View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 2:00 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
He'd be fine being a #2 to Marshal, and they'll target him 7-10 times a game.

He thinks hes better than CJ, and his delusions of grandeur eclipse any WR ive ever heard... what could possibly make you think hed work better with Marshall?

January 25th, 2013, 5:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

He thinks hes better than CJ, and his delusions of grandeur eclipse any WR ive ever heard... what could possibly make you think hed work better with Marshall?

He and CJ worked together fine. They were often seen buddying it up on the side lines and laughing. TYs problem was targets, not title.

January 25th, 2013, 5:21 pm
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

He and CJ worked together fine. They were often seen buddying it up on the side lines and laughing. TYs problem was targets, not title.

blah blah blah, im not buying that you are supporting titus young. i think you are just waiting for him to catch a td or have a good game in another uniform and blame the lions organization or other posters on this site. you want him gone, just like everyone else. you cannot possibly be defending titus.

January 25th, 2013, 5:38 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I honestly think that he has something wrong with him mentally. The dude is retweeting people throwing a bunch of insults at him and arguing with fans, calling himself a hall of famer, acting like a straight buffoon. He needs to go through something similar to what Brandon Marshall did to get it fixed.

Now, playing wise, why would he not be mad? I don't agree with WJB that TY should've gotten #2 WR reps as a rookie, even after Nate's bad games. TY is 1 inch shorter and 24 POUNDS LIGHTER than Burleson. How the hell is he going to beat press coverage with any consistency against aggressive corners? Look at his highlights, and most of his catches are from the slot or a CB playing "off" of him. He did not have the size to play #2. Maybe if he gained 7-15lb and simply worked his way up he'd get what he wants very soon, but instead he acts arrogant about it.

January 25th, 2013, 5:44 pm
The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

blah blah blah, im not buying that you are supporting titus young. i think you are just waiting for him to catch a td or have a good game in another uniform and blame the lions organization or other posters on this site. you want him gone, just like everyone else. you cannot possibly be defending titus.

Legend, I'm not defending his behavior, I'm condemning the actions of our management and staff. I'm saying what I've said all along, if we managed him better we wouldn't be in this situation.

January 25th, 2013, 5:46 pm
Shotty wrote:
I honestly think that he has something wrong with him mentally. The dude is retweeting people throwing a bunch of insults at him and arguing with fans, calling himself a hall of famer, acting like a straight buffoon. He needs to go through something similar to what Brandon Marshall did to get it fixed.

Now, playing wise, why would he not be mad? I don't agree with WJB that TY should've gotten #2 WR reps as a rookie, even after Nate's bad games. TY is 1 inch shorter and 24 POUNDS LIGHTER than Burleson. How the hell is he going to beat press coverage with any consistency against aggressive corners? Look at his highlights, and most of his catches are from the slot or a CB playing "off" of him. He did not have the size to play #2. Maybe if he gained 7-15lb and simply worked his way up he'd get what he wants very soon, but instead he acts arrogant about it.

You can line a guy up anywhere Shotty... You can put a WR in motion that has trouble beating the jam, and Titus has lined up outside and played well there. If you're saying we should have kept him in the slot and targeted him more, I have no problem with that, and I don't think Titus would have cared. All along all he has complained about is targets. That Nate got double the targets with less talent than him is ridiculous. Also, Nate is no beast, and at his age I wouldn't be surprised if he were weaker than Titus (he was certainly less firey), and Nate didn't have the speed to make up for getting "jammed" at the LOS.

January 25th, 2013, 5:50 pm
Butkus Award Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:

You can line a guy up anywhere Shotty... You can put a WR in motion that has trouble beating the jam, and Titus has lined up outside and played well there. If you're saying we should have kept him in the slot and targeted him more, I have no problem with that, and I don't think Titus would have cared. All along all he has complained about is targets. That Nate got double the targets with less talent than him is ridiculous. Also, Nate is no beast, and at his age I wouldn't be surprised if he were weaker than Titus (he was certainly less firey), and Nate didn't have the speed to make up for getting "jammed" at the LOS.

In that case, that's exactly what I think would work great. I want Titus in the slot and Nate on the outside ONLY because he can make some good plays because of his size IMO and Titus has the speed and talent to be a scary slot WR.

Also, I think Titus should get at least 5 targets a game with Megatron on the offense, and think this all falls back on Linehan, he's awful IMO.

