View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 8:08 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
$452K SB the next 2 years. Salary of $555K and $645K the next 2 years.

So trading him in the offseason results in ~$900K of dead cap next year but nets us a draft pick. Cutting him this year results in the ~$900K hit this year, but we get nothing in return.

Hell, if mike Thomas can pull a 4th, Titus can at least pull a 5th. FYI, that $2.5M cap number was without mike Thomas and the other nobody's we've signed in the past 5 weeks (pat lee, etc)

December 5th, 2012, 5:08 pm
conversion02 wrote:
$452K SB the next 2 years. Salary of $555K and $645K the next 2 years.

So trading him in the offseason results in ~$900K of dead cap next year but nets us a draft pick. Cutting him this year results in the ~$900K hit this year, but we get nothing in return.

Hell, if mike Thomas can pull a 4th, Titus can at least pull a 5th. FYI, that $2.5M cap number was without mike Thomas and the other nobody's we've signed in the past 5 weeks (pat lee, etc)

Cutting him frees up his entire SB and salary next year, which is approximately $1 million dollars. We have/had the money to do it this year. Why wouldn't you? For a stupid late round pick that we're going to blow and not get anything out of anyhow?

Would you "buy" a 5th to 7th round draft pic for $1 million dollars in cap space? I wouldn't, especially considering what our 5th to 7th round draft picks have done for us in the last 3-4 years.

We got fleeced on the Mike Thomas deal, largely because Mayhew knew of Titus' problems and he knew that we needed help at the position. Mike Thomas looks like garbage. IMO you're not properly discounting Titus' value, given his character concerns.

December 5th, 2012, 5:20 pm
RIP Killer

Wjb, as I said, 900k is off the books next year in his SB (450k for the next 2 years each). If you're going to add his salary (not sure why, since he won't be with the next next year in all likelihood) it's ~1.5M. Also, you don't seem to be putting together that the ~900k in signing bonus already paid to him that counts against the cap is spent no matter what, this year or next. Why not get a 5th round pick (immediate kick returner, fullback, or punter) and spend the money next year rather than spend the same money this year and get nothing?

They did give up too much for Thomas, but if you notice, staff isn't even looking his way when Thomas is open. Thomas has made some hellacious drive killing drops (the biggest was a tough one for a td). However, Staff has a hard-on for scheff for some reason, who has the same dropsies.

December 5th, 2012, 6:07 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Titus Young isnt worth anything. It would be a steal to get anything out of him. He should have either been cut or suspended. This IR thing is BS and nobody in the NFL will fall for it. Schwartz today, even made a sarcastic comment about Young.

December 5th, 2012, 6:31 pm
RIP Killer

Quote:
Detroit Lions WR Titus Young Sr. hints toward quitting if he does not get the football

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions receiver Titus Young Sr. appears to be doing everything he can to lose his NFL job.

Young first showed his immaturity by sucker-punching teammate Louis Delmas last offseason. He was later sent home by Detroit for intentionally lining up incorrectly against the Green Bay Packers. Young was sent home for the third time in six months by coaches after his attitude did not improve, and later placed on injured reserve.

Now Young is voicing his displease on Twitter.

The embattled receiver is threatening to not to play football again unless he gets the ball thrown his way, sentiments he expressed via Twitter this afternoon:

"Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore"

Young followed that Tweet with this self-assessment on his verified account:

"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going"

Young continues to head in the wrong direction when it comes to accountability.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz and Martin Mayhew have been lukewarm about Young's possible return to Detroit. Young threatening to quit probably will not help their opinions of him.

It is safe to say if Young continue to act like this, he will not have to worry about any NFL team throwing him the football next season.

January 22nd, 2013, 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

if only he would do everyone the favor of walking away before he qualifies for the NFL pension. Titus Young is a moron, plain and simple.

January 22nd, 2013, 3:45 pm

Pablo wrote:
Quote:
Detroit Lions WR Titus Young Sr. hints toward quitting if he does not get the football

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions receiver Titus Young Sr. appears to be doing everything he can to lose his NFL job.

