View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 44  Next
 Off-Season Moves 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Off-Season Moves
I Agree that our FO and Coaches arent doing their jobs, and wished they had been replaced this offseason.

That said, every other player had the same FO/Coaching staff, and he is the biggest cancer on the team. THat falls 90% on him, and hes too damn stupid to realize that even 1% is on him. Defending his pisspoor behavior is asinine. In the real world you dont defend an employee who is sucky simply because their manager is a retard, you fire them both. (not promote the employee with some justification that it must have been the managers fault he doesnt show up, does other peoples jobs when not asked [and not his own]), and is downright defiant about the company goals and plans while proclaiming they are the "best talent the company has".

January 25th, 2013, 5:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
I Agree that our FO and Coaches arent doing their jobs, and wished they had been replaced this offseason.

That said, every other player had the same FO/Coaching staff, and he is the biggest cancer on the team. THat falls 90% on him, and hes too damn stupid to realize that even 1% is on him. Defending his pisspoor behavior is asinine. In the real world you dont defend an employee who is sucky simply because their manager is a retard, you fire them both. (not promote the employee with some justification that it must have been the managers fault he doesnt show up, does other peoples jobs when not asked [and not his own]), and is downright defiant about the company goals and plans while proclaiming they are the "best talent the company has".

I agree that there is something special in Titus that makes him particularly hostile, and volatile. That said, as I have alleged in the past, if we would have handled him better we could have gotten through the season without issue and traded the guy for a pretty decent value (2nd or 3rd round draft pick).

I don't think you "promote Titus" after his sucky behavior and "fire the management," I contend that Titus wasn't "sucky" until long after he should have been promoted. Like I said, Titus should have been given #2 reps his rookie season. Especially after Nate had those two crucial OPI calls in one game, we should have looked at putting Titus in as #2, and started grooming him for the future. That never happened. We gifted and anointed Nate the #2, without merit. That's a major cause of a lot of this strife, along with a gross lack of targets. You guys bring up "the punch" time and time again, but those things happen in a locker-room, and Delmas wasn't completely innocent in it neither. The team should have stepped in and done something about it, but they let it fester and blow up. Again, the team mismanaged the situation.

Also, there really isn't anyone on this team that can say they've been screwed over as much as he has. What other first or second round draft pick has been held back by an aging vet? You could MAYBE argue Reiff, but he was still in his rookie season, and when he did play he didn't look good at all. Best is another situation and he could complain about the medical issues and not being cleared to play (and he has), but its uncertain at best whether or not another team would take a chance on Best. I guaranty you that Titus ends up on a roster next year after he's eventually cut or traded. What he does with that opportunity is up in the air, I think it's about 50-50 whether or not he totally blows it, but unlike Best, at least it's pretty clear Titus will get another shot.

January 25th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

How is he being held back? Nate started, but Titus got just as many snaps. They rotated. It wasn't like he was riding the pine.

January 25th, 2013, 6:44 pm
njroar wrote:
How is he being held back? Nate started, but Titus got just as many snaps. They rotated. It wasn't like he was riding the pine.

Look at the targets... Nate gets about double the targets.

January 25th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

wjb21ndtown wrote:
njroar wrote:

Look at the targets... Nate gets about double the targets.

Look at my other post and you'll see targets = getting open. The only receiver that got targeted while covered is CJ. There were games that Nate was targeted more, and there were games Titus was targeted more. Whoever got open got targeted. It's no surprise that our receivers lack of ability to get open, except when Broyles replaced Nate, led to the TE's getting almost twice as many targets (each) than any receiver except CJ.

January 25th, 2013, 7:09 pm

I do agree the coachign stsff could have got on it earlier, and done better with him, and we could have traded him if it was ovious he was never going to gel here, and now thats out the window as he has little to no trade value.

January 26th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Heisman Winner

The Lions seem to have acquired some CB named Dominique Johnson from the Redskins. Anyone knows anything about this guy?

Looking at his employment record, I'd say camp fodder.

February 7th, 2013, 10:30 am
DayDreamer wrote:
The Lions seem to have acquired some CB named Dominique Johnson from the Redskins. Anyone knows anything about this guy?

I was going to post this yesterday, but he looks like just another scrub for the pile. He's likely the 3rd best CB on our roster now, and that's with Houston unsigned. Hopefully it doesn't mean we're having trouble re-signing Houston.

February 7th, 2013, 10:33 am
Varsity Captain

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

I was going to post this yesterday, but he looks like just another scrub for the pile. He's likely the 3rd best CB on our roster now, and that's with Houston unsigned. Hopefully it doesn't mean we're having trouble re-signing Houston.

I bet they bring in at least two more camp fodder type guys before the start of free agency.

February 7th, 2013, 11:13 am
beldav wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

I bet they bring in at least two more camp fodder type guys before the start of free agency.

I don't doubt that. They just use these guys to run practices and whatnot, and cut them later.

February 7th, 2013, 11:35 am

Raiola restructured. Not optimal, but probably a good move with all of the changes we're gonna have on the OL.

February 14th, 2013, 3:38 pm
Heisman Winner

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Raiola restructured. Not optimal, but probably a good move with all of the changes we're gonna have on the OL.

Any idea on what his new deal looks like? cap impact/duration etc

February 14th, 2013, 3:40 pm
Heisman Winner

Just saw on Mlive that it could be very close to the vet minimum of 940K, good move.

February 14th, 2013, 3:42 pm

DayDreamer wrote:
Just saw on Mlive that it could be very close to the vet minimum of 940K, good move.

Yeah, I think the numbers out there are just speculation at this point. Would only make sense for us if it was a significant cut, though.

February 14th, 2013, 3:55 pm
DayDreamer wrote:

I doubt it was a straight pay-cut though, I'm guessing it shifted his salary to some bonus next season or some BS extension that puts some of his salary in the 2014 cap year.

Keep kicking that can Mayhew... Keep kicking it...

The more moves he makes the more I hate him.

February 14th, 2013, 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 44  Next