January 25th, 2013, 5:59 pm
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:

In that case, that's exactly what I think would work great. I want Titus in the slot and Nate on the outside ONLY because he can make some good plays because of his size IMO and Titus has the speed and talent to be a scary slot WR.

Also, I think Titus should get at least 5 targets a game with Megatron on the offense, and think this all falls back on Linehan, he's awful IMO.

Who knows who it falls back on... Schwartz interferes too much with the offense to know for sure. That's the problem with this team, there aren't any defined roles, and literally everyone has their hands in everyone's business. Allegedly Schwartz interferes with Mayhew's job, Schwartz interferes with Linehan, interferes with the play calling and game philosophy, etc.

IMO Titus should get 5+ (5-7) targets per game, Nate should have gotten < 5 targets per game, and CJ should have gotten > 7 (7-12). That we were getting Titus 3 targets per game, while getting Nate 7 targets per game is ridiculous. Nate was horrible.

January 25th, 2013, 6:06 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Who knows who it falls back on... Schwartz interferes too much with the offense to know for sure. That's the problem with this team, there aren't any defined roles, and literally everyone has their hands in everyone's business. Allegedly Schwartz interferes with Mayhew's job, Schwartz interferes with Linehan, interferes with the play calling and game philosophy, etc.

IMO Titus should get 5+ (5-7) targets per game, Nate should have gotten < 5 targets per game, and CJ should have gotten > 7 (7-12). That we were getting Titus 3 targets per game, while getting Nate 7 targets per game is ridiculous. Nate was horrible.

Where are the allegations coming from that Schwartz is interfering with everyone?

Also, targets are based on getting open. If you don't get open, you're not going to get targeted. That's been Titus's problem. Add that to the fact that was the second highest targeted receiver this season and had his own case of the dropsies. The order of targets was CJ, Pett, Sheff, Titus. Progression from the QB is WR1, WR2, TE, so the lack of targets are Titus's fault. If he doesn't create the separation, then he won't get the ball thrown his way. Nate might not be as talented as Titus, but he did do a better job of getting open overall. Broyles, who had no chemistry with Stafford came in and got targeted a little less than Titus but at a much higher rate once he got playing time because he knew how to and had a knack for getting open. That isn't a head coach issue, that's a WR coach issue. CJ can get targeted while covered because he's that talented. You yourself complained about Nate's inability to get open, yet he still got open more than Titus.

Titus's main problem is himself at this point. Claiming he's better than CJ, already a HOF'er just hurts his case. Even if Schwartz interfered in the playcalling, he wasn't the reason the receivers didn't know how to get open and run crisp routes. Titus just sounds like he's uncoachable. And when a player think's he doesn't need to improve, he's done. Even CJ always talks about always working to get better. Titus sounds like the opposite.

January 25th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Schwartz has admitted that he interferes with the offensive game plan. When we refuse to go into the hurry-up with under 6 minutes left down two scores, Schwartz has came out and said that it was his call. When we get stuck on the run, or target Pett too much, Schwartz has said that it was part of his game plan. When Linehan was asked why we've moved away from plays that were seemingly working (the few times when Leshoure was able to actually get good yards on the ground, he has said that it "wasn't his call."

You can't say that targets are a direct result of not getting open, and then claim that Pett and Nate get open more than Titus. There are designed plays, plays that are designed to get a guy open, and we seem to call less for TY than anyone else. Staff forces the ball to Pett and Nate regularly, with horrific results.

January 25th, 2013, 7:04 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Schwartz has admitted that he interferes with the offensive game plan. When we refuse to go into the hurry-up with under 6 minutes left down two scores, Schwartz has came out and said that it was his call. When we get stuck on the run, or target Pett too much, Schwartz has said that it was part of his game plan. When Linehan was asked why we've moved away from plays that were seemingly working (the few times when Leshoure was able to actually get good yards on the ground, he has said that it "wasn't his call."

You can't say that targets are a direct result of not getting open, and then claim that Pett and Nate get open more than Titus. There are designed plays, plays that are designed to get a guy open, and we seem to call less for TY than anyone else. Staff forces the ball to Pett and Nate regularly, with horrific results.

Seem to call less isn't what actually happens. The stats are all out there. And the play doesn't get the player open, the player gets himself open. Why is it only Broyles could get himself open consistently?

