. Harbaugh did a good job coaching for the final 75% of the game. It was funny watching him go ballustuc after the challenge failed though. He did look like a mopnkey flailing his arms and poop (even though it was a bad call by the refs).

January 20th, 2013, 8:48 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
The 49ers adjusted well to early issues, and it was a great game to watch. Harbaugh did a good job coaching for the final 75% of the game. It was funny watching him go ballustuc after the challenge failed though. He did look like a mopnkey flailing his arms and poop (even though it was a bad call by the refs).

I agree. It seemed like whatever their initial game plan was wasn't working (looked like it was Gore heavy) then they altered their game plan on offense to do something they haven't really done all year with CK at Qb, throw to V. Davis. After they saw some success there they really did a great job spreading the ball around.

Nice adjustments on D too.

Did anyone notice how bad ATLs D got after their offense went 3 and out? It reminded me of the Lions when we were playing the Saints in our playoff game. We HAVE to get that taken care of!!!

January 20th, 2013, 9:35 pm
Varsity Captain

wjb21ndtown wrote:
There was a pretty big faction on this board that said Jim Harbaugh would never make it to a SB because he's too cocky, arrogant, and a bag of douche... What say you now?

I thought we'd make it to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of some of these qualities.

Basically everything I said would happen in this game happened:

--The Falcons would focus on forcing Kaep to hand off the ball to Gore.
--The focus would be too much on Kaep and that would leave 1 less tackler for Gore.
--Play action would be SO easy, guys would be open.
--We'd be down 7-0 or 10-0.... then we got down 17-0 and I started to worry. After it was 17-7, I felt confident again.

Although I predicted a 34-17 game. That was off.

I feel good. I think Harbaugh is the master of gameplanning. I feel pretty damn good about the Super Bowl too, ONLY because of one little tidbit:

John beat Jim in the Thanksgiving game, and John has been rubbing it in Jim's face ever since. I think it's time for revenge.

January 21st, 2013, 11:46 am
49ers wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I thought we'd make it to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of some of these qualities.

Basically everything I said would happen in this game happened:

--The Falcons would focus on forcing Kaep to hand off the ball to Gore.
--The focus would be too much on Kaep and that would leave 1 less tackler for Gore.
--Play action would be SO easy, guys would be open.
--We'd be down 7-0 or 10-0.... then we got down 17-0 and I started to worry. After it was 17-7, I felt confident again.

Although I predicted a 34-17 game. That was off.

I feel good. I think Harbaugh is the master of gameplanning. I feel pretty damn good about the Super Bowl too, ONLY because of one little tidbit:

John beat Jim in the Thanksgiving game, and John has been rubbing it in Jim's face ever since. I think it's time for revenge.

I agree with you now and I agreed with you then. I argued against the faction (which seems pretty common on here), and I was right... hmmmm...

Good call on the game plan.

Again, the general consensus was/is that you have to be able to throw the ball accurately for 40+ times per game, because that's the general way of the "good teams in the NFL," but BOTH teams that made it this year have the ground game as a significant part of their team strategy. In BOTH championship games the teams were able to run the ball and kill the clock to close out the game.

January 21st, 2013, 2:43 pm
QB Coach

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/5523/what ... offs/52491

Directed to this by the twitter account of faux john madden which usually posts hilarious stuff. Worth checking out

January 25th, 2013, 12:48 am
Modmin Dude

January 25th, 2013, 9:33 am
Hall of Fame Player

Nice little temper tantrum by Jimmy there. LOL.

January 25th, 2013, 12:15 pm
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:

I hope they put up a good showing in the SB. I hate when a team makes it that doesn't deserve it. I don't like Koeperneck, and I was hoping Matt Ryan would go, as I think he's the better Qb, but Colin won today.

i dont get it? how can you not like kaepernick? he looks like a bad rectum....i havent seen this kind of dominance since vince young in college

January 25th, 2013, 5:59 pm
The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

i dont get it? how can you not like kaepernick? he looks like a bad rectum....i havent seen this kind of dominance since vince young in college

I think he's a tool. He acts like a cracked out gorilla. He's erratic and occasionally makes brain dead decisions. I will admit though, most of what I don't like about his game comes from his personality. I think he's a total DB. I think he'll crumble in the SB, but I could be wrong. I'm certainly not putting money on it, and overall I think SF is a much better team.

January 25th, 2013, 6:02 pm
Varsity Captain

That Jim Harbaugh reaction was total BS. When I saw that I thought "omg... this is going to be all over the internet. Calm down Jim, you're acting like a 5-year-old". Niner fans are split down the middle about it. I'm a high school teacher, and the kids at my school LOVED it, especially the football players. They want their coach to care and be upset and fight for every inch on the sideline... and btw... I'm the coach, lol.

Apparently, the ref he did that in front of was the same ref that chose not to call an interference call on Bowman at the end of the game. The refs that do the 49er games call 1 less penalty on the 49ers on average, and some people think it's because they don't want to hear Harbaughs loud mouth. Perhaps it's all a charade... he does a LOT of things on purpose. For example, handshake gate. He never acted like that before or since. Some speculated that he was getting revenge for what Scwartz said over the summer. I wouldn't doubt it, the dude is smart as hell, and very evil/crafty.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I think he's a tool. He acts like a cracked out gorilla. He's erratic and occasionally makes brain dead decisions. I will admit though, most of what I don't like about his game comes from his personality. I think he's a total DB. I think he'll crumble in the SB, but I could be wrong. I'm certainly not putting money on it, and overall I think SF is a much better team.

?? Are you sure you're talking about Kaepernick? Erratic and makes brain dead decisions? Total DB? I've never seen this. Do you mean in college? There are articles about Colin by Peter King and other well-known writers, and most of them applaud the fact that he never makes any mistakes, and is very fine-tuned and calm under pressure. The dude is always smiling, and does lots of nice things for people. He coined the phrase "Kaepernicking" because other people were profiting from it. Now he owns it, sells it, and donates the money to a charity that helps little kids with heart problems. The dude is a class act through and through.

As for crumbling in the playoffs, consider this: He first start was in a Money Night game vs Chicago, the then number 1 defense in the league, and he destroyed them with his arm. Then he went to New Orleans and put on yet another passing clinic vs Drew Brees and the Saints. Then he went to New England and DESTROYED the Patriots, who only came back when we lost our D-line, and Kaepernick still put that game out of reach when it all looked hopeless in the 4th quarter. Then he starts and plays 2 post-season games, and single-handedly leads our team to victory over Green Bay and Atlanta.

The dude is unbelievable, and is an extraordinarily nice guy. For the first time since the mid-90s, we have a quarterback that I wouldn't trade for anyone else in the league.

January 26th, 2013, 9:55 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I'm still baffled by people who think Bowman interfered on that play. It was under 5 yards, so he was allowed to have contact the entire time before the ball was released, and when it was thrown, he never impeded the receiver. Contact isn't interference unless it seriously impedes the receiver.

January 26th, 2013, 10:48 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I personally have question marks on him myself. The guy has an arrogance about him in every interview I have seen him in. He reminds me of Jim McMahon. I think he's a damn fine quarterback for now, but will he have the humility to fix things when they go wrong? Or will he crack? I see crack written all over him.....hope I'm wrong, cuz the dude has skills.

January 26th, 2013, 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next