Young first showed his immaturity by sucker-punching teammate Louis Delmas last offseason. He was later sent home by Detroit for intentionally lining up incorrectly against the Green Bay Packers. Young was sent home for the third time in six months by coaches after his attitude did not improve, and later placed on injured reserve.

Now Young is voicing his displease on Twitter.

The embattled receiver is threatening to not to play football again unless he gets the ball thrown his way, sentiments he expressed via Twitter this afternoon:

"Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore"

Young followed that Tweet with this self-assessment on his verified account:

"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going"

Young continues to head in the wrong direction when it comes to accountability.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz and Martin Mayhew have been lukewarm about Young's possible return to Detroit. Young threatening to quit probably will not help their opinions of him.

It is safe to say if Young continue to act like this, he will not have to worry about any NFL team throwing him the football next season.

It amazes me that someone who attended college can still be THIS dumb!...

wow is all I can say...just wow

January 22nd, 2013, 6:40 pm
Team MVP

Why dont they just can this punk?!?!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 22nd, 2013, 6:56 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

This is the problem with twitter. People over analyze what was said.

January 22nd, 2013, 8:05 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Titus Young is a punk. With that said, Matthew Stafford should've found him more. As much of a prick as TY is, I honestly do think he wants to be an elite WR but he thinks he's being blackballed by the offense. It probably does suck when the team throws the ball record breaking amounts and you only get about 3 targets a game while guys like Pettigrew and CJ(who is awesome to say the least) continue to drop a ton of passes and fumble the ball. I'm not sticking up for him being a baby and an all-world douche bag but I can see why the way our offense works would piss him off.

I hope he gets his act together

January 22nd, 2013, 9:31 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

You really can't get the sense of what went down from that article. Guy totally lost the plot:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/1/22 ... rant-lions

January 22nd, 2013, 9:44 pm
RIP Killer

I have had it with this clown jack-hole. F him and cut his rectum now. I don't even care about picks or money, the guy should be unemployed and banned from getting unemployment.

January 22nd, 2013, 10:50 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

conversion02 wrote:
I have had it with this clown jack-hole. F him and cut his rectum now. I don't even care about picks or money, the guy should be unemployed and banned from getting unemployment.

Definitely think we should cut him, but reading those tweets, I couldn't help but think they're the product of a disturbed mind. Think it goes beyond just being a bad teammate or whatever--the guy needs professional help before he hurts himself or those around him.

January 22nd, 2013, 11:00 pm
RIP Killer

As long as they cut this rectum clown before he does any more damage, that's fine. Keep him away from the organization entirely. Zero association.

January 22nd, 2013, 11:41 pm
Killwill25 wrote:
Titus Young is a punk. With that said, Matthew Stafford should've found him more. As much of a prick as TY is, I honestly do think he wants to be an elite WR but he thinks he's being blackballed by the offense. It probably does suck when the team throws the ball record breaking amounts and you only get about 3 targets a game while guys like Pettigrew and CJ(who is awesome to say the least) continue to drop a ton of passes and fumble the ball. I'm not sticking up for him being a baby and an all-world douche bag but I can see why the way our offense works would piss him off.

I hope he gets his act together

I don't disagree that he has cause to be pissed. We clearly target lesser talented receivers and fail to take advantage of Titus' skill-set, but the guy is flat out crazy.

thelomasbrowns wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Definitely think we should cut him, but reading those tweets, I couldn't help but think they're the product of a disturbed mind. Think it goes beyond just being a bad teammate or whatever--the guy needs professional help before he hurts himself or those around him.

I agree. The guy is dilusional. I can't stand when guys say their better than a HoF player, or future HoF player before before they've taken their first snap in the NFL. How many backs have we had that said they would be the next B Sanders? At least KJ, Smith, and Best. Titus thinks he's better than CJ and has a huge Napoleon complex.

January 23rd, 2013, 2:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next