January 25th, 2013, 7:14 pm
njroar wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Seem to call less isn't what actually happens. The stats are all out there. And the play doesn't get the player open, the player gets himself open. Why is it only Broyles could get himself open consistently?

Sorry, your post simply defies reality. You're saying that Nate "got open" twice as much as Titus his rookie season? And, it doesn't matter who the play is called for, all WRs are treated equally on every play? That's flat out ridiculous.

You expect people to believe that Titus simply "got open" 9 times against one of the better secondaries in the league against Seattle and then "forgot" how to get open after that? Or that he knew how to "get open" his first game ever, and then forgot later? He was targeted 7 times his first NFL game, and caught 5 passes.

I highly doubt anyone on here will support you in this.

January 25th, 2013, 7:24 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
njroar wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Sorry, your post simply defies reality. You're saying that Nate "got open" twice as much as Titus his rookie season? And, it doesn't matter who the play is called for, all WRs are treated equally on every play? That's flat out ridiculous.

You expect people to believe that Titus simply "got open" 9 times against one of the better secondaries in the league against Seattle and then "forgot" how to get open after that? Or that he knew how to "get open" his first game ever, and then forgot later? He was targeted 7 times his first NFL game, and caught 5 passes.

I highly doubt anyone on here will support you in this.

Plays definitely have a primary receiver. Where did I say it didn't? But if that receiver isn't open, the quarterback goes through his progression. If that player isn't open, move to the next until you simply dump it off or throw it away. That's basic football. And yes, Nate got open more often than Titus consistently. Titus had his good games, but he couldn't do it regularly. Just watch the film. It's all pretty much there to see.

January 25th, 2013, 10:42 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

njroar, you may be right about the QB needing to hit his progressions but Stafford really struggled with that this season. I remember everyone saying TY was just ripping it up in camp and was ready for a huge year. All of a sudden we play real games and Stafford has a hard time getting the ball to anyone other than his two giant security blankets even though they dropped balls ALOT this season. WJB has a point about the SEA game, that was the best secondary in the NFL for a while and TY stepped up in Nate's absence and looked like his permanant upgrade. So why in the hell didn't we try to get him the ball more? Pettigrew is almost NEVER open when he gets the ball. Why jack up more deep balls to Scheffler than Titus Young? That's why we drafted him. This past season was prime time for the kid but someone made the decision to continue to feed the ball to one star player and while you can be pissed about his self-hype, I think that deep down he really believes it...just like pretty much anyone in the NFL at a skill position. He handled it wrong but he personifies the respect this team has for our FO. He was OK not getting the ball as long as we were winning but after a while of turning the ball over trying to force it to the same one or two guys and losing football games, he wants the damn ball. He wants to earn his damn money. He could've easily sat quietly and collected his check but I think he's made it pretty clear that we are wasting his time and we are.

Think about it, he's probably never been on a losing team in his life. On all of those teams, he was most likely a huge contributer. Hell he even came in as a rookie and help the lowly Lions become good and all of a sudden he gets no targets and we go absolutely down the crapper. Jim Schwartz keeps making smart a** little responses to the tweets but HE cost us more games than Titus Young last season. You don't think Titus Young would be ripping it up in N.E.? If he ends up with any of the actual legitimate NFL football teams, he will probably put up some good numbers and he knows it. He is not even in the same planet as CJ but there were many times last season where he could've really helped him out but we thought it was more important to get CJ huge numbers at all costs. I don't want to hear anymore about him not knowing how to get open because I've seen the guy play and when the ball is thrown to him he usually looks like an NFL WR and you almost never see balls thrown to him get picked off(I'm willing to bet that 85-90% of Stafford's picks are thrown to CJ and Pett). And for what it's worth, I think the reason Burleson gets the ball thrown his way more is simply because he is the second read after teams triple cover Calvin Johnson. Who the hell has CBs to waste on Nate Burleson 4 yrds beyond the LOS?

The saddest thing about this whole thing is the very real possibility that we will indeed let him walk and three years from now people will look back and say. "wow, that guy was right to get the hell out of Detroit."

January 26th, 2013, 7:50 am
Varsity Captain

Trade him to the Jets or Raiders.

Oh, there you go. Trade him and a draft pick to the Jets for Revis.

January 26th, 2013, 9:39 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next